Ronaldinho

gazza27

For a two year period he was best in the world. Possibly the most enjoyable to watch footballer in my time. One of the few that can make it look like a dance.

One of the most entertaining players the game has seen.

Some of the stuff he done was incredible. There have been better players than him but you would just get a buzz every time he played. He was pretty unique. His brain, skillset, imagination and execution were on another level. Always played with a smile on his face too.

My favourite non Rangers player in my lifetime, always seemed to play like it was a hobby and not a career, and some of the things he can do with a ball at his feet is beyond unreal

The night the real fans stood and applauded him after his second goal against them, the night he made ramos look like an amateur player is one of the best performances you'll ever see, 

And the kickings he took over the years and he went back for more 😂😂

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

For that two year period he was top 5 of the last 30 years level. Superb player.

Off the top of my head I would be thinking Ronaldo, Messi, CR7, Zidane and Ronaldinho.

Xavi, Iniesta, Maldini (pretty much every Italian defender of the 90s!), Rivaldo, and a few others would be in the mixing pot though.

6 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Off the top of my head I would be thinking Ronaldo, Messi, CR7, Zidane and Ronaldinho.

Xavi, Iniesta, Maldini (pretty much every Italian defender of the 90s!), Rivaldo, and a few others would be in the mixing pot though.

I'd say for that two years or so I'd have him at just about Messi and Ronaldo level. He just falls back a bit overall because he didn't quite sustain that level for longer. Faded very quickly into his 30s.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I'd say for that two years or so I'd have him at just about Messi and Ronaldo level. He just falls back a bit overall because he didn't quite sustain that level for longer. Faded very quickly into his 30s.

Sorry that wasn't my order. Don't really have an order. Not really that important. I guess Messi and Ronaldo are top 2 for the level and consistency they have achieved. I like them both. You can't compare them let alone compare a Ronaldo to a Maldini. A Ronaldinho to a Koeman or whatever. The Messi/Ronaldo fights between their uber fans is hilarious. Just enjoy them both. Enjoy all great players as sadly there are not many around today IMO.

There's not really anyone like Ronaldinho though. Closest you would get is possibly Jay Jay Okocha. He was another great entertainer. Not nearly as good but still incredible to watch. He'd be on Soccer AM every week doing some amazing trick or another. In fact did they both play against us as well as Arteta and Poch when we knocked them out on pens?

On 19/07/2020 at 14:31, Laudrup1984 said:

Sorry that wasn't my order. Don't really have an order. Not really that important. I guess Messi and Ronaldo are top 2 for the level and consistency they have achieved. I like them both. You can't compare them let alone compare a Ronaldo to a Maldini. A Ronaldinho to a Koeman or whatever. The Messi/Ronaldo fights between their uber fans is hilarious. Just enjoy them both. Enjoy all great players as sadly there are not many around today IMO.

There's not really anyone like Ronaldinho though. Closest you would get is possibly Jay Jay Okocha. He was another great entertainer. Not nearly as good but still incredible to watch. He'd be on Soccer AM every week doing some amazing trick or another. In fact did they both play against us as well as Arteta and Poch when we knocked them out on pens?

Yeah, didn't take that as your top 5 in order, was just saying separately that he was up at Ronaldo/Messi level for a few years. That top 5 group is about right for me. 

Top 10 in the last 30 years is probably them, Laudrup, Romario, fat Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta in some kind of order.

And yeah, beating that PSG team was something else looking back on it. Didn't appreciate it as much at the time.

40 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, didn't take that as your top 5 in order, was just saying separately that he was up at Ronaldo/Messi level for a few years. That top 5 group is about right for me. 

Top 10 in the last 30 years is probably them, Laudrup, Romario, Maldini, Xavi, Iniesta in some kind of order.

And yeah, beating that PSG team was something else looking back on it. Didn't appreciate it as much at the time.

Yeah Laudrup will always be my hero. To see him in the flesh week in week out was something else.

It's mad the quality of player that probably don't make the top 10. Baggio, Raul, Baresi, Matthaus, Bergkamp, Henry, Hagi, Stoichkov, Carlos, Nesta, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Signori, Batistuta, Kaka, Figo, Boban, Suker, Moeller, Sammer, Papin, Shevchenko, Desailly, Pirlo, Drogba, Zola, Cantona, Gerrard, Shearer. I could go on all night! 

Some of the teams we beat (and/or outplayed) is pretty insane. The Parma, PSG, Bayern, Marseille, Leeds teams were mad. Outplaying Bayern in Munich. A young Ferguson schooling Effenberg at Ibrox. Them were the days.

16 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

You could give a dozen creative players 20 minutes and a sketch pad and they wouldn’t come up with half the stuff Ronaldinho improvised in a big-game situation. 

There may be players better, but never players like him.

You auditioning for sky sports commentary or something there

On 19/07/2020 at 14:40, Inigo said:

Top 10 in the last 30 years is probably them, Laudrup, Romario, Maldini, Xavi, Iniesta in some kind of order.

Ronaldo has never been at Messis level.........

Archived