SG POST MATCH REACTION

qwerty

I've never had a problem with any of his post match comments, you can tell he is hurting which I want to see but fuck me he continues to pick the same off form players and the same predictable set up which has not been working week after week. Change it for fuck sake.  

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, frenv said:

I don't see how him publically saying that he needs Helander back pronto is supposed to help our defense - the reality is that he has Goldson, Katic and Edmunson available, and the latter two he's dropped after playing poorly.

What it does is take the focus off a manager who is reluctant to move away from his favoured formation.  

If we are more of a threat up front, teams are much more cautious about coming at us. Not the case just now.  St johnstone ffs

Went off Gerrard a bit when he last threw Katic under a bus. I have now went off him big time in his refusal to take any responsibility for throwing away this league, serving up the same shite with the same shite players to the same shite system week after week.

He doesn't learn and if he goes, he won't be missed and he can take all his shite spineless blue eyes to fuck with him. 

It would be lunacy for Gerrard not to be given another season.  We can’t afford to get rid of him now and start another rebuild nor would I want to.  It’s easy to sit with hind sight and say he shouldn’t have changed it when we were 1-2 but probably wasn’t the best idea when we seemed to be in control.   Personally I would have liked to see him start the game with the 2nd half line up or at least Kamberi up top as the 9 as he seems to be the sharpest and most  in form of our forward players. 

Strange he doesn’t see it as the majority of the fans do. 

24 minutes ago, RowX said:

It would be lunacy for Gerrard not to be given another season.  We can’t afford to get rid of him now and start another rebuild nor would I want to.  It’s easy to sit with hind sight and say he shouldn’t have changed it when we were 1-2 but probably wasn’t the best idea when we seemed to be in control.   Personally I would have liked to see him start the game with the 2nd half line up or at least Kamberi up top as the 9 as he seems to be the sharpest and most  in form of our forward players. 

Strange he doesn’t see it as the majority of the fans do. 

Questions should be getting asked of his position. I've been one of his biggest defenders on here. 

But he's now overseen back to back collapses after the new year. 10 points dropped in a matter of weeks,  gift wrapping another title to the taigs. 

As a Rangers manger the league is first and foremost his priority and he's failing. 

We can't keep blindly hoping that he'll magically find the right formula when he stubbornly sticks to a system and personnel that hasn't been working. 

If he finishes double figures behind the taigs and trophyless. The support will turn on him big time. 

9 minutes ago, RowX said:

It would be lunacy for Gerrard not to be given another season.  We can’t afford to get rid of him now and start another rebuild nor would I want to

I posted this link in the other thread aswell. 

We gave him and his backroom staff a contract extension in December.  Folk talking about "giving him another season" is utterly pointless. 

Unless HE DECIDES he wants to leave, he's here till 2024. We don't have a say in it. 

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/steven-gerrard-signs-new-contract/

2 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

We gave him and his backroom staff a contract extension in December.  Folk talking about "giving him another season" is utterly pointless. 

Unless HE DECIDES he wants to leave, he's here till 2024. We don't have a say in it. 

We will when the ST sales plummet after watching this shite.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

We will when the ST sales plummet after watching this shite.

Ultimately all the board can do is apply pressure. 

It'll go 1 of 2 ways, SG gets the message, makes the changes and it starts to fall into place.... Or he gets pissed off with the board and leaves meaning we don't need to pay the costs. 

SG will stay unless he is forced  out.   

We need to get this 10 in a row out of our mindset.   Yes nobody wants it but it is not the single determinant if whether Gerrard is the man for the job.  If they were on 5 or 6 air then the same pressure wouldn’t be there.

We are not going to suddenly bring in a proven top class manager with £50 million to spend.

The summer window will be critical though.   We need to bring in 5 or 6 players who can improve the squad and clear out 5 or 6 who don’t deliver on a consistent basis.    And we need Gerrard and the coaching staff showing that they can improve the performances of those that are here at the start of next season.

Easier said than done but that is the challenge facing Gerrard.   

7 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

The support will always have a say in it. 

Especially when season ticket renewal time comes up. We have some of the most loyal fans in the world.

But if we end this season trophy less and double figures behind the taigs.  Our support will demand action from the board.  It would be the same for any Rangers manager. 

We are in a catch 22 here. We likely don't have the finances to move him on. But can we really keep throwing money at a management team failing so badly domestically. 

4 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

SG will stay unless he is forced  out.   

We need to get this 10 in a row out of our mindset.   Yes nobody wants it but it is not the single determinant if whether Gerrard is the man for the job.  If they were on 5 or 6 air then the same pressure wouldn’t be there.

