Did we freeze 5 weeks ago?

Thermopylae

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We had an off day.

To be brutally honest, celtic are a half decent team and there is not much between us. Some of these games we will win, some we will lose.

What we seem to have in our favour is a manager who seems to be able to man manage very well and have a great squad harmony. I can't help but feel they will be far more likely to turn on each other when things don't go their way.

As long as we keep the pressure on by beating everyone else, then I think they could go into meltdown.

Dropping silly points will give them the confidence they need. We have to keep the pressure on.

From what I can remember, their manager has generally done well in his first few years at clubs. Squad wise I agree there isn't much in it, they maybe edge it slightly. 

Realistically, we are underdogs but I think that suits us perfectly. Them and us will both drop silly points this year, but I have been pleasantly surprised how well we have done with so many injuries as of late, which I think shows progress on last year.

Either way, reckon it will be close this year, bring home 55.

7 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Naw we got the tactics wrong and were just shite. We never froze

Aribo and ojo froze bigtime, whole team were shite and tactics wrong but they 2 didn't expect that. Eyes opened for the peadodome end if dec... both more so aribo after getting his skull took aff will both know they need to get physical 

2 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

The tactics and personnel were wrong which is why the players on the park didn't perform. 

I do think recently we are a more fluent team without Aribo in it but there's still plenty of time for him to shine. 

Both aribo and ojo are raw talents. Not finished articles at all. Down to Gerrard to manage this..

Ojo has the same deal as worrall, play so many games by January or we pay a fee

6 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Didn't freeze as much as manager got his tactics horribly wrong, learn and move on.

This. We’d have absolutely pumped that mob if we’d played the right team that day. 

Just going to have to beat them in the league cup final to make up for it. 

I think there were a few problems that day, first one was out players believing all the paper talk of us simply turning up and getting an easy result. That went to our players heads and the other mob simply wanted it more that day.

Secondly the starting line up was all wrong, we had zero width and that was trouble straight away. We set up to suit them as opposed to suit ourselves and really made it easy for them.

The good thing is it doesn't seem to have effected confidence, if anything it's made our players realise they need to keep turning up while for them I think it really papers over the cracks. This is our season unless we throw it away like we did at times last season and the game at Ibrox last month.

5 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

We got everything wrong that day. But the reaction has been 1st class, if we’d have won the game then celtics reaction might have been as good as ours has and we could’ve dropped points.

We’ll never know.

Yeah, hope at the end of the season we say that was the pivotal league winning moment where we truly focused and addressed some faults in style, tactics, mentality etc. It may well turn out that way.

23 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If we got outplayed and lost then fair enough but sickening to think we potentially could be 8 points clear right now. All of a result of changing a winning formula against a weak scum back 4.

I wonder if we would have got Kent if we had cruised past them that day ... it was an awful lot of money and perhaps that result forced the boards hand? 

On 07/10/2019 at 15:24, Rfc52 said:

No even any point in worrying about that day now.

We've reversed that and in some style. Gerrard won't make the same mistake again. So just enjoy going top rather than focusing on what happened over a month ago 

Well said, they've learned from that game and improved 

Sometimes the stars and planets align, tactics are perfect, average players become good players, good players become great players, and great players become class players. Sometimes the complete opposite happens and you play shit, we got the opposite when we played them.

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 15:27, Thermopylae said:

Just annoying when you see timothy stumbling along now 

They are hardly stumbling along . See this is what we do . The scum have a few bad results and it's going to be a walk in the park .

Every team has their bad spells in a season . We can only hope they have quite a few of them

However it's what we do that ultimately matters

And in the Old firm game . It was SG that fucked up . No doubt about that

If we win the league this season . It will be forgotten

If we lose the league by 3 points or less  , then I'm not so sure

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 22:34, King Jela said:

This. We’d have absolutely pumped that mob if we’d played the right team that day. 

Just going to have to beat them in the league cup final to make up for it. 

Win this and real doubts will start to surface over there

Lose and it will just keep  the momentum of winning trophies   with them

27 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

They are hardly stumbling along . See this is what we do . The scum have a few bad results and it's going to be a walk in the park .

Every team has their bad spells in a season . We can only hope they have quite a few of them

Exactly. It's a cliche but we just need to take each game as it comes and try to win them all.

Tough game away at hearts next. We are in great form just now, just need to keep on riding that wave.

41 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Dont beat hearts and there will be a thread for every player, all shite again, and one for Gerrard who will be useless, clueless, inexperienced and tactically inept.

The same folk who go overboard when we do well will be first to fling the criticism 

The RM way.

Archived