A grim 8 years being a bear . And watching underachievers

eejay the dj

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Matters not a fuck how long we have been back. We have spent a fortune and haven't even won a league cup. 

It's disgraceful 

I don't see how the amount we've spent is relevant to trophies won tbh. 

If it was simply down to finances, then we shouldn't even be competing with celtic - considering their turnover and wage bill is massive in comparison to ours. 

People go mental when we don't beat team's like Aberdeen and Hearts because our wages and budget is huge compared to theirs, but also want us to beat celtic to trophies when their budget is huge compared to ours.

Weird logic.

2 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

1st season difficult to win anything..

This season aye he should win something.

Signing shocking??

Out of the amount he has brought in how many have been "shocking"??

Gareth Macaulay

Umar Sadiq

Ejaria

lafferty

grezda

Jones

hastie

barker

Ojo

Andy King

That’s just off the  top of my head.

12 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I don't see how the amount we've spent is relevant to trophies won tbh. 

If it was simply down to finances, then we shouldn't even be competing with celtic - considering their turnover and wage bill is massive in comparison to ours. 

People go mental when we don't beat team's like Aberdeen and Hearts because our wages and budget is huge compared to theirs, but also want us to beat celtic to trophies when their budget is huge compared to ours.

Weird logic.

Not weird logic at all. 

We play in a tin pot league with only 1 other team who are on our level. We have got to one cup final since we have been back which is laughable. 

Folk like to act like we should be happy to be where we are due to 2012. We made a cunt of getting back up too 

Not winning a trophy this year will just be as poor as every year since we have been back. That will be 2 failures under current management and ultimately doesn't cut it at this club. 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

8 years have passed . And  domestically ,we can surely count the crucial  big match victories on both hands .

Was thinking .Our records since we climbed back into the big time have been shocking

No trophies ,

4 to 6 away wins against our hated enemies  1 versus scum , a few, maybe 3 at Sheep land and a few away to Hivs . Loads of draws and defeats

Even at home . it's surely only about 4 to 6 big match wins  2 v scum , a few v Sheep and few versus Hivs

That for a club the size of Rangers , Is a complete disgrace

The one thing, I was used to being a bear of the older generation , my club performing in big matches , more often than not.

Under SG , we have the players, the money has been spent . There are just no excuses for it being so poor

Rangers no1 will probably correct me :whistle:

Considering where we were 8 years ago and the clusterfuck that Gerrard and his staff inherited after Warburton, Caixinha and Murty it's easy to see how much progress we've made under Gerrard as a team and a club. The man has brought back a lot of respectability for us all, sure he's made mistakes but under his tenure he will, imo, bring back success to the club. This season isn't over so let's see where are in May.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Not weird logic at all. 

We play in a tin pot league with only 1 other team who are on our level. We have got to one cup final since we have been back which is laughable. 

Folk like to act like we should be happy to be where we are due to 2012. We made a cunt of getting back up too 

Not winning a trophy this year will just be as poor as every year since we have been back. That will be 2 failures under current management and ultimately doesn't cut it at this club. 

Except they're not on our level though, financially, they're on another level to us completely. 

Complaining about not winning a trophy because of the money we've spent, when the team we're competing for trophies against has more money than us, is weird logic.

30 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Gareth Macaulay

Umar Sadiq

Ejaria

lafferty

grezda

Jones

hastie

barker

Ojo

Andy King

That’s just off the  top of my head.

And how many of them have cost us money? 1 i think Grezda.

Katic, Barisic, Kamara, Kent ,Aribo and potentially Hagi. We could make quite a healthy profit on considering what we have paid for them!

8 minutes ago, George McLean said:

Considering where we were 8 years ago and the clusterfuck that Gerrard and his staff inherited after Warburton, Caixinha and Murty it's easy to see how much progress we've made under Gerrard as a team and a club. The man has brought back a lot of respectability for us all, sure he's made mistakes but under his tenure he will, imo, bring back success to the club. This season isn't over so let's see where are in May.

Of course it’s let’s where we are in May 

No one is saying sack him .He deserves criticism  though 

I will say this .The Ojo thing is about not upsetting Liverpool .I don’t believe it’s about the money .He shouldn’t be playing for Rangers .End of 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mcinnes out thinks Gerrard.

He got his tactics spot on again today.

Seasoned campaigner who loses his best players at the start of every season.

Good manager. No more, no less. Shouldn’t be getting anything at ibrox with any Aberdeen side

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Well at least we have that if we don’t win any trophies..

Want a hand with those goalposts? You’re having a hissy fit about poor signings who cost fuck all, while ignoring brilliant ones who will make us a fortune. Can’t have it both ways

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Polster and Stewart too

Macaulay, Sadiq, Grezda, Lafferty and King i would agree are shocking.

Ejaria fucked it and didn't want to be here, so not Gerrards fault.

