Kemar Roofe

Blue Nosed Babe

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m impressed by his ongoing support for his grass roots team from his local town too. He comes across as a solid family man who has his head screwed on and appreciates the good fortune he finds himself in, financially and football wise. Seems a good role model. I hope he does really well for us. 

On 07/12/2020 at 07:47, eskbankloyal said:

Just a quality footballer who, like Kent on the other side, isn’t shy to put the yards in for the team. A gem

Even if Kent's not playing well he still puts in a shift.

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Wasn’t this place awash with injury prone, dreadful signing comments?

In fairness. He did get injured early and looked well off the pace initially. Think fans would learn that players need time to get fit and settle in.

37 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

In fairness. He did get injured early and looked well off the pace initially. Think fans would learn that players need time to get fit and settle in.

I was talking about before he’d even played mate. His first game he was so far off the pace it was unbelievable.

Even if Morelos left I'd want Roofe playing in that attacking midfield role.  As an attacking midfielder behind the main striker Roofe could score 20+ this season.  Why change that?  The guy is brilliant doing the job he's in now.

6 hours ago, TMB said:

Even if Morelos left I'd want Roofe playing in that attacking midfield role.  As an attacking midfielder behind the main striker Roofe could score 20+ this season.  Why change that?  The guy is brilliant doing the job he's in now.

Agree with this, think Roofe has finally solved that right forward position so if Alfredo goes we 100% need another striker, hopefully someone with a bit of pace. 

12 hours ago, TMB said:

Surely Roofe is a forward and not an attacking midfielder in the current 433?

10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Spot on and due to the 433 we almost exclusively  play I think we will need to strengthen this area in the summer if we want to have two players for every position.

7 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Agree with this, think Roofe has finally solved that right forward position so if Alfredo goes we 100% need another striker, hopefully someone with a bit of pace. 

Unthinkable for me months ago but if Morelos was sold in January then I have confidence we already have the players in the squad to cover his sale adequately. 4 or 5 months of Itten and Defoe as our options in a position where goals are not urgently needed now like they were before.

Roofe has made that raumdeuter position on the right/left his own now. A class above anything we have had in 9/10 years imo.

19 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Apologies for the FM tactic lingo :lol: but that's essentially the role he is playing to a tee right now.

He is some player.

Like you said, he appears to be the best we’ve had in years.

Had my concerns when he first joined, but by Christ he’s put the work in to get fit and become the first name on Gerrard’s team sheet.

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Rangers play with one main CF.  I would class Kent and Roofe as wide attackers in the current system.  Morelos or Defoe out wide would be less effective than through the middle so it’s not as simple as just sticking a striker out wide and expecting them to do a job there.  Itten, to his credit, does his best when asked to fill in out wide.  Roofe performs that role as a wide attacker brilliantly.  When the window closed most agreed we needed someone for that right side role but Roofe’s filled in brilliantly.  He’s really intelligent with his movement and obviously has an eye for goal.  Roofe is a key player for us now.  Kent, Arfield, and Roofe, behind Morelos is the best attack we’ve had in a LONG time.  To think, we have young talent like Hagi and Aribo who can come in and compete for those places as well.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Unthinkable for me months ago but if Morelos was sold in January then I have confidence we already have the players in the squad to cover his sale adequately. 4 or 5 months of Itten and Defoe as our options in a position where goals are not urgently needed now like they were before.

Roofe has made that raumdeuter position on the right/left his own now. A class above anything we have had in 9/10 years imo.

We all wanted a “Kent quality player on the right” and now Roofe is upto speed I think we finally have that, if/when Morelos goes I still think we need another striker Defoe is 38 and Itten untested, I’d love a striker with pace to come in as I feel sometimes we try play Morelos in and his pace let’s him down, if we could get a pacy striker in that’s able to play right across and interchange with Kent and Roofe we’d be even more difficult to play against imo. 

5 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We all wanted a “Kent quality player on the right” and now Roofe is upto speed I think we finally have that, if/when Morelos goes I still think we need another striker Defoe is 38 and Itten untested, I’d love a striker with pace to come in as I feel sometimes we try play Morelos in and his pace let’s him down, if we could get a pacy striker in that’s able to play right across and interchange with Kent and Roofe we’d be even more difficult to play against imo. 

Somebody like Lovenkrands would be amazing. 

Always felt a bit bad for Lovenkrands because he was played out of position quite a bit. Great big game player though. 

Was amazing in champ man through the middle :lol:

15 minutes ago, Swally said:

Somebody like Lovenkrands would be amazing. 

Always felt a bit bad for Lovenkrands because he was played out of position quite a bit. Great big game player though. 

Was amazing in champ man through the middle :lol:

Or a Jamie Vardy type somebody with real pace, loved Lovenkrands and was always good for a goal against the tarriers 👌

Archived