PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

I have an external hard drive on my PS4 just now, is it just plug and play for this to work on ps5? Plug it in, go to settings and mark to use external storage?

It wont allow ps5 games to go to it, however it will auto download ps4 games to it instead of internal storage

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It wont allow ps5 games to go to it, however it will auto download ps4 games to it instead of internal storage

you cant store PS5 games to an external drive? or is it just a different format than what PS4 is (FAT32 i think)?

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

does anyone have the headphones are they worth the layout of them?

Don't have them myself as barely play with headphones on but pal who has them says they are brilliant, really comfortable and great sound.Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

you cant store PS5 games to an external drive? or is it just a different format than what PS4 is (FAT32 i think)?

Not sure, i might try but for me its kinda pointless as rowley says you want games being read from the ssd as its way faster

On the topic of storage - can anyone recommend me something to plug in to store stuff on?

I know you can't play PS5 games off it, but tbh I only really play 3 or 4 games on the go at once, with 1 or 2 kids games installed so the little ones can play, so it's just somewhere to store them so it's quicker than having to manually reinstall every single timeĀ 

48 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

On the topic of storage - can anyone recommend me something to plug in to store stuff on?

I know you can't play PS5 games off it, but tbh I only really play 3 or 4 games on the go at once, with 1 or 2 kids games installed so the little ones can play, so it's just somewhere to store them so it's quicker than having to manually reinstall every single timeĀ 

i use this on ps 4

Ā 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD_Black-Game-Drive-Access-Library/dp/B07VMTNDMK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=gaming+external+hard+drive&qid=1639746512&s=computers&sprefix=gaming+e%2Ccomputers%2C297&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMEY2OU85OElSV002JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDU4MTk5UFo4QkQyOUY1NkY5JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5NDg3OTdFOTg1M0E0RFhaNVMmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVlĀ 

58 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not sure, i might try but for me its kinda pointless as rowley says you want games being read from the ssd as its way faster

It will be to access my ps4 library really as all my games are stored on an external.

PS4 is fucked, no connection with any controllers, took the ps4 apart and changed the wifi/bluetooth antenna but no change. If i couldnt play my PS4 games on PS5 i'd buy a PS4 pro alongside it, too many great games and not enough out on PS5 for me yet.Ā 

5 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Im. Certain u can store ps5 games on an external drive but only for storage. U need to transfer them. Onto the internal drive to actually play them

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Got a Ā£50 thank you from work for Christmas, bought COD Vanguard with it and paid the Ā£9 difference from Amazon

Looking forward to getting on it tonight

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚I'm not a cod fan, haven't been since mw2 however my 2 oldest boys have stated that it's singlehandedly the worst cod game they have played and both initiated refunds via steam straight away.Ā 

12 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚I'm not a cod fan, haven't been since mw2 however my 2 oldest boys have stated that it's singlehandedly the worst cod game they have played and both initiated refunds via steam straight away.Ā 

I think it's as fun as you make it - for the first time in years, 2 of my best mates are back on the ps5 and on it already most nights so will just be banter

19 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I didn't buy Vanguard as COD WW2 is still fresh in the memory and they look pretty similar

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I bought a 2tb seagate external storage for the ps4, easy to set up and never full, on the ps4 i didnt notice any difference between playing them from console storage or external storageĀ 

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

Im. Certain u can store ps5 games on an external drive but only for storage. U need to transfer them. Onto the internal drive to actually play them

Thats what it was, knew there was something weird about it but couldn't mind it exactly

would you not be as well just buying an internal ssd for the PS5 rather than an external especially since all of your new games will be a PS5 version

and on that does anyone know whats the best one to get alongside a heatsink for it

(looks like i'll be buying either the headset or that for myself)

9 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

It will be to access my ps4 library really as all my games are stored on an external.

PS4 is fucked, no connection with any controllers, took the ps4 apart and changed the wifi/bluetooth antenna but no change. If i couldnt play my PS4 games on PS5 i'd buy a PS4 pro alongside it, too many great games and not enough out on PS5 for me yet.Ā 

Have you tried connecting your controllers to the Ps4 using the USB cable? I've split the HDMI output from my PS4 so that I can play it upstairs as well as downstairs. The problem I had though was with controller connectivity. Running a 5m USB cable and cubing the settings so that the controller only uses USB solved it for me.Ā 

8 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Have you tried connecting your controllers to the Ps4 using the USB cable? I've split the HDMI output from my PS4 so that I can play it upstairs as well as downstairs. The problem I had though was with controller connectivity. Running a 5m USB cable and cubing the settings so that the controller only uses USB solved it for me.Ā 

Tried everything bud, used all controllers, my brother's, different usbs, won't recognise anything. Tried the reset on console as well and its just asking for me to push the ps button on dual shock to start but doesn't recognise that, bought a cheap wired controller and doesn't recognise the ps button on there either. Tried using the ps app on my phone but still nothing.

Fucking frustrating as it was all fine, had finished playing vanguard and put it in rest mode and that was it, wouldn't work since.

21 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

would you not be as well just buying an internal ssd for the PS5 rather than an external especially since all of your new games will be a PS5 version

and on that does anyone know whats the best one to get alongside a heatsink for it

(looks like i'll be buying either the headset or that for myself)

Have a look at the sabrenet rocket 4. Theirs a version that comes with a heatsink. Best value I've found and the heatsink is designed specifically for the ps5

Screenshot_2021-12-18-17-59-28-634_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.thumb.jpg.9867c9912bfcc419427e2863d9bb03e9.jpg

12 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Have a look at the sabrenet rocket 4. Theirs a version that comes with a heatsink. Best value I've found and the heatsink is designed specifically for the ps5

Screenshot_2021-12-18-17-59-28-634_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.thumb.jpg.9867c9912bfcc419427e2863d9bb03e9.jpg

cheers mate i saw a guy on youtube use that one and liked it but couldnt remember the name at Ā£170 is just a shade too much just now but i expect after the new year to get it just a bit cheaper but at least now i know what to buyĀ 

:tu: