Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It clearly wasn't a slip. He attempted some sort of clearance and it didn't work out. Simple as that, no need to be overly dramatic about it.

He slips as he turns to make that clearance. Stick it on your Youtube and watch it at half speed, hard to catch it at full speed.

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

Funny thing is I'm raging at Gerrard saying he was content at 1-1 and add that on to his assertion a week ago that we've started the season well. Results wise we've been fine but fuck me some of the performances have been dire.

If he was content at 1-1 like he should have been, we wouldn't have lost possession at the corner kick and free kick in the last 90 seconds. We would have taken them short to keep possession.

And Tavernier did slip or kind of got his studs caught in the turf. Those surfaces are ridiculous.

He wasn't any worse than anyone else against celtic and certainly better than some imo, so i don't understand why he would get singled out for that game when the whole team were poor and others put in a far worse performance than he did.

Apart from missing the penalty, i actually thought he was really good against Feyenoord - the whole team were brilliant but tired at the end imo.

Even last night, apart from his decision-making at the goals, he wasn't as bad as made out tbh. 

12 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Funny thing is I'm raging at Gerrard saying he was content at 1-1 and add that on to his assertion a week ago that we've started the season well. Results wise we've been fine but fuck me some of the performances have been dire.

1-1 would’ve been a solid result away from home to a team that hasn’t lost on their home patch for a year.

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He wasn't any worse than anyone else against celtic and certainly better than some imo, so i don't understand why he would get singled out for that game when the whole team were poor and others put in a far worse performance than he did.

Apart from missing the penalty, i actually thought he was really good against Feyenoord - the whole team were brilliant but tired at the end imo.

Even last night, apart from his decision-making at the goals, he wasn't as bad as made out tbh. 

His crossing was also poor last night. He is not a player on form atm I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Exactly this.

Only one guy bottled that game and it was the guy who left our best player - and Scottish footballs best player on the bench for 60 minutes!

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I absolutely love Tav but for him not to face Cameras last night or do press conference today is pretty poor from a Rangers captain.

Kinda agree with you here but at the same time I can't blame him for not wanting to do it tbh. His head will be down after that, last thing he'll want to do is face questions about it.

22 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Not for us he isn't - fuck knows why you're struggling with this fact.

It’s you that’s struggling.

Not  once have I said he’s not our left back.

He is however a right back.

Callum MacGregor played left back, Gerrard has played right back and Graham Roberts played in goal.

Doesn’t mean that’s their natural position does it?  And yet I’m the mong.

25 minutes ago, beararse said:

That’s entirely down to circumstance rather than by choice or design.

Flanagan covered for Glen Johnson (right back) and occasionally Jose Enrique (left back) and in 2013/14 Enrique was out injured for the majority of the season.

Hence why he played left back.

It is more to do with Glen Johnson being one of the best full backs in the EPL at that time, than Flanagan being a first choice left left back.

Flanagan just happened to be a right back who was a more dependable left back than Enrique’s intended understudy, Cissokho .

The fact he played both full back positions for a top EPL made him an attractive commodity  hence why Burnley, Bolton and now Rangers wanted him.

Whether you agree he’s any good or not, it doesn’t detract from the fact he is a right back first and a left back second.

It doesn’t matter how it came about, he still played that position consistently in his best ever season

Bolton have been a shambles for years, canny use them at all

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Don’t remember this pish when it was any other player that wasn’t liked within the support tbh. Canny greet about it when it’s somebody you like then ignore it when it’s not.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

His crossing was also poor last night. He is not a player on form atm I'm afraid.

I disagree.

I think he's been playing well and he's still contributing in attack with more goals and assists so far this season than he had at this point last season.

You're not going to get a perfect performance week in week out from any player playing in the SPL, or in any league tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

1-1 would’ve been a solid result away from home to a team that hasn’t lost on their home patch for a year.

Yeah I agree but somehow that didn’t seem to be the way the players tried to see the game out.  

My concerns are to do with what instructions were being given from the sidelines as the game was in the last 5-10 mins.  

9 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I disagree.

I think he's been playing well and he's still contributing in attack with more goals and assists so far this season than he had at this point last season.

You're not going to get a perfect performance week in week out from any player playing in the SPL, or in any league tbh. 

You may be the only person on here or when I'm in the company of my mates who think Tav is having a good season.

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

It’s you that’s struggling.

Not  once have I said he’s not our left back.

He is however a right back.

Callum MacGregor played left back, Gerrard has played right back and Graham Roberts played in goal.

Doesn’t mean that’s their natural position does it?  And yet I’m the mong.

Why are you now adding in the "natural position" part? Throughout his career he has played both LB and RB, he's equally shite at both.

He's played 36 games for us and around 4 of them as a RB. That clearly makes him our backup LB, fuck knows why you're not seeing this here - Gerrard even signed another RB in Polster to compete for the RB slot, so if Flanagan was a "natural" RB, surely he wouldn't have needed Polster?

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'm not Tavernier's biggest fan but that theory is absolute shite.

I wish it was its been noticeable since Candeias left the right side has been weaker and a good source of goals for teams.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I never said that i think he's having a good season.

"I think he's been playing well and he's still contributing in attack with more goals and assists so far this season than he had at this point last season."

I just responded to your comments that would suggest you think he is having a good season.

Archived