Harsh on Hastie considering the season he had at Motherwell and he was signed on future potential.

Jones looked good before his injury and as much as i don't like Ojo, him and Jones have both played their part in getting us to the Europa league knockouts. 

Polster and Stewart are decent squad players.

Mostly decent signings imo.

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

And how many of them have cost us money? 1 i think Grezda.

Katic, Barisic, Kamara, Kent ,Aribo and potentially Hagi. We could make quite a healthy profit on considering what we have paid for them!

Hagi has played 15 minutes and isn’t even our player :lol:

They all cost us money as we paid their wages for doing absolutely fuck all.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

8 years have passed . And  domestically ,we can surely count the crucial  big match victories on both hands .

Was thinking .Our records since we climbed back into the big time have been shocking

No trophies ,

4 to 6 away wins against our hated enemies  1 versus scum , a few, maybe 3 at Sheep land and a few away to Hivs . Loads of draws and defeats

Even at home . it's surely only about 4 to 6 big match wins  2 v scum , a few v Sheep and few versus Hivs

That for a club the size of Rangers , Is a complete disgrace

The one thing, I was used to being a bear of the older generation , my club performing in big matches , more often than not.

Under SG , we have the players, the money has been spent . There are just no excuses for it being so poor

Rangers no1 will probably correct me :whistle:

My boy is 9. We go home and away and im sure there are times he humours my antics as to me we should be up there with the cream of europe, to him (and he knows his football history etc) we are a constant let down,  half the time im so ragin as i want him to experience what i did winning leagues/cups etc.

I fuckin hate these frauds at times like this  

6 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Want a hand with those goalposts? You’re having a hissy fit about poor signings who cost fuck all, while ignoring brilliant ones who will make us a fortune. Can’t have it both ways

Ok.

We signed a handful of wingers at start of season when, according to our assistant manager we don’t play with wingers.

any explanation to that?

We brought in a goalscoring midfielder from Charlton and decided to play him as a right sided number 10.

any explanation to that?

24 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Not weird logic at all. 

Thats our problem mate, we are as a tin pot as the rest tbh 

7 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Macaulay, Sadiq, Grezda, Lafferty and King i would agree are shocking.

Ejaria fucked it and didn't want to be here, so not Gerrards fault.

Harsh on Hastie considering the season he had at Motherwell and he was signed on future potential.

Jones looked good before his injury and as much as i don't like Ojo, him and Jones have both played their part in getting us to the Europa league knockouts. 

Polster and Stewart are decent squad players.

Mostly decent signings imo.

Almost to a man last season we all said we needed creativity, a playmaker/CAM etc and we’re in February the season after with the same team bar a left sided midfielder at right of forward 3.

That’s after what, 7/8 signings in the summer.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Ok.

We signed a handful of wingers at start of season when, according to our assistant manager we don’t play with wingers.

any explanation to that?

I imagine the plan was to adapt them into a system where they would play as something very close to wingers, requiring all the same attributes as wingers, but technically not wingers.

You know as well as I do that we were playing some fantastic stuff the first half of the season, and that our first team is better than theirs. Something has gone wrong this month but there’s still time to fix it. I really don’t think pulling everything apart from top to bottom is helpful at this stage, but I more than understand the frustration.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Almost to a man last season we all said we needed creativity, a playmaker/CAM etc and we’re in February the season after with the same team bar a left sided midfielder at right of forward 3.

That’s after what, 7/8 signings in the summer.

We also said we needed a stronger bench, which we do have when everyone's fit and available tbh.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

I imagine the plan was to adapt them into a system where they would play as something very close to wingers, requiring all the same attributes as wingers, but technically not wingers.

You know as well as I do that we were playing some fantastic stuff the first half of the season, and that our first team is better than theirs. Something has gone wrong this month but there’s still time to fix it. I really don’t think pulling everything apart from top to bottom is helpful at this stage, but I more than understand the frustration.

A number 10 requires almost a completely different set of skills to a winger ffs.

Again, everyone can say our team is better than theirs yet they’re sitting with thr first trophy of season and are likely to be 7 points ahead this time tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hagi has played 15 minutes and isn’t even our player :lol:

They all cost us money as we paid their wages for doing absolutely fuck all.

Ano, we have option to buy.

How many of them why they signed did u think thats a bad signing? Lafferty and Barker?

And how many of the ones that you mentioned will be at the club next season? 1 Hastie!

He realised they were shite n got rid of them all

This year signings in my eyes..

Barker - 2

Hastie - 2

Ojo - 5

Jones - 5

Stewart - 6

Polster - 6.5

Helander - 7 (when fit)

Aribo - 7

Kent - 7 (but for the price I expect 8+)

Kamberi - TBD

I truly believe we will build a team around Hagi and by the summer we will think 5m is a steal when we apply the option.

So all in all, not great but not horrific.

Archived