PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

On 10/11/2022 at 22:32, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Played first hour of Ragnarok earlier. Could feel myself welling up a bit. Feels like the franchise has peaked.

Beautiful game for story and looks. Graphics on PS5 are absolutely stunning! Can’t wait to get stuck in further this weekend.

Amazon video better not cock up the TV adaptation when the time comes.

Aye I’m about 3/4 through I think and it’s been phenomenal just keeps getting better genuinely feels like controlling a top level movie at times 

3 hours ago, northern bear said:

Not sure if this is the correct thread. My son wants an xbox or PS5 for Xmas. Currently swaying towards an xbox but I have zero clue on these things. Any advice? 

Main point is if you go for the Xbox get the series x for numerous reasons but most importantly you can buy one from your local Argos whereas the ps5 might need a wait and hope 

Most important tho is what console does his friends use??

29 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Main point is if you go for the Xbox get the series x for numerous reasons but most importantly you can buy one from your local Argos whereas the ps5 might need a wait and hope 

Most important tho is what console does his friends use??

It will be the series x. Think the wife can get 10% off at asda through her nhs discount so prob just go for that as cant see there being any black friday deals. I dont game at all apart from giving him the occasional beating at fifa. His birthday is a week before Christmas so will cost me a fortune. 

9 minutes ago, northern bear said:

It will be the series x. Think the wife can get 10% off at asda through her nhs discount so prob just go for that as cant see there being any black friday deals. I dont game at all apart from giving him the occasional beating at fifa. His birthday is a week before Christmas so will cost me a fortune. 

Agree with above, Game Pass sets Xbox Series X apart a bit, thinking ahead to saving £££ on the actual games.  I got several years membership from discounted coupons, so it was a fraction of the normal price.  Definitely set it up before his birthday and put back in the box, as there are always loads of downloads/updates, which are an absolute bore.

Feel the rage already from being in the PS5 thread.

I had both. I sold my PS5 and kept my Series X.

I’m a big fan of Sony’s first party games but I refuse to pay 70 quid for them. I don’t get fomo by not playing games on day 1 anymore… so I’m happy to wait until they drop. Since I got an Xbox my PS5 literally sat collecting dust.

Games pass and rewards are the main reason for that. I usually earn enough points without grinding to claim a free game in the sales every month or even a decent amount to put towards a free month of games pass. Better support for backwards compatibility and the ability to install emulators is a big bonus for me… it’s like having a gimped small form gaming PC for the living room.

I’ll probably buy another ps5 when the pro version is out… by then i will have a massive backlog of exclusives to play.

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Didn't know it took so bloody long to transfer everything from the PS4 to the 5. :lol:

It's easier and quicker, way quicker  just to download everything again, or it was for me with my internet.

Just signed in and downloaded my first game to play then once done downloaded games as and when required and used the cloud saves.

My son's took about 8 hours all in to do.

Enjoy your new console😁

25 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Didn't know it took so bloody long to transfer everything from the PS4 to the 5. :lol:

you should've just to the PSN top tier as there's a good chance your games are in that library and just downloaded the saves for them 

if you like the 'older' games then i suggest you get premium where there's games like RDR2 and GOW i even downloaded the first watchdogs game 

5 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

you should've just to the PSN top tier as there's a good chance your games are in that library and just downloaded the saves for them 

if you like the 'older' games then i suggest you get premium where there's games like RDR2 and GOW i even downloaded the first watchdogs game 

Red dead has been removed 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2022 at 14:08, Rowley Birkin said:

I just downgraded from that back to standard. Load of shite in there overall.  No worth it. 

On 14/02/2023 at 12:18, Dan Deacon said:

I just downgraded from that back to standard. Load of shite in there overall.  No worth it. 

Got two year USA PSNOW with that loophole (even after sony stopped it) and upgraded to PSplus Premium for free.  All in was just over $100, which worked out about £80 (£40 a year).  Just started Horizon Forbidden West tonight on the service.  Already played Miles Morales, Demon Souls, Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut, Judgement, Yakuza Like a Dragon and Returnal to name just some.

Doubt very much I'll keep it going beyond next April unless get a good deal but been well worth it so far.

34 minutes ago, Assegai said:

State of Play tonight at 9pm. First in ages.

A huge chunk of it will be dedicated to PSVR2 you would imagine which looks fucking class btw. I've still got the original PSVR which was decent but the improvements made for the new version are absolute game changers. 

55 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Still waiting on this boxing game. One of the only reasons I bought the thing!

It’s out on pc the now well think it’s a beta, shouldn’t be too far away hopefully,

looked at the psvr2 reviews and tbh I’m getting tempted to buy :lol:

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

It’s out on pc the now well think it’s a beta, shouldn’t be too far away hopefully,

looked at the psvr2 reviews and tbh I’m getting tempted to buy :lol:

Aye been watching the reviews on it, Ben nearly 18 months it's been held back.

She'd leave me if I bought that lol although my boy would love it.