Barry Ferguson simply the best

hawkfalcons

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only a great player, but a much better player than many give him credit for. Not always the brightest spark but consistently spoken of as a top pro by all that played with him and the correct mentality to be our captain. One of Advocaat's best moves was recognising his qualities early and being brave enough to build a side around a young player. 

A box to box midfielder like him we are crying out for now. As others have said we would have trophies in the cabinet from the last few years if he was in our side. Runs into the ground, committed in the tackle, tracks back, rarely wastes or loses possession, bursts forward when needed, good from set plays, moans at underachieving players....

14 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Not only a great player, but a much better player than many give him credit for. Not always the brightest spark but consistently spoken of as a top pro by all that played with him and the correct mentality to be our captain. One of Advocaat's best moves was recognising his qualities early and being brave enough to build a side around a young player. 

A box to box midfielder like him we are crying out for now. As others have said we would have trophies in the cabinet from the last few years if he was in our side. Runs into the ground, committed in the tackle, tracks back, rarely wastes or loses possession, bursts forward when needed, good from set plays, moans at underachieving players....

couldn't have summed it up better mate 

Barry was a cracking player. A real buzz-bomb full of energy but not only that could unlock any defense with a forward pass into space. Barry was a great player. He's blotted the copybook a bit by saying stuff that working for the media seems to be the norm but no one should take away the fact he was a class player. No doubt about it imo.

The thing I notice most is that there's a severe shortage of RM Erskine Fund Members on this thread.

Hoaching all over if you ask me.  :lol:

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47vm8yxlh7u8lhc25pk8a

And now that I have your attention People...

Please Donate to the RM Erskine Fund - it's what Good Bears do round these parts, and our Veterans have had it tough recently, and really need your support now more than ever.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/328092- -rangersmedia-erskine-fund-season-202021-annual-fundraiser-support-our-veterans/

Or you can just ignore me, but that just says more about you than it does about me.  :lol:

image.png.a535c3d5100815cc6be242bf9bb222d4.png

Archived