Do you want the allocations back for Old Firms?

ready1873

Yes or no  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Would you change the allocation?

• Yes
    • No

22 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

To be honest I don’t agree it gives as much of an advantage as people think. They beat us at Ibrox most games when we came back up because we were pish, not because of the allocations.

Before we went down the divisions we beat them at Ibrox the vast majority of the time, there was never much complaining about it then.

Of course it’s an advantage, they shoot into a stand full of their fans while we’re stuck away in the corner at their midden.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

No, but having more of them there generates a better atmosphere in our end also as it becoming about drowning them out. 

When there’s only 800 of them and they can’t be heard at all, there is less singing from us and it just becomes like any other game where it’s only the UB singing for the majority of the game. 

Also hate the idea of going home and away but basically being guaranteed to miss out on the biggest away game of the season because of the reduced allocations.

For me, the positives outweigh the negatives.

So you're ok with that mob being given 7000 tickets which would the deprive 7000 of our own from seeing their team. Well as far as i'm concerned I'd far rather have our own shouting for us than having to put up with their pro ira/ republican bile and their anti Orange/ Protestant tirade.  As for allocations for the piggery, personally i'm fine with very rarely being inside the midden.  Good for you though, who is ok with our own being denied tickets to accommodate that mob with their poisonous bile.

1 hour ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

No, but having more of them there generates a better atmosphere in our end also as it becoming about drowning them out. 

When there’s only 800 of them and they can’t be heard at all, there is less singing from us and it just becomes like any other game where it’s only the UB singing for the majority of the game. 

Also hate the idea of going home and away but basically being guaranteed to miss out on the biggest away game of the season because of the reduced allocations.

For me, the positives outweigh the negatives.

So 8000 Rangers fans need to move or miss out because of muh atmosphere? 

Sound argument. 

28 minutes ago, George McLean said:

So you're ok with that mob being given 7000 tickets which would the deprive 7000 of our own from seeing their team. Well as far as i'm concerned I'd far rather have our own shouting for us than having to put up with their pro ira/ republican bile and their anti Orange/ Protestant tirade.  As for allocations for the piggery, personally i'm fine with very rarely being inside the midden.  Good for you though, who is ok with our own being denied tickets to accommodate that mob with their poisonous bile.

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So 8000 Rangers fans need to move or miss out because of muh atmosphere? 

Sound argument. 

Same argument can be used when we play them away from home that 8000 of our fans are having to miss out...

Just now, Wearethepeople72 said:

Same argument can be used when we play them away from home that 8000 of our fans are having to miss out...

It's not really an argument at all because only they benefitted from it, they get a full stand at Ibrox so we should've got the full end at their midden, but we didn't. 

The atmosphere was outstanding during the game back in December because we were playing them off the park, then it was shite in September because we were beaten as soon as the teams were released. 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's not really an argument at all because only they benefitted from it, they get a full stand at Ibrox so we should've got the full end at their midden, but we didn't. 

The atmosphere was outstanding during the game back in December because we were playing them off the park, then it was shite in September because we were beaten as soon as the teams were released. 

I can see that point but due to segregation there isn’t really any other way they could do it in all honesty.

I personally preferred it the way it was but since we committed to changing the allocations it’s not really something we can go back on now anyway.

Maybe meet in the middle and give 2.5-3k each would be an option, that way they wouldn’t have a full stand but still allows for more away fans at both games but think it will stay the way it is now for the foreseeable.

1 minute ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

I can see that point but due to segregation there isn’t really any other way they could do it in all honesty.

I personally preferred it the way it was but since we committed to changing the allocations it’s not really something we can go back on now anyway.

Maybe meet in the middle and give 2.5-3k each would be an option, that way they wouldn’t have a full stand but still allows for more away fans at both games but think it will stay the way it is now for the foreseeable.

Would you let them have your seat? 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Would you let them have your seat? 

Was it not the case that people were given the option to purchase ST’s with or without the tarrier games, then those who choose to purchase with were just relocated if necessary? 

Can’t be sure though as my ST has always been in the GR.

2 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

It's not the same argument, iirc it was actually Rangers fans who first approached the club to complain about their behaviour when they were given the full Broomloan, as a support we had to put up with their sickening effigies and their poisonous support of the ira. As for 7000 of our fans missing out at the piggery I personally don't know too many of our own who are too bothered about not being there.  It's a far better atmosphere at Ibrox without them there as we don't have to put up with their sickening bile

5 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Was it not the case that people were given the option to purchase ST’s with or without the tarrier games, then those who choose to purchase with were just relocated if necessary? 

Can’t be sure though as my ST has always been in the GR.

Aye. 

They can have your seat in the Govan then. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aye. 

They can have your seat in the Govan then. 

Back then it worked, probably wouldn’t now with 7.5k due to more demand for season tickets, etc. 

As ForeverAndEver said works in Europe with 5% so no reason why it couldn’t in theory if that was a route we went down.

Pricks banged us into that corner, and treated us like shit for years, having to walk down to Dalmarnock after game is murder, used to love walking through them all on London Rd from Eastend.

Keep as is with no's, but would stick them in Main Stand corner or top Broamloan corner.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

First two were superb tbf, last one was ridiculously bad.

The new regime was always gonny be a nightmare for the home team if the games going against them, I’ve never heard parkheed so quiet as the xmas game there , on tv anyway 

Best thing King done was cut they fenian bastards allocation, I’d personally be happy if I never clapped eyes on a single one of they manky fenian peado harbouring  bastards ever again, fucking despise each and every one of them and everything they stand for. 

The corner or a hole somewhere will do them forever.

And if they don't behave cut their allocation even further...the polis won't mind.makes their job a whole lot easier.

I always showered after coming back from their  manky fleapit of a ground

1 hour ago, Blacky Bear said:

Pricks banged us into that corner, and treated us like shit for years, having to walk down to Dalmarnock after game is murder, used to love walking through them all on London Rd from Eastend.

Keep as is with no's, but would stick them in Main Stand corner or top Broamloan corner.

Walked up their end twice and we took the piss big time.

Used to love it, we used to meet at mine in Shettleston, right through Tollcross park, down Tolcross Rd, to London Rd, by SELIK Club, noughty times but brilliant. 

Was even better in the 80s 90s, Train Fa easterhouse and walked from Cartyne, Springfield ard was ours

16 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Definitely preferred it the way it was when we both had 7.5k each, made for a far better atmosphere. 

Aye sitting at Ibrox the last few years with our fans silent and they cunts lording it over us in the broomloan was magic. 

Was good back in the day though when it was them sitting in silence and us taking the utter cunt. Fuck them though I’m happy to not have to move to accommodate the smelly arse raping bastards.

39 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If giving them a full stand then it should be the Copland..

Leave the true fans in the Broomloan.

Don't know if you're at it or not but fuck having them anywhere near the Copland. The Copland Road End is an iconic part of the stadium for many bears, certainly older ones such as myself and long may it stay that way.

Archived