Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Allen and Gerrard said the same thing last summer and look what happened more quantity. 

We need Wilson and Gerrard to follow thorough with that quality this summer. Hagi is a start but more needed. 

Think Wilson and Allen are too very different propositions.

Gerrard let Allen run with Jones, Baker etc I don’t think we will end up with shite like that again.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

We only have one player that has any real CDM  experience and that's Polster. No really seen him in there so canny judge whether he is up to the job.

Regardless I  would like to see us sign  someone who can really impose themselves on that area of the park and be the guvnor, preferably captain too.

Got to no just be a midfield enforcer too, has to have the technical ability and passing  to run the game . 

Min. 6'2" to protect the CBs as and when required 

Would push the boat out to secure someone with experience 

Don't think 6'2 is a necessity, a couple of Stuart McCall, Barry Ferguson type players is exactly what wee need imo. 

45 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Tavs shite, Morelos is shite every season after Christmas and Barisic is a shitebag I’d get rid of the three of them if the money is right.

6ED0872F-9FE9-411C-BDE0-3559A8031CE8.jpeg

1 minute ago, southcoastbear said:

They never played in this system the gaffer appears obsessed with 

They could still do what is required ...tackle and pass 

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Wilson said quality over quantity, Scott Allen won’t be making a move to us.

We heard that last season tbf and look at the shite we signed, not one signing from last summer improved us, only Aribo has potential to be a player for us, the rest utter shite. 

1 hour ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Tavs shite, Morelos is shite every season after Christmas and Barisic is a shitebag I’d get rid of the three of them if the money is right.

Your last 3 words there will be the reason them 3 stay on until the January window at the earliest. There won't be that level of money to spend this summer in Europe.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Your last 3 words there will be the reason them 3 stay on until the January window at the earliest. There won't be that level of money to spend this summer in Europe.

Agree , but I would think the whole team's performances domestically since the new year will probably contribute to this as well

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Arfield isn’t good enough and the Jury is still out on Aribo.

These players, as a team, have had two seasons now and no trophy and miles off the tarriers in league.

Quality in middle to front is required.

This 10000000%

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Kamara has looked fantastic for us in Europe tbh because, as you say, it's a different type of game. He can then have time to pass, hold the ball and basically just think.

He doesn't really get that luxury in Scotland.

That's why him and Hemdani are very similar for us. Good in Europe, not so good in the SPL - for the same sort of reasons.

The thing is he does get time in Scotland cos most teams sit off,I like kamara for Europe but if we get offer for £4m etc I would sell 

26 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

The thing is he does get time in Scotland cos most teams sit off,I like kamara for Europe but if we get offer for £4m etc I would sell 

True but in them games, when the teams sit off, it becomes a neccesity to have as many creative players as possible - Gerrard sometimes plays fucking 3 of them in defensive roles. 

In Europe, there's the time element that suits Kamara but they don't really sit off either. The games are more open.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

True but in them games, when the teams sit off, it becomes a neccesity to have as many creative players as possible - Gerrard sometimes plays fucking 3 of them. 

In Europe, there's the time element that suits Kamara but they don't really sit off either. The games are more open.

I know tbh we don’t even need one sitting midfielder for most games in league and if gerrard keeps persisting with 2 sitting players then he won’t be in a job long.

hopefully he’s learned his lesson.

2 midfielders of genuine quality are required in summer.

If they all stay then davis,kamara and afield need to be squad players next season.

4 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Think Wilson and Allen are too very different propositions.

Gerrard let Allen run with Jones, Baker etc I don’t think we will end up with shite like that again.

Hopefully wilson will have a better class of target in place. 

Reserving judgement until we see the team come start of the season. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Hopefully wilson will have a better class of target in place. 

Reserving judgement until we see the team come start of the season. 

Initial impressions is I think Ross Wilson seems a lot more ambitious out of the two. Allen seemed quite conservative and far too pragmatic.

I've got doubts about Wilson too tho.

Just need to wait and see - big season for all so many at our club coming up tbh.

1 hour ago, southcoastbear said:

Apparently Gerrard is a fan of this Tapia lad from Feyenoord,  fingers crossed as he had a good game against us 

Dunno if we need someone with more experience tbh 

Perfect type of signing. Good age, good pedigree and free. Far better option than other midfielders we have currently.

14 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Perfect type of signing. Good age, good pedigree and free. Far better option than other midfielders we have currently.

Seen a video of him and he looks pretty similar in style to what we have though, that would be my reservations about him and he’s only started 30% of Feyenoord games last season, looks like a more robust version of Kamara in style imo 

17 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Initial impressions is I think Ross Wilson seems a lot more ambitious out of the two. Allen seemed quite conservative and far too pragmatic.

I've got doubts about Wilson too tho.

Just need to wait and see - big season for all so many at our club coming up tbh.

As you say mate just have to wait. 

We can't afford a repeat of last summer. We were told quality over quantity then as well.  Yet it was another batch of sqaud players that didn't improve us. 

Wilson has to be looking at guys who go straight into the first team. Players that are major improvements on what we have. 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Seen a video of him and he looks pretty similar in style to what we have though, that would be my reservations about him and he’s only started 30% of Feyenoord games last season, looks like a more robust version of Kamara in style imo 

Which is exactly Kamara's major problem , who's ever heard of a CDM that's no an effective ball winner 

Archived