UEFA Nations League

.Williamson.

6 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

1981 mate and John Robertson with a penalty,and was the only match in 5 trips we won.
They really were great trips with a million memories,and actually remember sitting in the same mixed sections all over Wembley and the banter was brilliant.
Stephen Kerr the Conservative and Unionist msp summed it up for me on bbc sotland last wednesday nights debate when he spoke about having 4 children and 3 of them lived in England and had 9 grandkids growing up in England and here we have a shower of nasty bastards willing to man the borders and turn the English homewards to think again.
That was a message i noted for myself 40 years ago.
Think it was 79 and the trannies had decided to walk into the city centre on the underground rail lines and bringing the whole system to a grinding halt,and you could feel the bitterness and bile creeping in from the bare arsed clowns.

81 was the first Sc vs Eng game I remember. Remember watching Robertson's penalty. TBH, my hero is Cooper, but I modelled myself more on Robertson when playing growing up. 

25 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Let’s not forget he was pretty reliant on their utterly awful pitch. Wasn’t their away form garbage?

His predecessor and successor both had the same home pitch. Whatever you think of Clarke, his time at Kilmarnock was unquestionably highly impressive. 

2 minutes ago, don logan said:

His predecessor and successor both had the same home pitch. Whatever you think of Clarke, his time at Kilmarnock was unquestionably highly impressive. 

Impressive but he’s shown to be unable to step up at all. Look at his last run of results with Scotland, 1-0’s with the likes of Faroes and Moldova.

36 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

81 was the first Sc vs Eng game I remember. Remember watching Robertson's penalty. TBH, my hero is Cooper, but I modelled myself more on Robertson when playing growing up. 

Stayed with friends who ran the Prince Charles pub in Carnaby Street,and after the match and the celebrations it was a case of just rolling back on the floor pissed and slept the night away.
But!!...took a million memories from every trip.

1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Stayed with friends who ran the Prince Charles pub in Carnaby Street,and after the match and the celebrations it was a case of just rolling back on the floor pissed and slept the night away.
But!!...took a million memories from every trip.

Our base was Cheshunt, my brother-in-laws 2 uncles stayed in the same street, drank in the Anchor bar Friday, boozer basically didn’t close when we were there, either got lifts into London or took the train to Liverpool street on Saturday morning from the pub, drank in various hostelries and hotels in London then headed to Wembley, then eventually back to norf London and drank all day Sunday, halcyon daze mate. 

19 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Mon to fuck mate,not to the extent Fergie got.
You cannot just cherry pick one of a list of reasons i gave why i couldn't give 2 f**ks.
Then the abuse Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor got was over the top and only for one reason.
The vast majority of them are Rangers hating bastards and i wish them beat in every match they play.
Honestly do not see this hatred of us changing any time soon,especially with father ted in charge.

Father Ted 🤣

8 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Honestly can say i personally never heard any scotland player getting booed whether he played for them or was just dog shite.

100% agree with you Scotty. I went to some home international games in the 70s and never heard any players Rangers or C****c being booed. 

37 minutes ago, don logan said:

Not disputing that. Disputing the bad Killie analogy.

TBH the post stated set up to play like Killie, which undoubtedly is having a negative affect on Scotland. 

Clarke set up in many games happy to get a 0-0, which was acceptable at Kilmarnock, hence being a hero with a 50% win ratio.

Those tactics with Scotland = lower win ratio and now correct displeasure at set up and results.

So in essence, the post is actually accurate, style similar to Kilmarnock and you get inconsistent results even if his time at Kilmarnock was a huge success.

4 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Have not bothered with football forums for the last few days. I needed a break so I was unaware of this match.

Scotland scudded 3-0. Can't say I am surprrised. Set up to play like Killie and expect Killie like results.

You go on football forums ? 

No surprise to see teams like Denmark and Norway doing better than the likes of England and France who are toiling. (I know, not all the same divisions).

Prime players are reaching the 70-game mark and it's clearly visible in their play.

Even Scotland who are pish have players like Robertson, McGinn and McTomminay underperforming.

Too much football is being asked of the players to expect top-level football.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

McTominay has started 37 games this season. McGinn 39.

Hardly 70 games..

Guys like Benzema, Mbappe, Rice, Grealish, to name a few look knackered and uninterested.

The Scots players were a bad example. I never meant them as players close to 70.

6 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Let’s not forget he was pretty reliant on their utterly awful pitch. Wasn’t their away form garbage?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he ever lost a league game at Ibrox. Got a few draws at Parkhead as well.