A Rare Foray into The Bears Den

Big V

7 hours ago, Big V said:

Hello hello all. Been a while. 

I haven't caught up recently so forgive me if I am beating a dead horse here but I came to acquire a sort of barometer of the people's opinion on the state of play.

Essentially, I would like to pose a few statements/questions and basically see if people feel similar. I may elaborate on my thoughts later in thread.

The first: "Big Stevie G: Media Handling 100% - the way that man conducts himself so well and so consistently is both laudable and a valuable asset for the club."

The second: "The Rangers are starting to feel like the real deal: this is a GOOD team."

The third: "Hagi:  One day he might surpass his dad."

The fourth: "A ten-in-a-row-bursting league title win: just how high up the legendary status will that put this team and their manager?"

The last: "G-Shrek's Gang: LOL"

Hope you all are doing well, or as well as can be expected in these surreal times.

What’s the shark fin on yer head all about pal? 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TamCoopz said:

Whilst I don’t disagree with what you say, barisic now offers set pieces and can cross from open play and he does it consistently, plus when he’s defending I think we see kamara over that side a lot which helps. But hagi clearly has ability, maybe he’ll be similar to Aribo in that he needs to bulk up slightly for the Scottish game?

Yeah I don't see any reason why Hagi won't come good, it's a confidence thing and he has a lot of great attributes in my view. I'm no expert though, maybe posters on here are spotting shortcomings that I am not.

Just now, RockwellGers said:

The Hagi family dog had a trial at Juventus imo

Do they eat dogs in Romania?

I read a story today about a local couple stopping a dug going to some butchers market in China, they got the dug took to greenock where it will be set on fire instead.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Do they eat dogs in Romania?

I read a story today about a local couple stopping a dug going to some butchers market in China, they got the dug took to greenock where it will be set on fire instead.

I love a heart warming tale, I'm welling up here tbh

14 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

You've been posting roughly the same amount of time so should remember him. Vinny was his username IIRC and back then you could get negative likes on the forum so one controversial post could decimate someones reputation score. Also back in a time when there wasn't too much to cheer about so downvotes were common as fuck.

To jog your memory I'm pretty sure he's the guy who actively tried to get TBB back in to the songbook with a word change but got shot down in the end. Never really posted much after that I don't think. 

Thanks Jamie. Can't remember the negatives thing.

On 05/12/2020 at 21:41, Barasa said:

Don't know the guy, but low likes % for the post count. Must be a bore?

I have been accused of many things, but I've never been accused of being boring, although I do aspire to a boring life, hopefully one day I'll achieve my dream.

On 05/12/2020 at 23:27, Sket said:

The weirdo returns

Yes, that is a fair assessment of the situation.

On 06/12/2020 at 00:04, Jamie0202 said:

You've been posting roughly the same amount of time so should remember him. Vinny was his username IIRC and back then you could get negative likes on the forum so one controversial post could decimate someones reputation score. Also back in a time when there wasn't too much to cheer about so downvotes were common as fuck.

To jog your memory I'm pretty sure he's the guy who actively tried to get TBB back in to the songbook with a word change but got shot down in the end. Never really posted much after that I don't think. 

Aye all true, and I said some pretty controversial stuff too. On forums as in life I am either hit or miss in spectacular ways.

I didn't stop posting because the failure of the TBB Committee actually my life turned into an insane roller coaster for a few years there, some really bad shit happened, and then some worse shit happened, and well you get the idea. I return at an all time low point for me personally; grasping at straws for something positive. Despite the abuse I used to get I also laughed hard sometimes reading things on here. I came here to see what it was like when things were going well for the Gers (just as soon as I accepted that fact myself after all these years). As I came here originally when we were at our lowest point looking to connect with people who could understand what it felt like. 

Archived