Unlikely Heroes

Swally

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Dibble - Emergency loan signing and man of the match performance at the Piggery to clinch 9IAR. 
Sasa Papac - still think he's hugely over-rated ability-wise, but he's got cult hero status and played his part in successful trophy-laden Rangers sides under Smith moreso considering he was a center-half come left-back.
Kevin Thomson - Still maintain he's twice the player Brown is, and at half the price. He's what a gritty central midfielder for us should be - tough tackling, can pass, can drive. I'm sure he was never on the losing side in an Old Firm game (7/8 games). Would love him instead of Ryan Jack in our engine room at the moment.
Alec Cleland - Mind on the STV news the night he signed (way before social media, internet forums and text messages) was like wtf we signing him for. Thought he looked like a wee white gollywog with his little afro and a bit of a joke - but he done some job at right-back for a couple of seasons with us. 
Ronald Watterrus - Similar to Dibble coming in and having a great match at Peadophile Park to send us on our way to Helicopter Sunday. Thought he went downhill a bit after that, though and the next season cost us a lot of stupid goals and was far too loyal to him over Klos who should have been back playing IMO (but because he was at fault for a goal against celtic people seemed to have enough of Klos, bafflingly).
Steven Thompson - Under-whelmed at his signing but thought the big man took a lot of stick, but scored some good goals. Seen a lot worse than him in our sides.

Robert Prytz - a player I'd loved to have seen play , a former European cup finalist with Malmo , I did see him a few times on TV at the masters and he always impressed even though he looked like he could drap deed at any moment of a heart attack.  https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/05/01/robert-prytz-the-european-cup-finalist-who-ended-up-in-the-scottish-non-league/

Henning Berg - solid defender , wish we had signed him earlier when he had been at Blackburn. 

Trevor Steven - always struck me as being really technically gifted and was immense at reading the game , having watched a lot of old England games during lockdown he looked quality, I was a bit young to appreciate him fully during the time he was at Rangers. 

2 hours ago, miracle said:

Trevor Steven is hardly unsung.   When he moved to Marseille it was for the joint highest fee ever paid for a British player.   The guy was class, especially in his first spell with the club.

Mols was mentioned a while back as well, he's always been held in very high regard so don't think we can add him to this list.

What he did was genius at times 

Hard one to define, but I suppose Alex Miller/ his last gasp winner at the paedo dome. Always loved Stuart Munro and Davie Robertson. Loved jaws Forsyth and Colin Jackson. Big john McClelland. Mind he played as a makeshift centre forwArd against inter Milan and terrorised them! 

Archived