Jordan Jones

MrMckee

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jordan Jones is a great player and will prove to be as good, potentially better than Ryan Kent. All our wingers, incl Ojo, Barker and Stewart (altho more a no10) , will play a big part in our season so having Jones back will be a massive plus - esp going into a hectic fixture period.

6 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

I think Jordan Jones is a great player and will prove to be as good, potentially better than Ryan Kent. All our wingers, incl Ojo, Barker and Stewart (altho more a no10) , will play a big part in our season so having Jones back will be a massive plus - esp going into a hectic fixture period.

Evening Jordan..

Hope the leg is better mate.

4 hours ago, Broxi said:

Interested in what people think about Kent and Jones playing together and which side of the pitch they should be on?

Initial thought was keep Kent left and Jones right but Kent is very 2 footed so probably wouldn't be too phased playing on the right and I think Jones is a much bigger threat from shooting. Jones will get more goals cutting inside and shooting than Kent will whereas Kent is more creative and in that sense it probably doesn't matter which side he plays on especially when he's 2 footed as I said.

I believe Kent is dangerous on either side whereas Jones is more suited on the left.  

3 hours ago, bluebell82 said:

Anyone who thinks he will end up better than Kent needs to get off the gear.

46 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Anyone who thinks he will end up better than Kent needs to get off the gear.

Although very talented Kent is still very inconsistent. If you'd said this time last year that a year down the line Kent would be classed as one of our best players you'd have been told to get off the gear...FFS Ojo could still come good yet and be better than them all (as hard as it is to believe). Ultimately I think Kent and Jones will be big players for us this season - hopefully there's a debate to be had at the end of the season as to who's best as it'll mean they've both had good seasons.

2 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

Although very talented Kent is still very inconsistent. If you'd said this time last year that a year down the line Kent would be classed as one of our best players you'd have been told to get off the gear...FFS Ojo could still come good yet and be better than them all (as hard as it is to believe). Ultimately I think Kent and Jones will be big players for us this season - hopefully there's a debate to be had at the end of the season as to who's best as it'll mean they've both had good seasons.

no disrespect mate, but there is a reason RK is our second most expensive player in history. He will become very good if he stays healthy.

7 hours ago, trueblueal said:

He has a similar style to Kent. Probably signed when it looked like we wouldn't get Kent back.  A backup option I think. 

He was signed in January mate, so I doubt he was signed as backup for not getting Kent. 

17 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Anyone know when he's back from injury? Can't say we have missed him too much, but still nice to have that extra option. Still think he has something to offer the team and probably has more talent then Barker for example. 

Christ, for what I've seen so far, I'm a better option than Barker. He looks shocking

14 hours ago, bluebell82 said:

😄

14 hours ago, bluebell82 said:

Hi Jordan

12 hours ago, bluebell82 said:

Kent was one of our best players this time last year. 

12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

no disrespect mate, but there is a reason RK is our second most expensive player in history. He will become very good if he stays healthy.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, I'm saying he can be inconsistent (which is generally the case with most young wingers). £7m is a relatively low price for a young english player but is prob about right in terms of Kent's level of experience. The simple fact is if Kent was the finished article he wouldn't be with us, but do think he'll develop further and we'll be able to sell him on in a few years for a tidy profit. 

Archived