Jordan Jones

MrMckee

Jones is useful in Europe and against celtic.  Give him space to run in to and he can do damage.  It allows us to hit on the break with pace which was his role at Kilmarnock.  I hope he's available for that cup final and game at Parkhead next month.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

Potentially better than Kent? I fucking hate this forum at times. 

It was just one poster (as far as I have seen) who said that mate, I have not noticed anyone else say it so not sure it is RM that you should hate. :pipe:

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

It was just one poster (as far as I have seen) who said that mate, I have not noticed anyone else say it so not sure it is RM that you should hate. :pipe:

True, but some of the mental stuff I've read in the Bears Den in recent years has made me feel like gouging my eyes out.  

49 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

True, but some of the mental stuff I've read in the Bears Den in recent years has made me feel like gouging my eyes out.  

:lol:

The international breaks are not great on RM at times I must admit, but never mind we will soon be back to playing games again, until the bloody winter break kicks in.   

:angrywillie:

3 hours ago, theweebluenose said:

Potentially better than Kent? I fucking hate this forum at times. 

The operative word is 'potentially'...Its a speculative opinion, Ryan Kent still has alot to prove. My view is that after his goal against celtic, and decking Brown, everyone seems to be blind to his weaknesses as a player. As said,I do think Kent is a great player, but he's far from the finished article as some people seem to suggest with the hard on they have for him.

2 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

The operative word is 'potentially'...Its a speculative opinion, Ryan Kent still has alot to prove. My view is that after his goal against celtic, and decking Brown, everyone seems to be blind to his weaknesses as a player. As said,I do think Kent is a great player, but he's far from the finished article as some people seem to suggest with the hard on they have for him.

Kent reminds me of Naeneck in his younger years .Inconsistent even within games,pace to burn but iffy in his decision making and not much of a threat around the goals.However with the proper coaching and a bit of luck with injuries I'm confident of  Kent being a 20 m player in the future.

3 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Kent reminds me of Naeneck in his younger years .Inconsistent even within games,pace to burn but iffy in his decision making and not much of a threat around the goals.However with the proper coaching and a bit of luck with injuries I'm confident of  Kent being a 20 m player in the future.

Spot on 

6 hours ago, ronniemca said:

Sterling was a terrible goalscorer in his younger years. I think that is a similar similarity.

What Kent and Jones do have in common is attitude. Both have the desired winning mentality and both not doing prisoners when fucked with.

A great attribute for a winger who do tend to be targeted by the hammer throwers.

There the similarity ends.

Jones being the more conventional and less blessed than Kent, but value adding none the less.

Kent is inconsistent but his talent is obvious and will be well honed under Gerrard. This boy can go all the way. I dread to think his value in 1/2 years time.

Our squad has simply stepped up in quality and in depth. We should fear no one. We done a job on Porto, when after the first half, I thought all was lost. We now have gems popping up all over the place. Whether it's Jack or Helander or Alfie, matters little, as we are winning games.

We are becoming an impressive and formidable force again.

Archived