4Lads Tweet

BridgeIsBlue

7 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

The problem with fan media is the ones in charge of the outlet like to keep access to their perks, such as attending behind doors football and event invites and freebies etc. So eventually, end up like scottish msm and toeing the line.

Very much a mixed bag on that tbh.

I've had isssues with a few club now over stuff and it's cost me access at Rangers and Hearts over the last couple of seasons. There's no point being in there if you're just going to do what you're told.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Id say it more so to do with them being restricted to times and schedules rather than the club telling them what to print. 

That's part and parcel of the access. There's no chance they are going to allow fan media to break the embargos. Clubs and outlets get really pissy when you put stuff out that's embargoed

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Very much a mixed bag on that tbh.

I've had isssues with a few club now over stuff and it's cost me access at Rangers and Hearts over the last couple of seasons. There's no point being in there if you're just going to do what you're told.

In my personal opinion, you are either independent or not. You can't take perks and then expect to write what you wish without answering to someone. Thats why recently i am starting to doubt some podcasters motives for inserting politics into their content. I won't elaborate but i have my own thoughts on the matter.

1 minute ago, Rambo1872 said:

In my personal opinion, you are either independent or not. You can't take perks and then expect to write what you wish without answering to someone. Thats why recently i am starting to doubt some podcasters motives for inserting politics into their content. I won't elaborate but i have my own thoughts on the matter.

It isn't 'perks' though. Being granted access to a game is me being allowed in to do my job. Believe me, I'm very sceptical of some of the fan media stuff that's going on but I think it's unfair to say that guys cant take 'perks' and write freely.

Im at St. Mirren on Saturday, I've no obligation to write what St. Mirren want me to - if I did, the whole thing would be fucked. That's not to say some folk dont do it just to get a foot in the door.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It isn't 'perks' though. Being granted access to a game is me being allowed in to do my job. Believe me, I'm very sceptical of some of the fan media stuff that's going on but I think it's unfair to say that guys cant take 'perks' and write freely.

Im at St. Mirren on Saturday, I've no obligation to write what St. Mirren want me to - if I did, the whole thing would be fucked. That's not to say some folk dont do it just to get a foot in the door.

Access to a match behind closed doors due to a virus which is televised is a perk i would say. And correct, some folk will do what they are told to keep their foot inside the door. I'm not meaning you specifically, i am meaning people who are not reporters but podders etc.

Just now, Rambo1872 said:

Access to a match behind closed doors due to a virus which is televised is a perk i would say. And correct, some folk will do what they are told to keep their foot inside the door. I'm not meaning you specifically, i am meaning people who are not reporters but podders etc.

Believe me, going to St. Mirren v Livi on Saturday isnt a perk. :lol:

Rangers Clubs have already sussed  out I wont. I'm not saying that's why 4Lads have stopped it either tbh. I don't know the specifics behind it. The biggest problem about fan media (for me at least) is that the guys who are doing it can be manipulated by the clubs too easily. "Don't post X or we'll pull your access" has much more sway with a fan site than an established national paper.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Believe me, going to St. Mirren v Livi on Saturday isnt a perk. :lol:

Rangers Clubs have already sussed  out I wont. I'm not saying that's why 4Lads have stopped it either tbh. I don't know the specifics behind it. The biggest problem about fan media (for me at least) is that the guys who are doing it can be manipulated by the clubs too easily. "Don't post X or we'll pull your access" has much more sway with a fan site than an established national paper.

I'm glad we agree,that's what my posts have been saying.:thumbup:

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Under normal circumstances, aye. 

Fan media, getting access to Ibrox whilst nobody else is, is very much a perk in my view. 

There are differences between certain types of media and I believe if you are classified as 'press/print'  you are expected to be independent, and that includes not shouting and cheering when we score. I can understand not wanting that condition put on you. 

Interesting that I always hear David Edgar from Heart and Hand saying that he wouldn’t want involvement with the club if it meant they were controlling the content they were able to put out, but heart and hand are still attending the press conferences etc

14 hours ago, pcbear said:

That was my thoughts as well, David Edgar was a bit gutted as it is his pal and was looking forward to a working relationship and according to him no conditions have been laid down, i like all the HandH guys as they are all straight talkers and their thoughts pretty much mirror mine.

Same. See the Kevin Thomson they sometimes have on, is it our Kevin Thomson?

35 minutes ago, Teddybear123 said:

Interesting that I always hear David Edgar from Heart and Hand saying that he wouldn’t want involvement with the club if it meant they were controlling the content they were able to put out, but heart and hand are still attending the press conferences etc

Club aren't controlling his content. They are certainly controlling his narrative.

25 minutes ago, Misteral said:

How do you work that out? Give us an example or two to support that statement. 

Castore kit leak being fake before the same kits were released.

Suddenly defending the club leaking stories to the Record

The Nathan Young-Coombes stuff

Denying the Covid testing story to H&H and refusing comment everywhere else

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Castore kit leak being fake before the same kits were released.

Suddenly defending the club leaking stories to the Record

The Nathan Young-Coombes stuff

Denying the Covid testing story to H&H and refusing comment everywhere else

Why do you bother listening?  If any of the above is accurate I'm sure they'd be the first to put their hands up if/when they get it wrong, but if you think they are out to deceive fans in any way  then I'd disagree.

2 hours ago, Misteral said:

Why do you bother listening?  If any of the above is accurate I'm sure they'd be the first to put their hands up if/when they get it wrong, but if you think they are out to deceive fans in any way  then I'd disagree.

He isn't meaning to deceive. He is just tweeting what the club is saying without possibly questioning if that really is the case.

I personally never listen to Edgar or read the 4lads stuff because I would never find the time. Many good RM members do listen and read what they say and pass on any relevant thing that comes from them here and that is appreciated. 

What I would also say is that with certain fans now at PC's and then only allowed to  put out only what the Club want them to say is a bit concerning and not a route I think is healthy, surely we need to read and listen to views on Rangers that are not always cleared by the board.  We will have to wait and see how this new way of working goes, my concerns could well be wrong.   

Archived