AGM Thread

BridgeIsBlue

31 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

No, he was first a caretaker then he was given the chance to be manager after Pedro.

I think Warburton was terrible because he didn't deliver and spent a hell of a lot of money. He failed.

Warburton definitely had his limitations but he was not a failure.  To think that you have to erase from you’re memory the clusterfuck we were on the 1st June 2015.  Given our position at that time, we would have struggled to entice a better candidate to take on the job.  And he did deliver the first season, winning the Championship and taking us to a Scottish Cup final were way above expectations.  Yes, he wasn’t good enough to take us on from there but he did a vital job in taking the first step in our recovery.  

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

he's had nothing out of the soft loans then? no shares or anything.................

Yes, he's got shares but if he was wanting to make money there's far better ways of investing your cash. 

Do you believe DK's only motive for investing in Rangers was to make money?

4 minutes ago, five stars said:

Yes, he's got shares but if he was wanting to make money there's far better ways of investing your cash. 

Do you believe DK's only motive for investing in Rangers was to make money?

i believe that when the time comes he'll want big money to sell up and that could cause us major issues in future.

So we have 10-15 million spunked on Pedro and backroom staff and his players 3 million he fucked of to Ashley in another Retail loss then there was more court costs then he signed us up to a retail deal SD can match forever now in January we have  court costs againt to Ashley as he broke another contract amount still to be determined.

We must measure success differently.

24 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Warburton definitely had his limitations but he was not a failure.  To think that you have to erase from you’re memory the clusterfuck we were on the 1st June 2015.  Given our position at that time, we would have struggled to entice a better candidate to take on the job.  And he did deliver the first season, winning the Championship and taking us to a Scottish Cup final were way above expectations.  Yes, he wasn’t good enough to take us on from there but he did a vital job in taking the first step in our recovery.  

Yes you did Mark. Pity about fucking off to England first sign that you realised weren't up to it.  Bring on those three subs.......all together now.

22 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

i believe that when the time comes he'll want big money to sell up and that could cause us major issues in future.

Kings openly admitted that Park and the other directors have invested heavily as well.

Its not unreasonable to think people who invest in shares expect to be paid fairly when the time comes, it’s why you have a share price when you’re listed. 

So long as we’re profitable in the near future which it sounds like we will be, I can’t see anyone being held to ransom

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Kings openly admitted that Park and the other directors have invested heavily as well.

Its not unreasonable to think people who invest in shares expect to be paid fairly when the time comes, it’s why you have a share price when you’re listed. 

So long as we’re profitable in the near future which it sounds like we will be, I can’t see anyone being held to ransom

agreed but investing in Scottish football isn't the most attractive unless your getting a good deal out of it. if no one buys at the price they want who knows what will happen. 

i think most people thought we were safe in the hands of Murray and that he would sell us to the right person. 

30 minutes ago, Smile said:

So we have 10-15 million spunked on Pedro and backroom staff and his players 3 million he fucked of to Ashley in another Retail loss then there was more court costs then he signed us up to a retail deal SD can match forever now in January we have  court costs againt to Ashley as he broke another contract amount still to be determined.

I think we do.

We are joint top of the league, in a cup final, still in the other cup, sitting 1 result away from being in Europe after xmas.

All this whilst being fairly low on debt, whilst our main rivals have had free run at the champions League for the best part of a decade.

Sure things can improve, but IMO they have done a pretty good job with the means at their advantage.

The team on the park is punching above its weight in terms of Europe.

celtic have a massive financial advantage over us, yet the club is neck and neck with them.

Some will say this is because if Stevie G and refuse to give the board credit, although they will probably blame the board for Murty and Pedro.

35 minutes ago, Smile said:

Sounds like you would be happier with the Easdales and co back at the helm.....you really are a moaning faced arse......100% perfection does not exist in the buisness world but its clearly what you seek.....if king hadn't got into power then I doubt very much that we would be discussing todays agm as we would have been screwed 10ft under.....we have a good level of foundation to build on after years of boardroom turmoil......be careful what you wish for as they say.

