Helander

RockwellGers

8 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

The problem is his pace, it’s been said that the management team think if he had pace he would be playing for a top 6 team in the EPL. I think the system we play with 2 full backs bombing on leaves our centre haves exposed to pace down the sides. Against the better teams this is an issue.

i think he’s a great centre half but I think our system exposes his only weakness which is unfortunate 

Spot on in theory...due to his lack of pace and our system you always fear he’ll be caught out but he reads it so well and Goldson’s pace on the cover means we’re rarely exposed.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Only my opinion but I think Helander would have positioned himself to cut out the cross last week in the Motherwell goal - thought Balogun could have done better 

I thought the same about St Mirren's second in the League Cup. Helander would have had read the ball across that day and positioned himself for it!

1 hour ago, Iggy666 said:

YB, Leverkusen 2nd leg and the filth in  the final. 3 games in 34. Never lost a league game with him in defence. Unreal stat. 😳

And in the LC final our good defensive line was undone by a fucking useless lineman!

He can walk 20 yards in the time it takes a fast player to run the same distance just by where he stands 

He would never have never have done what Bitton did to Morelos - ever - he would have walked 5 yards closer to his keeper and let it become a 2 v 1 rather than getting stuck like that as close to the touchline

He has 5 yards in his head 

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

Only my opinion but I think Helander would have positioned himself to cut out the cross last week in the Motherwell goal - thought Balogun could have done better 

Helanders positional sense is far better than Baloguns. His pace isn't great, but if weighing it up. Helander edges it for me between the two. 

30 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

He can walk 20 yards in the time it takes a fast player to run the same distance just by where he stands 

He would never have never have done what Bitton did to Morelos - ever - he would have walked 5 yards closer to his keeper and let it become a 2 v 1 rather than getting stuck like that as close to the touchline

He has 5 yards in his head 

The exact same scenario to Bitton happened in the first half because I remember thinking about that at the time. Except he played it perfectly.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its dead simple. 

If you want to make a point, make the point. If you want to ask a question then do so. Questions have question marks at the end of the text.

If you want to be a fanny, then same old, same old.

:lol: from the connoisseurs of fannies - now that is an insult  

Archived