PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, Blue72 said:

Read a bit about Returnal - how frustrating is it vs. something like the dark souls series?  Could do with a challenging game but not if it’s totally unfair if you know what I mean? 

Pm me who you used to be and we will leave it at that 

Just now, Blue72 said:

Read a bit about Returnal - how frustrating is it vs. something like the dark souls series?  Could do with a challenging game but not if it’s totally unfair if you know what I mean? 

no, not like the dark souls games it just when you die you start at the beginning (and can get a bit frustrating) but thats part of the story as when you do its not the same terrain you go through as the map changes and the enemies are elsewhere 

but it is a game you'll have to set a bit of time for

1 minute ago, Rowley Birkin said:

no, not like the dark souls games it just when you die you start at the beginning (and can get a bit frustrating) but thats part of the story as when you do its not the same terrain you go through as the map changes and the enemies are elsewhere 

but it is a game you'll have to set a bit of time for

Sounds interesting especially as on PSN now will definitely have to try it 

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

TBF shopto are a cracking company to use, that's who I was able to get a day 1 delivery from. Not once have I had a single problem with them.

Recommended them to a boy at work and he thought he would wait a couple of weeks to receive his ps5 and was surprised he ordered it at 1630 on the Thursday and had it delivered with DPD on the Friday at 1545

9 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

TBF shopto are a cracking company to use, that's who I was able to get a day 1 delivery from. Not once have I had a single problem with them.

Recommended them to a bit at work and he thought he would wait a couple of weeks to receive his ps5 and was surprised he ordered it at 1630 on the Thursday and had it delivered with DPD on the Friday at 1545

Defo Rab.

I use them for cheaper PS+ subscriptions and I buy PS store gift cards, usually get £100 worth for around £88. CDkeys used to be excellent for gift cards.

On 25/06/2022 at 01:16, Rowley Birkin said:

just a wee heads up if you can get the top tier in the new PSN not only do you get demos to play the games for free on it are fantastic youve got returnal which is a frustratingly good game and assassins creed valhalla along with remasters of the resident evil and bioshock games

it only cost me £8 to upgrade as my PSN runs out in august and i will renew it even at £100 for the year its definitely worth it considering games now are £50- £60 for one

Is it all streaming games or can you download them?

that ps now was a bit shit cause most were streaming when I had it 

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Is it all streaming games or can you download them?

that ps now was a bit shit cause most were streaming when I had it 

there are stream only games but most you can download even ones from earlier playstations

i downloaded assassins creed valhalla, returnal and uncharted legacy and fallout 76

i think those alone is a not bad return

6 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

there are stream only games but most you can download even ones from earlier playstations

i downloaded assassins creed valhalla, returnal and uncharted legacy and fallout 76

i think those alone is a not bad return

Still got the same problem as Playstation Now, if they remove it from Premium or Extra you can't play it anymore even if it's been downloaded. 

2 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i cant see the games being removed as surely they want to grow their library to make it more marketable

Already going to remove a couple of games in July.

Other PS Plus Extra, PS Plus Premium listed expiry dates are:

NBA 2K22 — 31st August 2022

WRC 10 — 31st August 2022

Red Dead Redemption — 17th October 2022

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare — 17th October 2022

Those have been confirmed as well. 

Still got a decent time with those 4, but personally I think as long as you keep the package you should be able to play it still. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Still got a decent time with those 4, but personally I think as long as you keep the package you should be able to play it still. 

That’s what EA do on access 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

im not talking about the steaming service but with PSN you download that months game into your library and can download them anytime as long as you've a subscription its the same with these ive added other ive just not got room to download just now

7 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

im not talking about the steaming service but with PSN you download that months game into your library and can download them anytime as long as you've a subscription its the same with these ive added other ive just not got room to download just now

It's not the same as the free monthly games though. You keep those forever no matter what as long as you have a subscription.

The games to download for Premium or Extra are not to keep. If Sony remove them you can't play them!

We recently reported on a couple of games featured in PS Plus Extra and PS Plus Premium that will be leaving the service fairly soon. This caused a little confusion, as many believed that the huge libraries of games in the new tiers would be accessible forever, so long as you stay subscribed and download them to your PS5 or PS4. To be perfectly clear, that is not the case.

If a game is removed from PS Plus Extra or Premium, it will no longer be available to play — even if you've claimed it.

Sony did confirm this detail in its PS Blog guide to the new PS Plus, making the following statement: "Similar to PlayStation Now, if the content is no longer offered on PlayStation Plus, you won’t be able to access the titles when they leave the service".

On 27/06/2022 at 20:48, Rangers_no1 said:

I think as long as you keep the package you should be able to play it still. 

@RFC55

Then you are expecting far too much for less than a tenner a month. You are paying for instant access to over 400 on demand titles... Not to own games.

Like PS Now previously and Xbox's games pass, this new service is for the most part a glorified rental service that's heavily based on the Netflix subscription business model. You don't own anything on Netflix, prime or anything of that nature either.

Sony pay 3rd party studios to have their games on the premium/extra service for a certain duration of time. Once that times up - it leaves.

The service is then refreshed with new entries as others leave. Sony's first party games, much like Netflix's own shows will likely remain on the service indefinitely.(just like EA do with Access) 

The idea is that there is a constant supply of fresh titles for you to play.. You play the games that are available and when you are done you move on to the next thing... For that to happen other titles need to leave the service to free up revenue to bring in new titles. 

If you're the kind of person who only plays a handful of games a year.. This isn't the service for you. 

In regards to the aforementioned titles already leaving a month or so in to the service... Those are titles that have transitioned between ps now and ps plus extra/premium - it in no way signifies that games will only be available for a month or two. 

I'd imagine it will be like xbox.. Most titles will be signed up to 6 or 12 month deals. Rockstar tend to only have their games on these services for 3 months though. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Next gen wise I've played Fifa and spiderman since I got the PS5. Only got it for this boxing game that's still not out yet.

Gathers dust

should give valhalla a go it looks great as does horizon forbidden west theres a few really good looking games on it

i'm saying that as im playing a PS1 and a PS2 game on it :lol:

28 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

should give valhalla a go it looks great as does horizon forbidden west theres a few really good looking games on it

i'm saying that as im playing a PS1 and a PS2 game on it :lol:

Tbf I think the best games on it probably aren’t next gen - quite a few of the new releases are sort of ps4 upgrades (like ER) then playing the classics like dark souls 1/2, shadow of the colossus had been much better than HFW which I got bored of pretty quickly 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/07/2022 at 05:21, CR3 said:

The game that was claiming to be souls-like recently was called Dolmen but by most accounts was really shite. Outwith all the fromsoft titles that gets a pass would probably be ‘Mortal Shell’ by a small studio. Done a good job tbf. @Blue72

Heard good things about mortal shell - it’s a year or two old I think so can probably get it cheap.  May check it out next.