GVB

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, King Jela said:

When should Hibs have had a penalty actually? Where did you make that up from? And why haven't the 2 elbows and Portous clear foul and second booking not get a mention? 

🤣

Your tampon is in tight the day.

There is a pull on Doidge after our keeper made a save when he is running in for the rebound. Could have been a pen. But you k ow that already.

Not sure the two incidents were red cards. Certainly not Porteous one. Is excessive force used? Would you be unhappy if that was given against us?

Here is a crime to look into...

Gerrard recent record (as taken from another post)

Hibs- Played 4 won 1

Hearts- Played 5 won 2

Aberdeen- Played 5 won 2

Kilmarnock- Played 6 won 2

Gonna show me the refs to blame on those occasions?

31 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The linesmen is watching him 'arc his run' the whole time. He's clearly offside. The linesmen is staring at it the whole fucking time :lol: missing the 2 elbows right in front of him would've been too much for him as well. Poor guy. 

It's the wrong decision and its the sort of decision that VAR would maybe be handy for, because that's a hard one to catch in real time, imo. 

28 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

No, but crap officiating does cost teams titles. 

You have said you can see how the linesman can miss it, how does a coaching team then work around that? 

"right lads we need to work on offside today but not really because mind the linesman might miss it, so try and play offside, but not really"

The linesman made a cunt of it. 

They don't. The coaching team works on our squad creating and taking their chances so decisions like that don't matter, because they're always going to happen across the course of a season. 

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

They don't. The coaching team works on our squad creating and taking their chances so decisions like that don't matter, because they're always going to happen across the course of a season. 

That line is such a Hugh Keevinsish load of bollocks and it always has been....an official making poor decisions will more often than not be detrimental to a team.

A side can't out coach and out play poor decisions every single week, we managed it the week before but it will bite teams quite often. 

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

🤣

There is a pull on Doidge after our keeper made a save when he is running in for the rebound. Could have been a pen. But you k ow that already.

Not sure the two incidents were red cards. Certainly not Porteous one. Is excessive force used? Would you be unhappy if that was given against us?

Hibs- Played 4 won 1

Hearts- Played 5 won 2

Aberdeen- Played 5 won 2

Christ sake, what a meltdown you're having. 

It wasn't a penalty, even the ref couldn't make up a reason for that being a penalty. 2 clear elbows on our players, one of which was off the ball as well. 

What has Gerrard's stats in previous games against different teams have to do with anything I'm talking about? Did you see me anywhere defending his record? Or are you that raging you're just making up things in your head? 

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Christ sake, what a meltdown you're having. 

It wasn't a penalty, even the ref couldn't make up a reason for that being a penalty. 2 clear elbows on our players, one of which was off the ball as well. 

What has Gerrard's stats in previous games against different teams have to do with anything I'm talking about? Did you see me anywhere defending his record? Or are you that raging you're just making up things in your head? 

🤣 I'm having a meltdown. You're getting your fanny punched in all over the forum sweetheart.

You are blaming everything on the ref. I'm showing you that there is an alarming pattern where Gerrard's team seem to lose and drop points more frequently in these games. You canny see that. Even without the goal, they were looking like equalising....People have told you that but you then claim foul play and say "it's and buts" when in the same breath use its and buts about the ref. 

Re. The penalty claim they had, a lot of people have said it could have been within here and in the media. "On closer inspection he did look to have been pulled back via Rangers defender Borna Barisic left arm and a penalty could easily have been awarded."

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

🤣 I'm having a meltdown. You're getting your fanny punched in all over the forum sweetheart.

You are blaming everything on the ref. I'm showing you that there is an alarming pattern where Gerrard's team seem to lose and drop points more frequently in these games. You canny see that. Even without the goal, they were looking like equalising....People have told you that but you then claim foul play and say "it's and buts" when in the same breath use its and buts about the ref. 

Re. The penalty claim they had, a lot of people have said it could have been within here and in the media. "On closer inspection he did look to have been pulled back via Rangers defender Borna Barisic left arm and a penalty could easily have been awarded."

No one has actually succesfully argued with me about this yet without going into meltdown. I'm calm, I know I'm right. 

For a start, I never blamed everything on the ref. Our first goal conceded was fuck all to do with the ref. The ref literally booked 2 players for clear elbows. I'm blaming him for them not being down a couple of men for clear sending offs, according to the pesky rules. There was no penalty incident for Hibs. Made up nonsense. I never actually used the term 'ifs and buts' at any point. Another thing you were wrong about. I blamed the linesmen for allowing their second goal to stand, it was offside. Simple, even for you, as that. 

Again, I never defended Gerrard's record or excusing it. I'm talking about yesterday only. His record in other games have fuck all to do with yesterday. We dropped 2 points due to poor officiating. 

Don't know what's confusing you. The performance from the team is a seperate issue from officiating performances. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

That line is such a Hugh Keevinsish load of bollocks and it always has been....an official making poor decisions will more often than not be detrimental to a team.

A side can't out coach and out play poor decisions every single week, we managed it the week before but it will bite teams quite often. 

I don't know what you want me to tell you. The guy wasn't standing miles offside, it was a hard call on this occasion and the official got it wrong. This has happened every single season since the beginning of time and its not going to stop now. 

A side can stop caving when the slightest bit of pressure is applied the way we have every fucking season for the past 3 years.

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I don't know what you want me to tell you. The guy wasn't standing miles offside, it was a hard call on this occasion and the official got it wrong. This has happened every single season since the beginning of time and its not going to stop now. 

