Steven Gerrard

Robmc1

Not all of us in the Rangers family are fans of the manager (I am), arguably (or not) we have underperformed against teams in the SPFL who run on a fraction of our own budget that we should really have run over. We all feel the disappointment of no domestic trophy’s to date, however not one of us can have anything but praise for the European performance and kudos ‘SG’ has brought back to the club following the dark times of 2012. Walter Smith and Graeme Souness commentating tonight from Ibrox brought back the memories of the pride and standing we once commanded in world football, let no one be under no illusion, the last 3 years in Europe from where we have been under ‘SG’ is nothing short of Superb...

If you haven’t already, watch the full interview with Walter and Souness.  Souness said Gerrard doesn’t have the budgets or ability to sign the quality of player they did so he’s done very well. Souness said once that first domestic trophy comes it’ll be one after the other.

It’s clear as day we’re progressing under Gerrard.  One or two quality players in and exceptional things will start to happen.  I hope we do some good business in the transfer market in the coming day’s.  This could be our year.

47 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Someone's taken the wind out of your sails. 

Lol, actually looked and missed it and was thinking he deserved a thread tonight, but fair play..... maybe he deserves the two 🙄😀...

I thought Souness explained it perfectly when the subject was brought up pre -game i think.

He said when you come up against other teams in the League most of them are made up of celtic supporters who want to beat you bad  and Rangers supporters who want to get noticed and maybe have a chance of getting a transfer to Rangers or just doing well against them , either way these teams raise their games against you and that is what makes every game difficult and unique.

1 minute ago, Canabear said:

I thought Souness explained it perfectly when the subject was brought up pre -game i think.

He said when you come up against other teams in the League most of them are made up of celtic supporters who want to beat you bad  and Rangers supporters who want to get noticed and maybe have a chance of getting a transfer to Rangers or just doing well against them , either way these teams raise their games against you and that is what makes every game difficult and unique.

I remember Kevin Thomson explaining it as when you come up against Rangers you know you have to be at your very best, which makes sense too.

4 minutes ago, Canabear said:

Not really buying that. The tarriers don’t seem to have the same problem if you flip it. 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The filthy rats who support them lay down to them all the fucking time.

Rangers fans have more honour and play their best against us.

True. But there’s obviously prods throughout the league as well. We can’t be looking for easy excuses, we only have ourselves to blame for winning fuckall in recent years. It must change this season and only we can make sure that happens 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

If you haven’t already, watch the full interview with Walter and Souness.  Souness said Gerrard doesn’t have the budgets or ability to sign the quality of player they did so he’s done very well. Souness said once that first domestic trophy comes it’ll be one after the other.

It’s clear as day we’re progressing under Gerrard.  One or two quality players in and exceptional things will start to happen.  I hope we do some good business in the transfer market in the coming day’s.  This could be our year.

It’s not “clear as day” domestically.

hes been outstanding on the European front but domestically it’s been the same as the first two seasons (finishing 9-12 points behind).

4 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

It’s not “clear as day” domestically.

hes been outstanding on the European front but domestically it’s been the same as the first two seasons (finishing 9-12 points behind).

We’re playing much better football this season.  I see no reason why we can’t go to Parkhead and win that first Old Firm game.  It seems like this team is in a very good place and there’s a unity and confidence there.  

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

We’re playing much better football this season.  I see no reason why we can’t go to Parkhead and win that first Old Firm game.  It seems like this team is in a very good place and there’s a unity and confidence there.  

I don’t doubt we will go to parkhead and win convincingly, it’s against the jobbers in the league with 10 men behind the ball that I worry about mate.

9 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I don’t doubt we will go to parkhead and win convincingly, it’s against the jobbers in the league with 10 men behind the ball that I worry about mate.

The manager has switched up the formation to make it more attacking.  We now have Roofe and Itten to help us and we didn’t last season.  We’ll bring in another player or two in the days ahead.    We’re still getting better.

26 minutes ago, TMB said:

The manager has switched up the formation to make it more attacking.  We now have Roofe and Itten to help us and we didn’t last season.  We’ll bring in another player or two in the days ahead.    We’re still getting better.

Hope we bring a midfielder in that can pick a pass out against a 10 man defence  and then I think we’ll be sorted.

Archived