• Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

McLaughlin 

Tavernier Goldson Helander Barisic 

Jack 

Hagi Aribo Kent

Itten Roffe

Very attacking, kinda like it and I guess Davis could be a risk on this pitch being a bit older even though needing minutes.

No doubt we’ll probably see kamara involved instead of one of those though. Depending on what Aribo’s injury was like he might be a sub introduced slowly back into it?

23 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Whilst i agree, we had people lavishing praise on Barker for last weeks performance. I didn't see it myself but i think it was widely reported he played well. Some may see it as harsh if he's then dropped. Personally i think it should be Kent, Aribo and Roofe behind Itten. 

The guy has played 45 minutes of half decent fitba. Outside side of that he was being hailed as a donkey, but now the new great white hope. This place is fucking mad.

Gerrard has previous for this kind of shit and it turns us into losers.

24 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Very attacking, kinda like it and I guess Davis could be a risk on this pitch being a bit older even though needing minutes.

No doubt we’ll probably see kamara involved instead of one of those though. Depending on what Aribo’s injury was like he might be a sub introduced slowly back into it?

Wouldn't have Davis anywhere near the side for any game this season. 

19 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Wouldn't have Davis anywhere near the side for any game this season. 

At least he passes forward sometimes mate. Jack and Kamara are the side-to-side 5 yard safety pass merchants.

34 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The guy has played 45 minutes of half decent fitba. Outside side of that he was being hailed as a donkey, but now the new great white hope. This place is fucking mad.

Gerrard has previous for this kind of shit and it turns us into losers.

I wasn't overly impressed with Barker, I get that others were.

What I would say that if someone comes in and does well they deserve the chance to retain their jersey.  I'd actually argue a greater problem is folk doing well then getting dropped from the team / squad for the next game(s). What incentive does that give a player.

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

At least he passes forward sometimes mate. Jack and Kamara are the side-to-side 5 yard safety pass merchants imo.

Jack continually went on the front foot with his driving forward and passes at the weekend. Maybe helped not having him and Kamara together.

3 minutes ago, CR3 said:

At least he passes forward sometimes mate. Jack and Kamara are the side-to-side 5 yard safety pass merchants.

Something has happened to Davis the last wee while he has played, going way back to end of last season, in that he repeatedly gives the ball away. He was never like that before.  A midfielder who cannot keep the ball is useless. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Jack continually went on the front foot with his driving forward and passes at the weekend. Maybe helped not having him and Kamara together.

Probably helped the management team got fucking pelters on social in the previous game for accepting such performances from Jackamara. They 2 should never need to play together in 90% of our matches.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Well, I would play Jack and I agree that you can’t really have them both together against a poorer domestic team.

Davis, Jack, Aribo on their day for me are my 3 in the middle. I get Davis is on his last year but his experience and range of passing will be needed in a big game I think.

4 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Thought Jack had a decent game at the weekend, wasn't his usual static self. 

Davis is finished, we need better. 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Probably helped the management team got fucking pelters on social in the previous game for accepting such performances from Jackamara. They 2 should never need to play together in 90% of our matches.

Whatever the reason, it was noticeable and was far more what we need from the midfield 2. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Who would you get? We’re definitely needing a box-to-box midfielder though I’d agree. Wasn’t sure until the Morelos fee comes in we’d be spending anymore.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Thought Jack had a decent game at the weekend, wasn't his usual static self. 

David was finished when we came back in January. Happens to players around his age. There's very little warning and once it happens there's no going back. I'd hope we've tried to offload him to the US and free up that wage bill, same with Defoe, but I doubt it with Gerrard.

5 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Something has happened to Davis the last wee while he has played, going way back to end of last season, in that he repeatedly gives the ball away. He was never like that before.  A midfielder who cannot keep the ball is useless. 

Yeah it wasn’t like them tbh, maybe an injury you don’t hear about and kept behind the scenes. Him and Defoe are showing their age with injury proneness the now.

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

Who would you get? We’re definitely needing a box-to-box midfielder though I’d agree. Wasn’t sure until the Morelos fee comes in we’d be spending anymore.

Everyone and their dog knows we need the creator and destroyer that both have engines for getting up and down the park. Look at Bayern, they've got that down to a tee with Thiago and Goreztka.

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

Lundstram would be the perfect signing but according to folk on here we'd be priced out with his wages. 

A box to box  and a playmaker is needed in the middle badly, absolutely no need to play with 3 central midfielders for the majority of our games domestically. 

Before the game on Saturday Neil Mccann was saying we need two sitting midfielders to protect our defence and was showing clips of the Livingston game in which they had 10 men camped in their own half, we shouldn't need 4 players to cover 1.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I wasn't overly impressed with Barker, I get that others were.

What I would say that if someone comes in and does well they deserve the chance to retain their jersey.  I'd actually argue a greater problem is folk doing well then getting dropped from the team / squad for the next game(s). What incentive does that give a player.

Gerrard is inconsistent in his approach when it comes to selection/deselection. Katic the best example who imo was treated very shodilly.

Then we have Tav, absolute dugshite for three months from the start oflast season from July in the first Euro qualifier through to September, but retained his place.

Hagi constantly shoved wide right. Kamara mince at times and keeps his place.

Then we have some of the Liverpool loanees who were dugshite but he struggled to drop them 

I would suggest his man management skills are wanting in he demotivates players, from where I suspect our great dip from January originated.

Whilst we may have 3 wins and a draw, many of the performances much like last season are none too impressive and we await in fear of dropping points, as opposed to looking firward confidently to shredding the dross we come up against 

Sure he has improved us from previous, but has had good financial backing and has much to prove.

I still do not see a title winning team on that park and weaknesses are obvious.

30 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Gerrard is inconsistent in his approach when it comes to selection/deselection. Katic the best example who imo was treated very shodilly.

Then we have Tav, absolute dugshite for three months from the start oflast season from July in the first Euro qualifier through to September, but retained his place.

Hagi constantly shoved wide right. Kamara mince at times and keeps his place.

Then we have some of the Liverpool loanees who were dugshite but he struggled to drop them 

I would suggest his man management skills are wanting in he demotivates players, from where I suspect our great dip from January originated.

Whilst we may have 3 wins and a draw, many of the performances much like last season are none too impressive and we await in fear of dropping points, as opposed to looking firward confidently to shredding the dross we come up against 

Sure he has improved us from previous, but has had good financial backing and has much to prove.

I still do not see a title winning team on that park and weaknesses are obvious.

If he takes a disliking to you then that's it Jones being the prime example, I'm not saying Jones should be a starter or anything btw but he was getting on the pitch consistently last season until that tackle in the Old Firm and hasn't really been seen since apart from the odd cameo.

Archived