Bad Robot

Should we financially help other clubs   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Should we financially help other clubs

• Yes
    • No
    • A select few but mostly No
    • I don’t know

Sir David Murray showed no sympathy for Airdrieonians when he froze their asssets over a £30,000 bill in 2000 which effectively killed them off and put them into liquidation.

It was purely a business decision said he.

As I said previously, it is the survival of the strongest that matters in the businees world and football is very much a business.  Sad but true.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They lined up in 2012 to take a right good kick at Rangers on its knees, but Rangers, taken for dead, slowly got up off our knees, now strong we gave them another chance this year to expose the corruption in Scottish football, they decided they were happy with corruption, leave them to it.

6 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

They lined up in 2012 to take a right good kick at Rangers on its knees, but Rangers, taken for dead, slowly got up off our knees, now strong we gave them another chance this year to expose the corruption in Scottish football, they decided they were happy with corruption, leave them to it.

old-man-crying.gif

13 minutes ago, Billyblueblood said:

Sir David Murray showed no sympathy for Airdrieonians when he froze their asssets over a £30,000 bill in 2000 which effectively killed them off and put them into liquidation.

As I said previously, it is the survival of the strongest that matters in the businees world and football is very much a business.  Sad but true.

David Murray took out an interdict on Airdrie on behalf of his company Carnegie two years prior to Airdrie going tits up. It didn’t effectively kill them off, Bill Barr had more to do with that 👍

26 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

The SFA could get rid of the fat cats at the top and that would help. I posted earlier that the spfl could get rid of that cunt doncaster. That would also help. Do you think these cunts are in a bunker worrying about this?  Not a fucking chance. 

Supposing there was only one club left in this shit hole.
You can bet that bent bastard doncaster would still be lifting his £360,000 wage and £80,000 bonus till every last penny was rooked from the pot.

Horrible country run by horrible cunts in nearly every position.

5 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

You can bet that bent bastard doncaster would still be lifting his £360,000 wage and £80,000 bonus till every last penny was rooked from the pot.

This, you've got tarriers running about celebrating a title handed to them by a corrupt SFA, and all this under an snp regime North Korea wouldn't want compared to, place is an absolute shitehole. 

10 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Horrible country run by horrible cunts in every position.

I was about to give you a thumbs up Scotty until I read the Horrible country bit.

I agree that there are some assholes running the SFA and SFPL and even some of the same at Holyrood, but I love my country, it's where we live and die, bring up our families and of course Ibrox is located there. It's certainly where my heart is.

Pity I can't give you a half a thumbs up. :sarcasm:

10 minutes ago, Billyblueblood said:

I was about to give you a thumbs up Scotty until I read the Horrible country bit.

I agree that there are some assholes running the SFA and SFPL and even some of the same at Holyrood, but I love my country, it's where we live and die, bring up our families and of course Ibrox is located there. It's certainly where my heart is.

Pity I can't give you a half a thumbs up. :sarcasm:

This.

Some cunts have already surrendered to the SNP making a mockery of our country. 

49 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Its the lower league clubs I worry about - those teams that have existed for a long time as community clubs, they are not in this position due to their financial mismanagement, but for something totally unseen and unforecastable. As I have said when the chips are down we all as a community need to do a bit. Teams like East Fife don't have assets to sell, except for perhaps their ground. The government has a part to play, as does the SFA but also the community has a role to play. 

I do hope that the community clubs are protected in some form, but at grassroots levels rather than professional levels. 

I do get what you mean in the sense that as football clubs we are all part of that community and are stakeholders in the game and the responsibility for safe guarding it. 

My heart does say help our local clubs but the head says we need to look after our interests first. As you say, it is a different matter entirely if it's down to financial mismanagement.

The big issue with the government, spfl and football protecting the smaller clubs again comes to money. I'm just not sure how much of it there is to go around. Spfl should be the ones helping but the only way I can see them.being able to is soft loans or asking the premier league teams to sacrifice a % of prize money's in order to help.

Ironically Queens Park would have been fairly safe if they had retained their amateur status. 

50 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Well said mate

32 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Spot on! Fucking sesspit scotland is, run by imbeciles! just like the spfl and the sfa 

1 hour ago, Billyblueblood said:

Must admit I thought that was shocking by us - John Greig probs smoked 30k of cigars at the fans meeting around them years. 

if we done it now to a team I’d do cartwheels - but back then while Scotland held us in a lot more esteem, I wasn’t comfortable with it 

I’m not saying write it off - come to an arrangement 

30 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Must admit I thought that was shocking by us - John Greig probs smoked 30k of cigars at the fans meeting around them years. 

if we done it now to a team I’d do cartwheels - but back then while Scotland held us in a lot more esteem, I wasn’t comfortable with it 

I’m not saying write it off - come to an arrangement 

It was harsh, especially since Airdrie is a staunch Rangers stronghold, half their fans had a foot in Broomfield and the other foot at I brox. Maybe DM wanted their fans to tupe over at the time. :sarcasm:

Now that's good business.

2 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I do hope that the community clubs are protected in some form, but at grassroots levels rather than professional levels. 

I do get what you mean in the sense that as football clubs we are all part of that community and are stakeholders in the game and the responsibility for safe guarding it. 

My heart does say help our local clubs but the head says we need to look after our interests first. As you say, it is a different matter entirely if it's down to financial mismanagement.

The big issue with the government, spfl and football protecting the smaller clubs again comes to money. I'm just not sure how much of it there is to go around. Spfl should be the ones helping but the only way I can see them.being able to is soft loans or asking the premier league teams to sacrifice a % of prize money's in order to help.

Ironically Queens Park would have been fairly safe if they had retained their amateur status. 

Agreed - the SFA have a £8.8M reserve - time to use that reserve! 

Fuck no. After the last 8 years we should only focus on ourselves. Scottish Football would happily see us disappear so don't see why we should give a fuck about them. If they struggle then tough shit. If any Scottish club disappeared I wouldn't give a shit. 

I suppose I'm mostly thinking of premiership teams. There's the odd team in the lower leagues I'd have some respect for but still don't see why we should be helping any club out financially.

Archived