We are not going to suddenly bring in a proven top class manager with £50 million to spend.

The summer window will be critical though.   We need to bring in 5 or 6 players who can improve the squad and clear out 5 or 6 who don’t deliver on a consistent basis.    And we need Gerrard and the coaching staff showing that they can improve the performances of those that are here at the start of next season.

Easier said than done but that is the challenge facing Gerrard.   

Oh, no doubt Stevie will bring in another twenty players no problem, but will he drop Tav, Goldson and the rest of his blue eyes?!

I rest my case.

2 hours ago, cooper007 said:

2 mistakes by our defence otherwise we would be saying it was a good second half performance on a poor pitch.

2 occasions where their defence didn’t cover up & they’d be saying the same.

What’s your point?

2 hours ago, Mcloy_72 said:

Get a grip we have one of the best young managers in football at the minute,proven by his European record and how much he has improved us.

Are you kidding on, he's spent the best part of 20mill, brought in a total of 28 players between loans and permanent signings, Mike fucking Bassett could have improved us with that 

Fact is he has now lost 5 domestic trophies out of 6, and probably the 6th by next Saturday, now had he lost them all to the tarriers then maybe it can be forgiven, but the sheep twice, and likely hearts this weekend, thats a disgraceful stat

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Oh, no doubt Stevie will bring in another twenty players no problem, but will he drop Tav, Goldson and the rest of his blue eyes?!

I rest my case.

£7m on no league assist in a year Kent - I wouldn’t trust him to spend the money!

18 minutes ago, bazza010 said:

feel sorry for gerrard and co but he has to be winning run of the mill spl games against shite and if players aint up to it get them to fuck

He is here for next season .That is the end of the matter for me 

No matter what .No point in anyone moaning about it 
Yet his domestic record for Rangers isn’t nearly good enough against 5 or 6 of the sides in our league 

If he keeps what I regard as the losers .The guys that have plagued us last few years .Then we won’t be winning anything next season either 

We need 11 winners and a winning captain out on that pitch 

I would suggest ,we are lucky if we have about 3 at this moment 

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I rest my case.

He doesn’t need 20 players.  He needs 5 or 6 who will make a difference.   

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I have no problem if Gerrard throws players under the bus. He gives lots of praise when it is merited.

Spot on.

I used to think he was too vocal,  now I think he’s not vocal enough.

Time and time again the players keeps fucking it up in the league. 
Time and time again we keep excelling in Europe.

After  storming back v Braga they should have absolutely annihilated that mob today. 
People question Gerrard’s managerial ability yet he’s doing phenomenally well against far better teams in the EL.

Yet we can’t put SPL shite to the sword. That tells me it’s the players who aren’t up to it, not the management.

didn't see anything wrong with subs today (although I’m not a fan of making two at the one time). The players on the pitch should have been good enough to see that game out, regardless of formation. 

They deserve public roasting.

i only saw the 2nd half today so I was spared the 1st half comedy show but on those 45 mins alone Katic should be warming the bench for the rest of the season: he was fucking abysmal....

1 hour ago, butthole said:

I've never had a problem with any of his post match comments, you can tell he is hurting which I want to see but fuck me he continues to pick the same off form players and the same predictable set up which has not been working week after week. Change it for fuck sake.  

Question is, who does he play then?

I’d have played  Kamberi from the start, and possibly Stewart.

The rest pretty much picks itself.  We have no strength in depth, especially with experienced players out injured.

2 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

It's not just today though is it , been poor since coming back in January. I'd love to know why.

True - but today was the best performance since the break. 

I'm sure we would all like to know why our performance has dipped. 

13 minutes ago, beararse said:

Spot on.

I used to think he was too vocal,  now I think he’s not vocal enough.

Time and time again the players keeps fucking it up in the league. 
Time and time again we keep excelling in Europe.

After  storming back v Braga they should have absolutely annihilated that mob today. 
People question Gerrard’s managerial ability yet he’s doing phenomenally well against far better teams in the EL.

Yet we can’t put SPL shite to the sword. That tells me it’s the players who aren’t up to it, not the management.

didn't see anything wrong with subs today (although I’m not a fan of making two at the one time). The players on the pitch should have been good enough to see that game out, regardless of formation. 

They deserve public roasting.

i only saw the 2nd half today so I was spared the 1st half comedy show but on those 45 mins alone Katic should be warming the bench for the rest of the season: he was fucking abysmal....

Our european opponents play a massively more open game than the league ones do, its up to gerrard to beat that and since winter he hasnt

Archived