A grim 8 years being a bear . And watching underachievers

eejay the dj

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Show me where i said anything like that second sentence you wrote there fuckwit.

You have also made an assumption that hes a player , but in your world thats ok.

Its an opinion just like you have one and i have already said twice hopefully I am wrong and he turns out to be a player.

To many fuckwits like you on here hyping up shite just because we sign them.

Gerrards signings up until now have been fuckin appalling and if it was any other manager this forum would have been full of threads calling on him to be fired......

Do you really hope that? Really?

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Yes but you can't lump the failings of one on to another. 

Well I didn’t, but if you thought I only meant the current one then what can I do about that. Point still stands that whatever DOF we have Stevie has the final say and he has said ok to a rather large amount of dross. 

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You must sit in a quiet part of Ibrox mate. 
The grumbling around me is getting louder and far more  vitriolic. 

I've not heard anyone around me asking if i think Gerrards job is on the line or say the league's over and I've certainly not heard anyone saying Gerrard should "be more like a lennon" when discussing tactics.

You'll get the usual people screaming at players or moaning about the wrong sub/tactics and going mental after a poor result, which is understandable. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You must sit in a quiet part of Ibrox mate. 
The grumbling around me is getting louder and far more  vitriolic. 

Bad result again on wednesday will see gerrard crumble, if he continues to shoehorn the likes of ojo inot our matchday squad of 18, then imo, the name gerrard means fk all or not, you get what you deserve if you continue to go against the grain.

If ojo comes near that pitch and we are sitting nil nil, I exspect huge uproar that loud the media take hold of it.

On 01/02/2020 at 19:59, eejay the dj said:

8 years have passed . And  domestically ,we can surely count the crucial  big match victories on both hands .

Was thinking .Our records since we climbed back into the big time have been shocking

No trophies ,

4 to 6 away wins against our hated enemies  1 versus scum , a few, maybe 3 at Sheep land and a few away to Hivs . Loads of draws and defeats

Even at home . it's surely only about 4 to 6 big match wins  2 v scum , a few v Sheep and few versus Hivs

That for a club the size of Rangers , Is a complete disgrace

The one thing, I was used to being a bear of the older generation , my club performing in big matches , more often than not.

Under SG , we have the players, the money has been spent . There are just no excuses for it being so poor

Rangers no1 will probably correct me :whistle:

Do we really?  I think we've bought well in our budget but we lack real top level quality which sadly the mankies have or at least their players are generally (not all) better than ours.  SG is a rookie and at times it shows.  Like you I well remember the glory days but they feel a long time ago.

On 01/02/2020 at 19:59, eejay the dj said:

8 years have passed . And  domestically ,we can surely count the crucial  big match victories on both hands .

Was thinking .Our records since we climbed back into the big time have been shocking

No trophies ,

4 to 6 away wins against our hated enemies  1 versus scum , a few, maybe 3 at Sheep land and a few away to Hivs . Loads of draws and defeats

Even at home . it's surely only about 4 to 6 big match wins  2 v scum , a few v Sheep and few versus Hivs

That for a club the size of Rangers , Is a complete disgrace

The one thing, I was used to being a bear of the older generation , my club performing in big matches , more often than not.

Under SG , we have the players, the money has been spent . There are just no excuses for it being so poor

Rangers no1 will probably correct me :whistle:

Been a fan since the early 70's and I thought I'd seen some grim sides but ffs, the amount of dross that went through the doors as we scaled the leagues was a real eye opener.  Every single one was chucking money down the drain, money we couldn't afford to waste.

I thought we went about it wrong from the start.  We should have signed a load of promising younger players from around Scotland then developed them as we progressed through the leagues, adding a bit of quality each season but trying to save some money for when we hit the top league then aim to add some real quality where it was needed.  Despite being in the lower leagues we'd still have been a bigger draw than the rest for young, talented players looking for a real chance of first team football. 

Instead McCoist swaggered around like we still had multi-millions in the bank, flashing the cheque book  and throwing stupid wages at journeymen players all in an effort to look big time. The losses were adding up and we hit the big league in debt and making losses.  The chancers on the board didn't help to be fair but the football side was a mess.

We could have arrived with not only players we developed but a real team that developed and learnt how to win together that only needed some real quality in a few positions.  What followed from McCoists failure was a series of knee jerk managerial appointments that compounded the problems we had when we got back to the top division.

Gerrard has made a huge amount of signings, some hit and some miss but I don't understand him signing players who have potential two or three years down the line when stopping 9 or 10 is a priority now.

On 01/02/2020 at 15:31, berkshirebear said:

Its a amazing where we are tbh, after we have clearly been the victims of a massive conspiracy to destroy the club... 

And we still rise ! and the cry was still NO SURRENDER !  they and many did everything to destroy this club and we over came it ! 

Archived