Club's PRbor lack of it

rabc10000

Hi guys.

Totally unsure about a title thread but here's the background.

12th August youngest daughter whose only 8 was diagnosed with leukemia. 

Cutting to the chase I spoke to a couple of members in here about contacting the club about a possible get well card.  However despite contacting the sender and Rangers charity foundation I never received a single reply from the club in any form whatsoever.

What really pains me is that my daughter despite being in hospital for the best part of 4 full month's is she has had 5 zoom video calls from various celtic players along with various goodie bags, merchandise and numerous gifts.

While I genuinely accept the good will from them I really are very disappointed that my/our own club have not been in touch with the children's hospital at all. Pains me that in her toughest time she will remember all the goodwill from them and not s thing from our team.

Anyway rent over

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I hope your wee princess is ok but it does sound pretty poor and maybe you should hand tried the fans rep on here 

No sure who the fans rep is on here unless it's the boy who runs the stadium bar??

However govanblue helped out initially so big thanks where it's due. Just really annoyed to an extent and frustrated I now have an 8, year old daughter who has had everything celtic wise thrown at her. Not only celtic but some rugby team I believe glasgow warriors  along with Patrick thistle as well

Mate I really hope your daughter and your family has the best Christmas possible.

Shocked to learn the lack of response from the club as I know they always try to do all they can in these circumstances.

easier said than done but please don’t let it get in the way of you trying to make the most of this time of year.

lots of love to yourself and your family x 

Just now, MattyBlue said:

Mate I really hope your daughter and your family has the best Christmas possible.

Shocked to learn the lack of response from the club as I know they always try to do all they can in these circumstances.

easier said than done but please don’t let it get in the way of you trying to make the most of this time of year.

lots of love to yourself and your family x 

Cheers mate and of course it won't, only the team can do they which  not expecting over next 2 weeks.  

Same goes to @Bad RobotRobot as well. Appreciate the kind words 

Might be Covid, might be other pressures on staff - who knows but it seems that someone has dropped the ball big time - that response is very unlike Rangers. I think when the people that matter hear this, they will be very unhappy.

Above all, I wish your daughter the very best and that the whole family can have the best Christmas possible.

I would try again, perhaps through the SLO, on Monday or Tuesday.

Take care and I hope 2021 is a much happier year for you all.

15 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Might be Covid, might be other pressures on staff - who knows but it seems that someone has dropped the ball big time - that response is very unlike Rangers. I think when the people that matter hear this, they will be very unhappy.

Above all, I wish your daughter the very best and that the whole family can have the best Christmas possible.

Thnx mate and yeah 2021 surely can't be worse than the last 6 months or so.

Totally get what u mean and I did think it was unusual that we/Toni was never offered the zoom calls with the players at all. Initially I thought we were unlucky with the timing but after being in here since early August I began to think otherwise.

Also the slo was tagged in my initial posts along with the other member whose family member was worse of than myself but personally I never seen any reply whatsoever 

7 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I really hope this is the case because as you say it is very unRangerslike, to rabc10000 i wish you the best of everything mate and your daughter is driving you mad soon like any 8 year old does, roll on a better 2021.

Rab 

Terrible circumstances and you're right to think the club could do something to bring a bit of excitement and happiness to your young un.  I'm sure there's folk in here who can help out, and will.

I wish you, your daughter and your family every ounce of health and joy in 2021.

No surrender. 

11 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

No sure who the fans rep is on here unless it's the boy who runs the stadium bar??

However govanblue helped out initially so big thanks where it's due. Just really annoyed to an extent and frustrated I now have an 8, year old daughter who has had everything celtic wise thrown at her. Not only celtic but some rugby team I believe glasgow warriors  along with Patrick thistle as well

Yes the SLO but you did say you tagged him but probably better trying again at the start of next week 

Anyone who has been on here for a long time will know I had a close contact at the club, anyway when my best mate died Rangers gave us a top signed by all the players for him to be buried in and also one for the auction to raise funds for his kids. It used to be a thing the club done well so it's disappointing to know its changed like this. 

Celtic also donated a top for raffle but charged us 50 quid for the chance to do so.

