Helander

RockwellGers

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helander for me, but Balogun is an exceptional back up.

Read somewhere yesterday that we are yet to lose a league game with Helander in the first 11 since he signed back in July ‘19

If correct, it tells you all you need to know.

17 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I think Balogun a bit more than back up with the number of games he’s played 

I think part of that is due to injuries and managing Helander's workload.  If both players are fit, we got to start with Helander.  Both are good defenders but Helander is more composed and the rest of the defence seem to play better when he plays.

6 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Mind when he first arrived there was patter going about that he was a total dumpling?

Big mans been class, long may it continue.

People slagged Balogun as well saying that we showed a lack of ambition in signing him.

Sure @British_Empire was one of his biggest critics before he even kicked a ball 😂

Can see Helander going for big money in the future just hope that he and the rest of the first team stay for a crack at the Champions league. 

On 24/01/2021 at 21:37, DBBTB said:

No he was just shite against Benfica and was rightfully slated for it. It doesn’t and never did make him a bad player.

Too many people fawned over balogun after one decent game at start of the season, without looking at the bigger picture of how better others play when helander is playing

Archived