Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

17 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Good. Like to see how we do without him in the side. Give Katic and Helander a run of 8-10 games.

One source I have for this is one of my mates is Tommy Smith who retired from football a few years ago, having played for Watford, Derby, Sunderland, Pompey, QPR, Cardiff, Brentford - and almost Rangers! 

He's obviously still in contact with many people in football and he was messaging me the other night about Goldson moving back to England as he had been told Goldson had mentioned it to the club that he wanted to head back south. 

It came as no surprise to me as I know Goldson has been quite critical of the set up etc. in Scotland. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Rumours of interest from leeds and west ham at £6m. 

I don't think any of our back line is irreplaceable.  If he goes we need a more dominant CB. Someone that can handle opposition strikers and organize our defence. 

I’d be looking at more than 6m tbh that’s chicken feed to clubs down south, 8m would be good business imo 

15 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I’d be looking at more than 6m tbh that’s chicken feed to clubs down south, 8m would be good business imo 

£6m with add ons will be far more realistic in this summers market. Reinvest that money on a RW and a ST.

I have always rated Scott Dann at Crystal Palace. V good centre back who is dominant in the air and reads the game well. 33 years old now but is out of contract in June & could be worth a gamble. Move on Goldson for £6m, sign Dann on a Bosman and reinvest the £6m in other areas of the team.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I hate that line up, again relying on your fullbacks to attack, replace the CM with another FC uo front, play kent wide left and start with aribo wide right until we get a proper right winger

Teams in scotland are happy to sit deep and double team our only striker in the box, we rely on them making a mistake or a set piece for the opening goal which opens them up

Ita shitty scottish football, lets get two up front 3 attacking mids and have one guy clearing up, the fullbacks should be supporting the wide mids not replacing them as an attacking option

Fair point. Think that will be how Gerrard plays it, unless Hagi is our RW...

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Put Katic without thinking, forgot about Helander!

For me, it is Helander & Edmundson all day long but that is a thread that constantly divides our support.I actually think we have 4 decent centre halfs without anyone of them being spectacular.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

For me, it is Helander & Edmundson all day long but that is a thread that constantly divides our support.I actually think we have 4 decent centre halfs without anyone of them being spectacular.

Goldson and Helander for me. 

Think big Edmundson is the worst of the lot, although there’s not much in it. 

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

My uncle is a St Mirren fan and is convinced he’s already signed a deal

I think so too. He's talking about loving life in Glasgow and says SPL or English championship is where he'll play.

Hope weve got in ahead of the scum, looks like they're losing Forster and Gordon out of contracts the now.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

£6m with add ons will be far more realistic in this summers market. Reinvest that money on a RW and a ST.

I’d rather we reinvest any Goldson money on the defence and preferably move on Tav aswell, id be looking at moving on Kamara and other fringe players to fund other areas 

25 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Goldson and Helander for me. 

Think big Edmundson is the worst of the lot, although there’s not much in it. 

Ha! And I think he could (potentially) be the best of the bunch so there you go.

Don't give a fuck who it is, as long as we win mate.

58 minutes ago, The Blues said:

Get Lewis in....he has Rangers pedigree through his veins.....good long term signing with plenty of advisory from Uncle Barry

Too similar to what we already have and Uncle Barry is a bare arse of a man. 

French paper are linking us to Kiki Kouyate from Troyes in Ligue 2. He's a 23 year old centre back valued at £4.5m and was in the Ligue 2 team of the season. They say the scum are more interested in him than us, along with Lens, Schalke and Frankfurt. 

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I hate that line up, again relying on your fullbacks to attack, replace the CM with another FC uo front, play kent wide left and start with aribo wide right until we get a proper right winger

Teams in scotland are happy to sit deep and double team our only striker in the box, we rely on them making a mistake or a set piece for the opening goal which opens them up

Ita shitty scottish football, lets get two up front 3 attacking mids and have one guy clearing up, the fullbacks should be supporting the wide mids not replacing them as an attacking option

I’m almost lost for words that you’re advocating Aribo at right wing..

Aribo on right and Kent on left.

It’s almost like this season didn’t happen.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m almost lost for words that you’re advocating Aribo at right wing..

Aribo on right and Kent on left.

It’s almost like this season didn’t happen.

His best games came from the right tbf, doesn’t exactly mean much though

Just now, PizzaOverPrinters said:

His best games came from the right tbf, doesn’t exactly mean much though

Hibs and Tarriers. Absolutely awful the rest. Petrified that he’s going to get hit from behind..

We’ll deserve all we’ll get if he plays there.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hibs and Tarriers. Absolutely awful the rest. Petrified that he’s going to get hit from behind..

We’ll deserve all we’ll get if he plays there.

I don’t disagree, but in Gerrard’s team he plays far to deep at central mid to be very good.

1 minute ago, PizzaOverPrinters said:

I don’t disagree, but in Gerrard’s team he plays far to deep at central mid to be very good.

Gerrard has no idea what to do with him. 

ironically two of his best cameos came at left back.

Archived