4Lads Tweet

BridgeIsBlue

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I personally never listen to Edgar or read the 4lads stuff because I would never find the time. Many good RM members do listen and read what they say and pass on any relevant thing that comes from them here and that is helpful and appreciated. 

What I would also say is that with certain fans now at PC's and then only allowed to  put out only what the Club want them to say is a bit concerning and not a route I think is healthy, surely we need to read and listen to views on Rangers that are not always cleared by the board.  We will have to wait and see how this new way of working goes, my concerns could well be wrong.   

I know where you’re coming from with that, mate, but the answer would be that the MSM provides something that is not the party line - and of course we can’t trust them not to twist it🙈.

Caught between the devil & the deep blue sea!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HG5 said:

I know where you’re coming from with that, mate, but the answer would be that the MSM provides something that is not the party line - and of course we can’t trust them not to twist it🙈.

Caught between the devil & the deep blue sea!

Yes I know what you mean, this new fan press situation just sounds a bit C1872 for me and I am wary of these things. Grumpy old bugger Loyal. :boughy:

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Yes I know what you mean, this new fan press situation just sounds a bit C1872 for me and I am wary of these things. Grumpy old bugger Loyal. :boughy:

Join the club mate!

Club1872 analogy’s a good one - there’ll always be some who won’t trust those chosen to report, as being seen to be in the board’s pocket.

9 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Join the club mate!

Club1872 analogy’s a good one - there’ll always be some who won’t trust those chosen to report, as being seen to be in the board’s pocket.

It has just rung a few alarm bells with me, probably over reacting but we will just have to wait and see. A win tomorrow and this thread will slip away down the page. :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It has just rung a few alarm bells with me, probably over reacting but we will just have to wait and see. A win tomorrow and this thread will slip away down the page. :thumbup:

Yup!

Be nice to have the game to talk about!

Although our club does appear to have more than most to keep us interested in the down time in between!

8 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I personally never listen to Edgar or read the 4lads stuff because I would never find the time. Many good RM members do listen and read what they say and pass on any relevant thing that comes from them here and that is appreciated. 

What I would also say is that with certain fans now at PC's and then only allowed to  put out only what the Club want them to say is a bit concerning and not a route I think is healthy, surely we need to read and listen to views on Rangers that are not always cleared by the board.  We will have to wait and see how this new way of working goes, my concerns could well be wrong.   

I pay the 2 quid a month and imo it is well worth it, i get about three emails a day with content and i usually at least listen to one which is the daily update , that usually comes through about 3 ish so i nstead of listening to shite on the radio i give that a half hour, it keeps you bang up to speed.

Roll on the fitba.

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

I pay the 2 quid a month and imo it is well worth it, i get about three emails a day with content and i usually at least listen to one which is the daily update , that usually comes through about 3 ish so i nstead of listening to shite on the radio i give that a half hour, it keeps you bang up to speed.

Roll on the fitba.

That is good mate, glad you enjoy it, I am just not personally interested in listening to these things, I  find RM has so many opinions and info I just stick with it.

Game being back today is great.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Fair play to 4 Lads, virtually confirming what a few of us thought.

Not looking to clever for DE and Mark Dingwall (no laughing at the back)

The longer it goes on, it changes from them being misled and manipulated by the club to them deliberately misleading fans. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The longer it goes on, it changes from them being misled and manipulated by the club to them deliberately misleading fans. 

Which for me would be a shame.

I really enjoy the H and H stuff but if it’s going to be watered down because they don’t want to upset their PR pal or the club then it’ll be disappointing.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Which for me would be a shame.

I really enjoy the H and H stuff but if it’s going to be watered down because they don’t want to upset their PR pal or the club then it’ll be disappointing.

Agreed. In fairness it is potentially quite difficult. If you're a regular fan and then suddenly you become a privileged fan with access we could only dream of, I can see how some can become easily swayed or compromised.

If you can't remain objective though then we have a problem, a huge problem. In life things will never be good all the time so don't pretend otherwise. Fans are not daft. Given what's happened over the years transparency is of the utmost importance.

I hope they don't water down their content as most often I agree and enjoy the H&H stuff. It would be a shame if things changed.

7 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Agreed. In fairness it is potentially quite difficult. If you're a regular fan and then suddenly you become a privileged fan with access we could only dream of, I can see how some can become easily swayed or compromised.

If you can't remain objective though then we have a problem, a huge problem. In life things will never be good all the time so don't pretend otherwise. Fans are not daft. Given what's happened over the years transparency is of the utmost importance.

I hope they don't water down their content as most often I agree and enjoy the H&H stuff. It would be a shame if things changed.

To me, fan media should be independent of club.

With H and H, is Davie going to slaughter Gerrard on his Post match show when he will be facing him at a presser. Is he going to slaughter the board whilst he’s getting these privileges?

44 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Even more subtle!

That's all you can ever ask for from anyone. Honesty. You may not always like it but it's the least we all want.

Fair play to him. He’s certainly gained my respect as I’m sure it’s not an easy decision to give up access to games and to the club etc 

34 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Fair play to 4 Lads, virtually confirming what a few of us thought.

Not looking to clever for DE and Mark Dingwall (no laughing at the back)

It’s not. But worth remembering the real fault lies within the club, one individual in particular 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Fair play to him. He’s certainly gained my respect as I’m sure it’s not an easy decision to give up access to games and to the club etc 

They might still be allowed to go mate , I’d imagine under the normal 4 lads set up they’d still be well in getting tickets 👍🏻

13 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

It’s not. But worth remembering the real fault lies within the club, one individual in particular 

Yup but at what point do they realise they’re being played.

Forget MD, he’s a sycophant but DE doesn’t strike me as daft.

Clear difference between 4 lads and heart and hand is 4 lads made a name by leaking transfer information and behind the scenes info 

heart and hand are reactive to results and transfers so it’s probably best to judge them on what they do not what you think they do 

but by all means failed journalists and jealous posters slaughter them on here and crawl up there arse on follow follow 

Archived