A side can stop caving when the slightest bit of pressure is applied the way we have every fucking season for the past 3 years.

If the linesman does his job and rules the goal out do we still "cave"? Do you know or did you just hear FOOOOUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR and are just going to pin a narrative to a game you didn't watch regardless. 

We struggled to get a manager in prior to Gerrard.  We got knocked back by McInnes and had to put a youth coach in charge because of it.  Why would GVB want the job next?  He comes in and the fans demand he win the league or he'll be labelled a failure and sacked which in turn damages his reputation and future prospects.  The job will become a poisoned chalice.  

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

We struggled to get a manager in prior to Gerrard.  We got knocked back by McInnes and had to put a youth coach in charge because of it.  Why would GVB want the job next?  He comes in and the fans demand he win the league or he'll be labelled a failure and sacked which in turn damages his reputation and future prospects.  The job will become a poisoned chalice.  

I don't think it would, it would always have a form of appeal to someone. 

We shouldn't keep Gerrard out of culture of fear, but he will be retained for a while yet from a place of sense 

14 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I don't think it would, it would always have a form of appeal to someone. 

It didn't.  Not when McInnes knocked the job back, not when we were putting a youth coach in charge, not when the board were asking people to hand in CVs and give power point presentations (which is what I'm told Pedro did to get the job).  There was no one out there willing to come in to our basket case of a club and take on Brendan Rodgers and his celtic team.  Gerrard was the one who stepped up to the challenge.  If Gerrard and his coaching staff were all axed today we go back in to free fall again.  Players may want to leave with him as is often the case.  The new manager (whoever the fuck that might be) then needs to sell and buy to get his own players in while trying to implement his own brand of football.  In short, we'd be handing celtic 10iar and there's no guarantee we'd be better off.

37 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

If the linesman does his job and rules the goal out do we still "cave"? Do you know or did you just hear FOOOOUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR and are just going to pin a narrative to a game you didn't watch regardless. 

Fuck sake man. I can't keep going over the same points a million times. I'm not sure how your dig is even relevant because, despite not watching the game, I have seen the incident. That has nothing to do with with the "narrative of the game.

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

It didn't.  Not when McInnes knocked the job back, not when we were putting a youth coach in charge, not when the board were asking people to hand in CVs and give power point presentations (which is what I'm told Pedro did to get the job).  There was no one out there willing to come in to our basket case of a club and take on Brendan Rodgers and his celtic team.  Gerrard was the one who stepped up to the challenge.  If Gerrard and his coaching staff were all axed today we go back in to free fall again.  Players may want to leave with him as is often the case.  The new manager (whoever the fuck that might be) then needs to sell and buy to get his own players in while trying to implement his own brand of football.  In short, we'd be handing celtic 10iar and there's no guarantee we'd be better off.

I find that a bit mellow dramatic. 

9 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

🤣

Hibs- Played 4 won 1

Hearts- Played 5 won 2

Aberdeen- Played 5 won 2

It wasn't as blatant as Helander getting hauled back at a corner though.

• 5 months later...
On 21/09/2020 at 12:55, SkylineBlue said:

I was playing golf so only seen the highlights and its not that clear. I can see how a linesman misses that in real time with the way the boy arcs his run. Blaming officials doesn't win titles. 

It was miles off btw 

Oh and 30 games unbeaten does :lol:

On 21/09/2020 at 13:28, Malkytfp1 said:

🤣

Hibs- Played 4 won 1

Hearts- Played 5 won 2

Aberdeen- Played 5 won 2

Played 30 won 26 mate.

I blame Jimmy bell

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Seems like a good time to bump this thread tbh :stevieg:

I noised up a couple of posters after you bumped this but I don't actually know why you have bumped it.

The thread was a typical over reaction after a draw.

Fs cunts go nuts for the fact that we concede a goal.

Just enjoy the title mate not this shite 

6 minutes ago, 7PointsUntilRFC55 said:

I noised up a couple of posters after you bumped this but I don't actually know why you have bumped it.

True, in my defence it popped up while I was searching for something else.

Funny to think that this was only five months ago :lol:

8 minutes ago, 7PointsUntilRFC55 said:

Tbf, one of the posters in this thread, a guy I like btw, has some fairly funky words for the gaffer and lays in to the rest of the support for backing him (as do others). Think a wee bit of good natured ribbing is fair enough for that. :craphead:

Just now, Bronzy said:

True, it’s funny to think though that it was only five months ago :lol:

This place is a fucking nut house.

"Need to learn to.grind out results"

Grind a result out "canae keep playing like.this, we are shite"

Conceded 8 or 9 league goals and cunts lose their shit when we concede a goal.

People actually do their dinger about team selections before a game starts (see poznan away) without letting the game play out.

There's countless threads and posts that are mind numbing and match threads are unreadable.

Just now, 7PointsUntilRFC55 said:

This place is a fucking nut house.

"Need to learn to.grind out results"

Grind a result out "canae keep playing like.this, we are shite"

Conceded 8 or 9 league goals and cunts lose their shit when we concede a goal.

People actually do their dinger about team selections before a game starts (see poznan away) without letting the game play out.

There's countless threads and posts that are mind numbing and match threads are unreadable.

I recall a certain poster who only seems to appear in match threads wanting Gerrard gone despite us having a decent lead in the league just because we were 1-0 down to Motherwell at the time :lol:

Archived