Welcome Calvin Bassey

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Hopefully our new lb and we can get rid of borna.

Why

I certainly don't want to replace Borna with a 20 year old nobody has heard. He didn't even seem that highly rated by Leicester fans based on a quick forum read. 

14 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Not the most inspiring transfer. Never heard of him, nothing about him online. Had a look at the Leicester forum who have saw the news and they seemed to not really know much about him either. Seems to be just some guy in the youth team who hasn't been near the first team. 

Seems to be more commonly known as Calvin Ughelumba normally. 

Just one of these ones you'll have to hope that Ross Wilson has pulled off a masterstroke but I'm not expecting him to come here and light the league up

Leicester have Ben Chilwell at lb ffs 

7 minutes ago, shaka said:

Hopefully he's an upgrade on Flanagan and Halliday.  Barisic is the best left back in the league but whenever he wasn't available there was a huge drop in quality this season regardless of who played.

Never heard of this guy but trust Ross Wilson to have scouted him thoroughly and know what he can add to the squad.

If he's not better than Halliday and Flanagan he should just retire now. Can you even call yourself a footballer if you're worse than those 2?

30 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Just read on the official website there he is eligible to play for Nigeria and England. 

However under British football rules that also must mean he could choose Scotland or Wales or NI too ?

Just saying, cos I don't want any potential signing playing for those kilt wearing cunts if he has a choice. 

If he’s a star I hope he picks England rather than Nigeria. Would rather not have any of our players missing for ACON.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Hopefully our new lb and we can get rid of borna.

Trolling, or do you genuinely think we should get rid of "borna" 

I suspect the former. Strongly. 

Feel free to give reasons....... or not......

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Trolling, or do you genuinely think we should get rid of "borna" 

I suspect the former. Strongly. 

If we got offered decent money I'd sell him no bother. 

He's clearly talented but he's had 2 or 3 decent months in 2 seasons.  

Happy about this. Far better option/prospect than Hailliday and Flan at Left Back who were never nautral left backs. He can challenge Borna. 20 years old, built like a tank and will be on relatively low wages. Leicester fans rate him. 4 year deal. Happy days. 

4 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Happy about this. Far better option/prospect than Hailliday and Flan at Left Back who were never nautral left backs. He can challenge Borna. 20 years old, built like a tank and will be on relatively low wages. Leicester fans rate him. 4 year deal. Happy days. 

Where did you see that the Leicester fans rate him?

I do wonder when we’d just take a chance on a young player and play him. You look at Sancho, Reyna Gnabry etc obviously extreme examples but it shows if you’re good enough you’re old enough. 

Probably shouldn’t happen this season given the importance of it but I’d like us to just take that chance with one or two players.

42 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Some are necessary. Back up goalie to replace Foderingham, this was needed to replace Flanagan/Halliday. 

But I agree we don't need any more now other than a striker. But I would argue less of a squad filler and hopefully a serious challenger. 

No “back ups” no “cover”.  What we need is better than what we have. That way we create a competition for places. 

If this boy is any good at 20 he’d be a first team semi regular player at LCFC.   But he’s not even broken into the first team 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

No “back ups” no “cover”.  What we need is better than what we have. That way we create a competition for places. 

If this boy is any good at 20 he’d be a first team semi regular player at LCFC.   But he’s not even broken into the first team 

Well it'll be hard to get better players than McGregor, Barisic and Morelos as well as also spending on a RW and CM. 

That's 5 quality players you want for multi-millions each. We always needed a back up keeper and fullback cover. 

59 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Welcome to the greatest club in the world young man. 👍👍🇬🇧🇬🇧

Far too laid back in how he speaks, can tell from that he's a lazy player, most likely a shitebag too. Be best all round selling him the now for 2m. 

45 minutes ago, left winger said:

If he’s a star I hope he picks England rather than Nigeria. Would rather not have any of our players missing for ACON.

Black African football tournaments matter.

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Well it'll be hard to get better players than McGregor, Barisic and Morelos as well as also spending on a RW and CM. 

That's 5 quality players you want for multi-millions each. We always needed a back up keeper and fullback cover. 

We need players to push those you mentioned all the way. Players that will make them look over their shoulder and up their game/shit themselves 
we have too many players guaranteed a start and this leads to complacency.  

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Call me a traditionalist, but I prefer CBs who wear number 5. 

On average they tend to be better. 

40 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

What?????

Traditionally the best centre back at a club wears number 5, not 6.

As a football fan, I'm embarrassed I had to explain that to you. 

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You mean Leicester, who are  currently top six in the Premier league, have international tested players all over the place, recently won it, and have multi millions to spend, even on squad players ?

We play in a diddy league, they don't.

Archived