Rangers Women

Clemdog

23 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

No word yet on TV. 

All the group games are going to be shown on PAOK TV on Youtube.

Last season’s title victory secured Gers their place in the Champions Path of the elite competition. Here’s a look at what lies ahead for Rangers this week.

Round 1 is played in a mini-tournament format, which will be hosted by PAOK in Greece.

Malky Thomson’s side will play a semi-final at 7pm (UK time) on Thursday against Hungarian champions Ferencvaros at Katerini Municipal Stadium.

PAOK and Swansea City will play each other in the other Group 2 semi-final on Thursday afternoon.

The two semi-final winners will then face each other in Sunday’s final in a bid for a place in Round Two of the competition. The other two teams will also be in action on Sunday in a third/fourth place match.

All Group 2 matches will be streamed live via AC PAOK TV on YouTube.

It’s set to be an exciting week for the Light Blues and we will be bringing you all the build-up, reaction and exclusive interviews from our Greece base on our official club channels.

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/article/Rangers-head-to-greece-for-champions-league-football/2i50vuuETdnVAeUo5lA8AE

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

I saw the second half and thought it was very poor.  Obviously pleased with a Rangers team winning but the quality of the football was mostly awful.  I find it hard to believe that they are professionals.  

I think a lot of that was due to that pitch, hardly the best for flowing football.

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I saw the second half and thought it was very poor.  Obviously pleased with a Rangers team winning but the quality of the football was mostly awful.  I find it hard to believe that they are professionals.  

These are players that until a year or two ago were paying to play. You're also talking about women who systematically haven't had training from early ages to the same level as lads, and even at the top level have coaches who wouldn;t be coaching women's football if they were good enough for the men's game. So there's clearly going to be a massive difference in levels of quality between the men's and women's games.