A different way

Prso's headband

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Done it the hard way, I'm sure we'll get plaudits for our resilience. But that was fucking horrible from us.

Surely a bit strong there? Thought we were worth our win in the end. Huge improvement second half.

We have no right to be going through to the last 32 year on year, we’ve earned it again. Delighted.

Liege were right up for it tonight and rightly so. They knew they had to win to have any chance of qualifying.

You could say the pressure was off us as we only needed a point from our last 2 games to go through. Think Liege ran out of steam and we started to control the game 2nd half.

Just now, Marky. said:

Surely a bit strong there? Thought we were worth our win in the end. Huge improvement second half.

We have no right to be going through to the last 32 year on year, we’ve earned it again. Delighted.

There was much wrong about some individual performances, our mistakes, our failing to match their energy and drive. 

I think think the timing of our pen deflated them although they were better again at the start of the 2nd half.

We battled on, our character got us there in the end.

Delighted too.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There was much wrong about some individual performances, our mistakes, our failing to match their energy and drive. 

I think think the timing of our pen deflated them although they were better again at the start of the 2nd half.

We battled on, our character got us there in the end.

Delighted too.

Definitely agree. Feel like we improved big time second half though. When watching back without the natural nerves it was more comfortable than it seemed I think. First half was very much terrible though... yet, we can both be delighted.

Times just feel different just now. 😊

Love these beautiful bastards!

They are starting to show the mettle to give us belief that they are ready for 55. It would have been so easy to panic or to feel sorry for themselves but their character has shone through.

Thank fuck we weren’t in the stadium at 0-1 though :lol:

18 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Another challenge ticked off the list, brilliant second half. 

Doesn’t always need to be all out goals etc. 

Adaptability and mentality the big wins tonight. Brilliant, that’ll breed even more confidence 

must give us real confidence after the way we have been shafted over the years this Team and under SG this is a team fighting for one another  is going to carry us over to great things :rangers:

5 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Definitely agree. Feel like we improved big time second half though. When watching back without the natural nerves it was more comfortable than it seemed I think. First half was very much terrible though... yet, we can both be delighted.

Times just feel different just now. 😊

After the 3rd, we were cracking at times, til then we were at risk of losing. We started so poorly, and to lose the 2nd so quickly after scoring was criminal.

So I'm delighted our character and resilience got us through. But if we show the initial lethargy and mistakes that wont always be the case.

So its a delighted to be through but learn from it ASAP kind of result for me.

21 minutes ago, Raligt said:

Liege were right up for it tonight and rightly so. They knew they had to win to have any chance of qualifying.

You could say the pressure was off us as we only needed a point from our last 2 games to go through. Think Liege ran out of steam and we started to control the game 2nd half.

They played exactly as Gerrard's pre-match interview

PS: Benfica never ran out of steam - tonight we just got better & better.

25 minutes ago, Raligt said:

Exactly this, i think stamina wise we are brilliant at the moment and its why i was never really unexpecting of a win. The boys give it their all from the word go and they chase each ball, defend as a unit (most the time) and then still charge up the park at the 80+ minute. 

Only thing we should work on is game management like what happend vs Benfica but considering they are a class side and won 4-0 tonight its still great we managed a draw with them 

Archived