Welcome Calvin Bassey

1 hour ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Happy about this. Far better option/prospect than Hailliday and Flan at Left Back who were never nautral left backs. He can challenge Borna. 20 years old, built like a tank and will be on relatively low wages. Leicester fans rate him. 4 year deal. Happy days. 

How you know he’s a better option than Halliday or Flanagan ? 

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Well I think I've read enough :lol:

Well me watching 45 minutes of him playing literally makes me the most knowledgeable person on this entire forum in relation to his abilities so I'm afraid I outrank you on this one mate

Also saying he played worse than Halliday in one match isn't the same as saying he is going to be shit. It's saying he played worse than halliday in the game I watched

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Well me watching 45 minutes of him playing literally makes me the most knowledgeable person on this entire forum in relation to his abilities so I'm afraid I outrank you on this one mate

Also saying he played worse than Halliday in one match isn't the same as saying he is going to be shit. It's saying he played worse than halliday in the game I watched

By the sounds of it, you've seen more of him in action than the rest of the forum put together.

OK it's only 45-minutes, but I bet you anything if he was absolute class in that 45-minutes people would listen and think shit-hot, but when it's 45-minutes he wasn't good, you're not allowed to have an opinion. Strange.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

By the sounds of it, you've seen more of him in action than the rest of the forum put together.

OK it's only 45-minutes, but I bet you anything if he was absolute class in that 45-minutes people would listen and think shit-hot, but when it's 45-minutes he wasn't good, you're not allowed to have an opinion. Strange.

Here and FF is literally filled with people saying "fantastic signing, absolutely buzzing for this" when the only thing they even know about him is his name (and even that isn't 100% clear).

People will say that no matter who is signed

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I'm just winding you up mate I'm not really expecting much from him at all. A young player with no 1st team experience and plays in a position we're already strong in so I don't expect to see much of him at all.

Just now, Broxi said:

Here and FF is literally filled with people saying "fantastic signing, absolutely buzzing for this" when the only thing they even know about him is his name (and even that isn't 100% clear).

People will say that no matter who is signed

You're always gonna get them cunts tbh. 

Could appoint Aiden McGeady as our head of youth development and you'll get them saying great move by the club and laying down xyz reasons why. 

That said, them same people will say there's some folk that just moan about everything - which is also true.

This kid, he might be a bumper, he might not be. I'm not sure he will be but could easily be wrong. I just don't think Gerrard and the club are ones to learn from their mistakes, including in the transfer market. It's a trust thing I suppose. 

But we need to get a sense of perspective too about it - he's a back-up left-back. Barisic is still our left-back. Who I like and rate highly.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Replacing the first choice Croatian LB, with a 20 year old who has never played a first team game seems like a really sensible move

Saves his arse time and time again , I couldn’t care if he’s won the World Cup with Croatia , he’s been a shit the bed in our jersey apart from 3 months 

if this lad was turning in the exact same performances but he was the Macedonian left back he’d get dogs abuse 

Just now, British_Empire said:

You're always gonna get them cunts tbh. 

Could appoint Aiden McGeady as our head of youth development and you'll get them saying great move by the club and laying down xyz reasons why. 

That said, them same people will say there's some folk that just moan about everything - which is also true.

This kid, he might be a bumper, he might not be. I'm not sure he will be but could easily be wrong. I just don't think Gerrard and the club are ones to learn from their mistakes, including in the transfer market. It's a trust thing I suppose. 

But we need to get a sense of perspective too about it - he's a back-up left-back. Barisic is still our left-back. Who I like and rate highly.

I like to think of myself as a realist, not a pessimist or an optimist. If you go back to the Hagi thread before he signed I was one of the most positive on the transfer, posting a lot in defence of other criticisms. 

I honestly don't think anybody would watch the video I watched and say they are buzzing about the signing. But yes it is only one match. Heck you could watch multiple matches of Morelos on a bad day and think Christ you would pay not to sign him. You could watch 4 months of Barisic and he'd look awful. I'm just saying it would have been more reassuring if he looked good. 

But agree with everything you're saying

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Traditionally the best centre back at a club wears number 5, not 6.

As a football fan, I'm embarrassed I had to explain that to you. 

Franco Baresi wore number 6  Bobby Moore wore number 6  Rudi Krol number 6 

Our own Terry Butcher wore mostly Number 6.  Alan Hansen number 6 Tony Adams number 6  

i don’t think the number means much  at all  for gods sake our own Arthur Numan wore number 5 for club and country and played left back !

18 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

How you know he’s a better option than Halliday or Flanagan ? 

Well. He's actually a left back. One was a left midfielder/winger most of his career and the other was a right footed right back. Just my humble opinion and experience from youth football but playing in your natural position from a young age is when you feel more comfortable. Plus he's young and can be an understudy to Borna. The other two were older.

Didn’t think it be the season to still bring in “give it a bash” signings , but hopefully it works out , does it make sense getting rid of Halliday to bring in a young very inexperienced lad? I don’t think it does but be delighted to be proved wrong 

6 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Franco Baresi wore number 6  Bobby Moore wore number 6  Rudi Krol number 6 

Our own Terry Butcher wore mostly Number 6.  Alan Hansen number 6 Tony Adams number 6  

i don’t think the number means much  at all  for gods sake our own Arthur Numan wore number 5 for club and country and played left back !

I'll raise you Cannavero, Beckenbauer, and Puyol. 

Would throw in Zidane too, but under my own rules that would be cheating. 

15 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Didn’t think it be the season to still bring in “give it a bash” signings , but hopefully it works out , does it make sense getting rid of Halliday to bring in a young very inexperienced lad? I don’t think it does but be delighted to be proved wrong 

It's one thing bringing in a young lad to replace Halliday on the park, but will he be as staunch as Gerrard wanted  Halliday to be in the dressing room when the squad are singing the Billy Boys ?

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Welcome to the greatest club in the world young man. 👍👍🇬🇧🇬🇧

Fucking hate players with “Ian Wright Syndrome”

The word is THOUGHT, not FOUGHT FFS!

T fucking H, TH not fucking F

Stopped listening at “I fought highly of...”

Pedantic loyal

:raging:

Archived