1 hour ago, Ibroxholm said:

He didn’t exactly spend a lot of money either. Most of his signings were for very small fees or on frees, Pedro on the other hand... best not to think about those days. 

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We are joint top of the league

If we were 1st on goal difference nobody would be saying we are “joint top”. Everyone would say we are top. Positive spins annoy me. 

10 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Sounds like you would be happier with the Easdales and co back at the helm.....you really are a moaning faced arse......100% perfection does not exist in the buisness world but its clearly what you seek.....if king hadn't got into power then I doubt very much that we would be discussing todays agm as we would have been screwed 10ft under.....we have a good level of foundation to build on after years of boardroom turmoil......be careful what you wish for as they say.

I'd be happier if King never got near Rangers and am happy to see him go after one monumental fuck up after another. I wont hide this is a good day for Rangers.

56 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

I agree with that, I also don’t think he spent that much money tbh, if we sell tav I’d imagine he’ll have change back to spare on what he spent in total, even selling windass for something in the region of 1.5/2m when we got him for buttons was decent business, let’s face it he maybe gave guys like keirnan a contract way above his worth but we were in the championship and no great players were signings for us then no matter how much we were willing to pay them.

Warbs biggest problem was he had a small club mentality, at big clubs by hook or by crook, you find a way to win even when your bad, fuck the performance! nobody cares as long as your winning. his stubbornness to find another way to play/setup to make sure you get the result was his undoing imo

21 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think we do.

We are joint top of the league, in a cup final, still in the other cup, sitting 1 result away from being in Europe after xmas.

All this whilst being fairly low on debt, whilst our main rivals have had free run at the champions League for the best part of a decade.

Sure things can improve, but IMO they have done a pretty good job with the means at their advantage.

The team on the park is punching above its weight in terms of Europe.

celtic have a massive financial advantage over us, yet the club is neck and neck with them.

Some will say this is because if Stevie G and refuse to give the board credit, although they will probably blame the board for Murty and Pedro.

Fairly low debt we showed an 11 million pound loss just there and have still to get the rest of the season over, plus we have an undetermined amount to Ashley for a contract King told us was great then he renege on it to pay in January. 

I think he was pushed after too many fuck ups that got us dragged through the courts and damaged the Rangers name.

12 minutes ago, OhW said:

If we were 1st on goal difference nobody would be saying we are “joint top”. Everyone would say we are top. Positive spins annoy me. 

I probably would to be honest.

I seriously doubt that we are going to match each others results exactly from now till the end of the season.

Goal difference means fuck all part way through the season.

If it was the final day of the season I would probably agree with you.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Fairly low debt we showed an 11 million pound loss just there and have still to get the rest of the season over, plus we have an undetermined amount to Ashley for a contract King told us was great then he renege on it to pay in January. 

I think he was pushed after too many fuck ups that got us dragged through the courts and damaged the Rangers name.

Loss does not equal debt though.

If they are covering the loss with investment, I'm happy enough.

In the summer we are likely to see Morelos and instantly make about £20m profit from that one transaction.

Like I say, Kings dealings with Ashley are a black mark on his overall successful legacy.

I don't really buy this thing about 'damaging the Rangers name' in court to be honest. Any damage done by that is superseded by pumping Porto in Europe IMO. We are a football club first and foremost.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Loss does not equal debt though.

If they are covering the loss with investment, I'm happy enough.

In the summer we are likely to see Morelos and instantly make about £20m profit from that one transaction.

Like I say, Kings dealings with Ashley are a black mark on his overall successful legacy.

I don't really buy this thing about 'damaging the Rangers name' in court to be honest. Any damage done by that is superseded by pumping Porto in Europe IMO. We are a football club first and foremost.

Look we are not going to agree on this so to me it's pointless.

Archived