New Rangers Store Opening in Buchanan Galleries

9 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

What's the deal with the shop down at St Enoch subway??

That away? 

Still there, just with last season stuff at reduced prices.

I went in, and they had the limited black top from last year but it was 5XL :lol:

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Brilliant news.

Getting opened so centrally and this side of Xmas will be great for additional revenue to the club.

The club doesn’t get any extra revenue.

Castore pay the £5m to us and anything they make on top of that goes to them. 

WE HAVE SEEN THE FIGURE OF £25MILLION SUGGESTED OVER THE FIVE YEARS. IS THAT REALISITIC FOR RANGERS TO ACHIEVE AND IS THERE IS AN INCENTIVE BASE THERE WHERE WE COULD ACHIEVE MORE?

In all of these deals, there are tiers. There is an element that is paid to the club up front, that is paid right on day one, which in this deal is about £3million. That amount has been paid already to the football club. Then, beyond that, we structure effectively profit shelves and revenue share where the club benefits materially from every single product that we sell. What we have done in the deal is put in tiers. I don’t want to get too boring. But the objective is that the more kit that Rangers sell, the more product that Rangers set, the more that Rangers earn back from that. They have the perfect incentive to work with Castore to release the kit without the 32Red logo on, the limited edition jersey, the mugs, the whisky, Rangers have a direct incentive. They will earn more then more we sell. We have set tiers which are ambitions and challenging for both ourselves as a partner and Rangers themselves because it needs to be a true partnership. In answer to the question ‘is £5million-a-year achievable?’ The short answer to that is absolutely yes. It is very achievable. I am very conscious as we enter this partnership, on day one of the partnership, of not raising expectations unduly because it is going to take effort, it is going to take consistent investment, not just from me and Castore but from the club, and as always we need the team to be successful on the pitch, which is that magic X Factor. But my goal, I am a competitive guy by nature, as is my brother, we have set ourselves the challenge. Why not get the club back to where it was in the 90s? We have got a clean slate from which to work from, we have got a phenomenal fan base, a phenomenal brand in Rangers Football Club and a club, on the pitch, that is certainly heading in the right direction and absolutely has the desire at every level of the club to challenging for trophies. If we get that mix right, and nothing is ever guaranteed in this world, we want to be taking it back to the level where the club is earning £7million, £8million, £9million plus, which is what it was in the 90s. For me, what a challenge, what an opportunity and we can’t wait to get started.

Is the new store, just basically a carbon copy of the store at Ibrox, any internal pictures?

Does anyone know the new stores opening times, they have not appeared on the website yet.

Is this store just temporary for the run up to Christmas?

James Bisgrove's next task should be trying to get all the other past merchandise sites for old Rangers gear offline. 

Archived