Only Three Weeks Until The New Season...

MacBoyd

11 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Squad and coaching staff better be properly prepared physically and mentally for what will be the biggest season of their careers, failure is not an option, If they think they were under pressure last season then they’re in for a shock, it’s going to be absolute carnage this new season, we need to come out fighting show we won’t be fucked about right from game 1 and not let up the full season.

The sad thing is mate us not being there is an advantage to this team , I’m not saying the crowd don’t go OTT at times but I’ve spoke to an ex successful player about it before and he was 100% of the mindset it’s the demand of the club and you need to deal with it to be a success 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I have no doubt we will sign another 2 or 3 players who will perform well in Europe but vanish during Scottish matches when the pressure is on.

I don’t believe Gerrard will build a team capable of both competitions. Look how long it took Walter on his second spell to turn the team around domestically. Was it 1 window?

I’m desperate to be proven wrong.

Got shot of the players not cut out for the physicality of the spl instantly 

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

The sad thing is mate us not being there is an advantage to this team , I’m not saying the crowd don’t go OTT at times but I’ve spoke to an ex successful player about it before and he was 100% of the mindset it’s the demand of the club and you need to deal with it to be a success 

A man like Walter Smith would instal the belief and confidence in these players to go out and be successful in front of our support. Gerrard has failed so far in that aspect.

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

A man like Walter Smith would instal the belief and confidence in these players to go out and be successful in front of our support. Gerrard has failed so far in that aspect. Hopefully this year he gets the players mentality ready for the challenge.

You think the same players could withstand the physical battles they toil with just now when the likes of killie and Aberdeen try turning it into their style of game under Walter ? 

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Was honestly dreading it until the day because we’ll obviously no be there but got a bit of a buzz for it the day

Aye I'm the same. I haven't really missed it until the last week.

I've saved an insane amount of money not going to football though.

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

You think the same players could withstand the physical battles they toil with just now when the likes of killie and Aberdeen try turning it into their style of game under Walter ? 

They coped with just about anything thrown at them right up until the winter break no reason why they shouldn’t be able to keep that up for the entire season.  

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

They coped  with just about anything thrown at them right up until the winter break no reason why they shouldn’t be able to keep that up for the entire season.  

We moved the ball quickly then , teams couldn’t turn it into a battle , only game before the break was Pittodrie, we were coasting then they managed to mix it a bit and we struggled , fuck knows what happens after the breaks , pedestrian slow football no hunting the ball back fuck all , baffling 

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Was honestly dreading it until the day because we’ll obviously no be there but got a bit of a buzz for it the day

I’m still dreading it mate , hopefully wance it starts I’ll be right into it but as it stands the now I canny get excited about watching fuck knows how long for on rtv at all , looking down the fixtures today wondering how many payed for games we’ll miss was bizarre 

I think we'll sign another 3 (4 if Morelos leaves) players but it will be slow due to other leagues finishing their season. 

I'm starting to get a bit of the buzz back but I would be lying if I said there wasn't any doubts due to the way we finished or didn't finish last season. 

7 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I have no doubt we will sign another 2 or 3 players who will perform well in Europe but vanish during Scottish matches when the pressure is on.

I don’t believe Gerrard will build a team capable of both competitions. Look how long it took Walter on his second spell to turn the team around domestically. Was it 1 window?

I agree sadly .Co vid has ultimately cost us signing better players and being left with the losers from last season .It is never going to be enough .Our board will be content  with second and the ST money 

1 hour ago, MorelosRangers said:

I wish i could fast forward to February to see if we are still in it.

All threads should be banned about winning the league even if we're 10 points clear at Christmas. I won't be convinced until it's finished. 

If we miraculously find ourselves in that position .Expect the red cards tripling and pens against increasing at alarming rate 

13 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

I'm slightly concerned tbh. The Morelos issue needs sorted very quickly. Certainly seems like he wants to go and the club have barely mentioned him on social media. We cannot go into this season with Defoe as second choice let alone first choice striker imo. We need to get a quality player in.

We need a right forward who will score goals. A box to box midfielder and a defensive midfielder all of starting quality. We also need cover at full back and now cb. 

The taigs seem to have financial issues and haven't signed anyone, but if we go with the same players as last season it's hard to imagine the end result will be different.

The box to box midfielder is a position we badly need to find a real tenacious never say die battler  , 

8 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Walter had 5 windows before winning the league.

Granted he won 2 cups and got to a European final in the meantime :lol: 

Agree with what alot of others have already said, if we're essentially starting with the same 11 as last season we're not winning the league. In the second half of last season teams found if they got in our faces, we didn't like it and we got bullied at times - they'll be doing exactly the same this season. Its clear Davis is past it now (as good a player as he was) and when we're saying Ryan Jack is our top midfielder (or even player), that kind of highlights our problem. Don't get me wrong, Jack is good but gets injured alot and is not someone we can hang title hopes on. We need some genuine quality and leadership in the middle of the park - not easy (or cheap) to find i know.

If players leave (unlikely) then they may have to be replaced.

Continuity is very important and you don't get that by chopping and changing at every window. 

I have no idea when the window opens but if players come in at that time it will be players who are already targets. Homework will have been done. There will be no panic buying.

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

10IAR is dead covid killed it. If you wanna recognize it that's upto you.

Kirk mate .You have the same bug that afflicts the bheasts when they say we aren’t the same club .You will have to accept that if they win next years title ..No matter how they win it .They will claim it and it will be put into the records .No matter what we think of their achievement .We simply have to stop it .We are in last chance saloon .Our players better play like their lives depended on it .Or most of the ones that have been here last 4/5 years can get themselves so far to fuck .

19 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

If players leave (unlikely) then they may have to be replaced.

Continuity is very important and you don't get that by chopping and changing at every window. 

I have no idea when the window opens but if players come in at that time it will be players who are already targets. Homework will have been done. There will be no panic buying.

Last report I seen said mid July opening for the window with an October 5th close. 

I don't doubt we have a shortlist of targets. I just hope this time with Wilson overseeing, it is first team ready starters that improve the quality of our squad.

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Last report I seen said mid July opening for the window with an October 5th close. 

I don't doubt we have a shortlist of targets. I just hope this time with Wilson overseeing, it is first team ready starters that improve the quality of our squad.

Spfl window opened in June closes in September 1st .The EPL and other leagues which are currently playing use the dates you used.

Just now, LV said:

Spfl window opened in June closes in September 1st .The EPL and other leagues which are currently playing use the dates you used.

Stories I've seen are Uefa are encouraging all it's members to go with an October 5th deadline for this transfer window. 

Saying that wouldn't exactly be shocking if the SPFL decided to do differently. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Stories I've seen are Uefa are encouraging all it's members to go with an October 5th deadline for this transfer window. 

Aye but all they countries are still playing football we just awarded the title.

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

That's the big problem we have right here....apart from a few leagues we are out of sync with the majority of leagues in Europe.....our season kicks off in 3 weeks whilst some off these leagues will be coming to a close....best of luck trying to firstly convince players to join up at the same time as one season ends with no pre season.....it really does throw things up in the air trying to get a balance....we could honestly be 8 games in b4 we are in a position to land a certain player....probably no coincidence that a couple of players we have been linked with seasons are over

Archived