I contacted the boy I know to try arrange something for my mates grandad but got nothing. My mates Mrs had to basically shame them into doing what we had asked. I don't know why it's so bad these days.

What I will say is though the only thing that matters is your wee yins health mate so all the best to her and yous.

Hope everything works out Rab , regards your daughter .Best wishes today as well bruv

Not like Rangers to let the fans down mind.................... , or in your instance , Your poorly daughter 

I hope the Club make it up to your daughter . It shouldn't be a lot to ask , a little aknowledgement 

Almost everyone who works in offices at Ibrox including admin and the charity foundation have been furloughed.

So bottom line, is that there is nobody there to deal with your request, or any other requests.

The country is sadly in the midst of a killer epidemic and unfortunately, many things have had to suffer. The Rangers Charity Foundation have an excellent reputation for going the extra mile, especially where kids are concerned. Having a pop it them in 2020 is a bit of a low blow.

If you want to compare anything that our club does compared to the bheasts, then you have no place in here in my opinion.

I've chosen my words carefully.

20 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Hi guys.

Totally unsure about a title thread but here's the background.

12th August youngest daughter whose only 8 was diagnosed with leukemia. 

Cutting to the chase I spoke to a couple of members in here about contacting the club about a possible get well card.  However despite contacting the sender and Rangers charity foundation I never received a single reply from the club in any form whatsoever.

What really pains me is that my daughter despite being in hospital for the best part of 4 full month's is she has had 5 zoom video calls from various celtic players along with various goodie bags, merchandise and numerous gifts.

While I genuinely accept the good will from them I really are very disappointed that my/our own club have not been in touch with the children's hospital at all. Pains me that in her toughest time she will remember all the goodwill from them and not s thing from our team.

Anyway rent over

I’m sorry to hear about your pride and joy. Sadly we lack in this big time as a club.

good luck to you and you wee daughter 💙

10 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Anyone who has been on here for a long time will know I had a close contact at the club, anyway when my best mate died Rangers gave us a top signed by all the players for him to be buried in and also one for the auction to raise funds for his kids. It used to be a thing the club done well so it's disappointing to know its changed like this. 

celtic also donated a top for raffle but charged us 50 quid for the chance to do so.

I contacted the boy I know to try arrange something for my mates grandad but got nothing. My mates Mrs had to basically shame them into doing what we had asked. I don't know why it's so bad these days.

What I will say is though the only thing that matters is your wee yins health mate so all the best to her and yous.

Totally agree and thankfully things are looking better for her now than they were a few months back. Was more disappointed than anything leaving the room to go outside for a bit knowing she was having those zoom videos then coming back to see her with all this celtic gear 

6 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Almost everyone who works in offices at Ibrox including admin and the charity foundation have been furloughed.

So bottom line, is that there is nobody there to deal with your request, or any other requests.

The country is sadly in the midst of a killer epidemic and unfortunately, many things have had to suffer. The Rangers Charity Foundation have an excellent reputation for going the extra mile, especially where kids are concerned. Having a pop it them in 2020 is a bit of a low blow.

If you want to compare anything that our club does compared to the bheasts, then you have no place in here in my opinion.

Appreciate the words but going by your estimation I guess I have no place on this forum then, not really much else I can say

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Totally agree and thankfully things are looking better for her now than they were a few months back. Was more disappointed than anything leaving the room to go outside for a bit knowing she was having those zoom videos then coming back to see her with all this celtic gear 

Naw a get that mate.

My wee mate @Mr Sopranohad to get onto the SLO for an issue I had.

He ignored my emails and it took the aforementioned poster to sort it for.me.and it was done in days.

Maybe if you don't have twitter but know a bear who does get him.to message or worse, if you know a tarrier get him to shame him into it on twitter.

Wish I could help mate but all the best to your family and the wee yin.

If you do a raffle I've an old 2000 red away top I'll donate in size small man's if you want it. Its in pristine condition  

6 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

All the poster has done is said Celtic have gone above and beyond for his unwell little girl whilst nobody at Rangers has got back to him. 

Was the SLO furloughed? Isn’t this within his remit? 

Archived