Only Three Weeks Until The New Season...

MacBoyd

20 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Personally I'm dreading the start to next season and I don't see how anybody else can say otherwise. 

I’m actually pretty buzzing for it, at least there’ll actually be something to talk about instead of just discussing Josh Windass :anguish:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

McGregor 

Tavernier Goldson Helander Barisic

Jack Davis Kamara

Hagi Defoe Kent

That's going to be our starting 11 at Pittodrie isn't it? 

I’d imagine Morelos will play, assuming he is still here. If he goes then his replacement will play. Probably Aribo in there too. Helander might not be fit, so Edmundson or possibly Bassey.

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

McGregor 

Jack Davis Kamara

Hagi Defoe Kent

Helander must be a doubt as never played yesterday and not travelling to France.

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

McGregor 

Jack Davis Kamara

Hagi Defoe Kent

At least two points behind after one game if that’s the starting team.

Whether you agree with Kirk's team at the start of the thread or not - that team should comfortably beat Aberdeen on any given day. I know football doesn't really work like that, but it should.

I'm still a bit concerned tbh. I don't think we're anywhere near where we need to be. Still got too many big signings to make and that was before the injuries to Helander and Katic and thinking Morelos might be away too. A lot of work to be done, every decision has to be correct to pull this off. Do I have that confidence in me? I don't.

But as I just said in another thread, a couple of big signings changes things the mood literally overnight.

With no fans and no atmosphere the game against Aberdeen boils down to the basics, who's the better team. 

As long as we field at least 7 or 8 of our perceived first 11 we should be beating that shower of shit comfortably. 

Of course we need 2 or 3 big signings for the season ahead as a whole but we shouldn't be fearing those cunts on the opening day. 

2 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

With no fans and no atmosphere the game against Aberdeen boils down to the basics, who's the better team. 

As long as we field at least 7 or 8 of our perceived first 11 we should be beating that shower of shit comfortably. 

Of course we need 2 or 3 big signings for the season ahead as a whole but we shouldn't be fearing those cunts on the opening day. 

I think it's great we are playing them on opening day tbh. 

Traditionally, I always want the harder games at the start of the season (compared to midweeks in November/Dec and February.

Get these harder games in first while we're fresh, raring to go before things go tits up is my motto. 

Just now, British_Empire said:

I think it's great we are playing them on opening day tbh. 

Traditionally, I always want the harder games at the start of the season (compared to midweeks in November/Dec and February.

Get these harder games in first while we're fresh, raring to go before things go tits up is my motto. 

As long as they go our way of course 😂

I'd tend to agree though, and as far as I'm concerned the fact Pittodrie will be empty should be seen as a huge bonus for us. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

McGregor 

Jack Davis Kamara

Hagi Defoe Kent

I reckon it will be, don’t see Morelos starting regardless of him being here or not.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

So negative man ffs we'll beat Aberdeen. I'll wait till I see the odds but fancy Rangers -2 

We've went up there and won once since December 2017. They've been one of our worst bogey teams under Gerrard. 

I'd put the money on the sheep win or draw if anything.

Just now, Supersonic said:

We've went up there and won once since December 2017. They've been one of our worst bogey teams under Gerrard. 

I'd put the money on the sheep win or draw if anything.

New season fresh dreams and all that😁😁😁😁 cant wait till it starts

Just now, KingKirk said:

New season fresh dreams and all that😁😁😁😁 cant wait till it starts

Same old shite in my opinion. I wish I was excited for it but I don't see it at all at the moment sadly. Reckon our yearly meltdown will actually happen earlier this year due to the pressure. Hope I'm wrong and maybe the lack of crowds for a while will actually help some of the pussies in our squad (Kent and our Captain for two great examples). Hopefully no more greeting in the programmes or post match interviews this year.

4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Same old shite in my opinion. I wish I was excited for it but I don't see it at all at the moment sadly. Reckon our yearly meltdown will actually happen earlier this year due to the pressure. Hope I'm wrong and maybe the lack of crowds for a while will actually help some of the pussies in our squad (Kent and our Captain for two great examples). Hopefully no more greeting in the programmes or post match interviews this year.

You must have some excitement mate no seen Rangers since March looking forward to the feelings that accompanies that for good or bad.👍

Just now, KingKirk said:

You must have some excitement mate no seen Rangers since March looking forward to the feelings that accompany that for good or bad.👍

In that sense yeah, big time! It's been absolutely shite without being able to go to the games or even watch us. 

21 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Aye, and according to people on here who are usually reliable Gerrard and the rest have gave up with him. 

Really? Fuck. I haven't heard any of that. Well if that is true then it is time to sell. He has certainly used up his nine lives.

41 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Aye, and according to people on here who are usually reliable Gerrard and the rest have gave up with him. 

We need a new striker then defoe's barely good enough for the bench.

Archived