PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

3 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

looks like we are getting the one thing that i thought the xbox did better than sony and thats the ability to pause a game then play another so thats another kick in the teeth to microsoft 

Oh that's good. I mean it's just a save state at the end of the day.  Now for VRR.

On 23/11/2021 at 20:45, Jimbeamjunior said:

https://www.very.co.uk/samsung-ue55tu8300kxxu-55-inchnbspcurved-crystal-uhd-4k-hdr-smart-tv/1600516497.prd

Just got this today, setup and running and fuck me, obviously ps4 games aren't much different, but ps5 and streaming services look unbelievable on it

mess about with picture settings mate - I got an LG 55nano866 a few months ago for my PS5 and just an example, Sekiro on vivid looks great. 

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

is that the graphics update for certain TVs if so we got that a while back but not many TVs has it

no mate it's variable refresh rate - you get them on hdmi 2.1 TV's.  what happens is when the frames drop in games the tv refreshes to try to sync in so not that noticeable.  xbox has it and PS5 is due it. 

10 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

For anyone looking for a single player game Iver the winter months check out lost judgement. Arguably better than the first game and is currently on sale on the psn store just now despite only being released about 6 or 7 weeks back. 

Looking forward to YLAD2

Looks like another Yakuza, and I didn’t really like the Like a dragon game tbh. 

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

13 sentinels: aegis rim looks very interesting especially with 60% off on the psn store. 

Anyone played it yet?? 

Aye it's really good, the story is excellent in it. It's mostly about the story as I wouldn't say the gameplay is that fantastic but it can be quite fun.

4 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Looks Interesting with the 2d action then overhead action scenes 

I paid full price for it last year and still felt like it was worth the money. One of the best stories although convoluted stories this generation, my only recommendation is do as much of the story stuff as you can in between each battle as there are minor spoilers in the later battles that'll kill some of the twists.

27 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I paid full price for it last year and still felt like it was worth the money. One of the best stories although convoluted stories this generation, my only recommendation is do as much of the story stuff as you can in between each battle as there are minor spoilers in the later battles that'll kill some of the twists.

I believe its 13 dif stories intertwined. Think I may get it on payday. 

The one I've been waiting for ages to go on sale is atelier ryza 2 but I've never seen it in sale once

Following difficult family news, I'm back in Glasgow for a couple of weeks. Been here a week already, back down to London on Sunday. I thought I'd treat myself to a new game seeing as I have the telly and PS5 still up here. Gives me something to do at night to lose myself a bit whilst doing my hospital visits and work from home through the week.

I decided after a bit of a search around to bite the bullet and buy the Guardians of the Galaxy game.

I genuinely thought it looked pretty awful from trailer footage, especially after the flop that is the Avengers game - they look to play very much alike. I've wanted to get the Avengers game anyway due to finally running through all of the Marvel content this past year. It reviews so badly that I haven't went for it. Guardians on the other hand reviews really well so thought I'd pick it up to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I'm so glad I did. It's excellent. Great fun, tone is spot on, gameplay smooth, looks visually amazing when bumped up to the quality mode, though the game weirdly struggles with framerate so I keep it on performance mode which still looks good. Reminds me a bit of Fallen Order if anyone played that Star Wars game, just with a much more amusing tone.

Definitely recommend it.

Also for anyone still wanting that code to be able to purchase a PS5 from Curry's, it's still available.

On 11/07/2021 at 15:30, Marky. said:

I’m sure it was confirmed as much. Definitely a DLC. I wonder if Square Enix’s Avengers and (admittedly terrible looking) Guardians games will somehow link in. I assume not due to the Sony situation as you rightly say.

Next steps look clear anyway in terms of story following both post credit scenes. Looking forward to seeing where they go with that.

Absolutely love Spider-man games. It’s the perfect concept for a video game when done right. I’ve said many times on here how Spider-Man 2 is one of my favourite games ever, these two encapsulated what was so good about that game too.

Jokes on me.

5 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Jokes on everyone I think. Don't know anyone who saw that initial trailer and thought it was going to be good.

Have you played it mate? Really good fun. Nice to finally have something to get excited to play when it's time to unwind! Better than waiting for a new Hawkeye episode on a weekly basis.

43 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Have you played it mate? Really good fun. Nice to finally have something to get excited to play when it's time to unwind! Better than waiting for a new Hawkeye episode on a weekly basis.

I bought it in the Black Friday sale but trying to finish Crash 4 first. Looking forward to it, sounds like it's a Marvel Mass Effect.

6 hours ago, Marky. said:

Following difficult family news, I'm back in Glasgow for a couple of weeks. Been here a week already, back down to London on Sunday. I thought I'd treat myself to a new game seeing as I have the telly and PS5 still up here. Gives me something to do at night to lose myself a bit whilst doing my hospital visits and work from home through the week.

I decided after a bit of a search around to bite the bullet and buy the Guardians of the Galaxy game.

I genuinely thought it looked pretty awful from trailer footage, especially after the flop that is the Avengers game - they look to play very much alike. I've wanted to get the Avengers game anyway due to finally running through all of the Marvel content this past year. It reviews so badly that I haven't went for it. Guardians on the other hand reviews really well so thought I'd pick it up to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I'm so glad I did. It's excellent. Great fun, tone is spot on, gameplay smooth, looks visually amazing when bumped up to the quality mode, though the game weirdly struggles with framerate so I keep it on performance mode which still looks good. Reminds me a bit of Fallen Order if anyone played that Star Wars game, just with a much more amusing tone.

Definitely recommend it.

Also for anyone still wanting that code to be able to purchase a PS5 from Curry's, it's still available.

Hope all is well mate 

13 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Been playing fallout 76 a fair bit recently it has improved so much and there's a new update soon for it as well. 

I loved the other Fallout games, and got right obsessed with 4. Wife was preggers at the time and was on a real ‘save my wife a child mission’ :lol: 

Never bought 76. Worth a purchase? Is it all online / multiplayer?

47 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I loved the other Fallout games, and got right obsessed with 4. Wife was preggers at the time and was on a real ‘save my wife a child mission’ :lol: 

Never bought 76. Worth a purchase? Is it all online / multiplayer?

That is a good way to get into the game mate. 

It's available on psNow I got it for Christmas last year so I've been using it a lot. 

Wee heads up folks I know a lot of people are probably getting an upgrade to a ps5 this Christmas. Our local kids home put out a request for game donations as someone has kindly donated at PS4 to them but not many games , worth getting in touch to see if they can make use of any old games / controllers go to better use than sitting gathering dust or the £5 you’ll get as a trade in from game