Domestic European Football

Ac Milan go to top of serie a with a 1-0 win in Naples.

I was actually shocked to learn they’ve only won two league titles since the turn lf the century.  2003/04 and 2010/11.  Thought that great team of the mid 2000’s would have won more.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Ac Milan go to top of serie a with a 1-0 win in Naples.

I was actually shocked to learn they’ve only won two league titles since the turn lf the century.  2003/04 and 2010/11.  Thought that great team of the mid 2000’s would have won more.

They won the Champions league at half time

23 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

At one point PSG had a free kick on the edge of the box and when Messi & Neymar stepped up to take it they were bombarded with boos. 

I can’t make up my mind on whether it’s the squad that isn’t good enough overall or if it’s the management team.

28 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

At one point PSG had a free kick on the edge of the box and when Messi & Neymar stepped up to take it they were bombarded with boos. 

I can’t make up my mind on whether it’s the squad that isn’t good enough overall or if it’s the management team.

I said to a tarrier in my work after psg scudded them they'd never win the champions League. I dont see anything that will change that opinion

They're a collection of individuals not a team 

6 hours ago, JM1872 said:

Messi & Neymar getting it very tight from crowd today so far.

Neither of them help much in defense and when you add Mbappe to that its 3 people spending their time in the opposition half. That might be okay against the likes of Brest and Clermont, but in big games like Real M, it matters.

For PSG fans Mbappe is one of their own, but when it comes to Messi, who is like the God of football and has 2 goals in Ligue 1 this season, and Neymar - who amazingly has less than 90 league appearances for PSG in 5 years(mostly due carnavals and his sister bday) - the situation is quite different and rightly so. 

Its more about mentality than the attacking players not being defensive.

They were cruising vs Madrid, Messi was running the show, then Donnarumma made a howler and they shat the bed.

Second goal there was 6 PSG players in the box vs two from Real, Marquinhos defending was disgraceful.

Losing the third goal straight from their kick off had nothing to do with the front players either.

Also PSG fans are forgetting Mbappe is desperate to leave and go to Real.

Mad how little has been said about this

Royal Union Saint-Gilloise were only promoted this year and have run away with the Belgian top flight - after 48 years out!

They’re Belgium’s 3rd most successful club and the last of their 11 titles was in 1935

CD5ABB3C-1078-48DC-9C72-447D454D40B5.png

19 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Royal Union Saint-Gilloise were only promoted this year and have run away with the Belgian top flight - after 48 years out!

They’re Belgium’s 3rd most successful club and the last of their 11 titles was in 1935

Shower a tarrier cunts 

30 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

They have a guy called Dante Vanzeir who is definitely worth a look - he's a 23 year old winger who has been played off the striker for them this year (they play a 3-5-2) and he has 33 goals in 45 games in his 1.5 years with them. Came through Genk's youth system and has 1 cap for Belgium

Him + Undav up top are big reasons why they're doing so well (they sold Undav to Brighton for €6m but got him back on loan immediately), rest of their team is pretty average, loads of journey men 

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They have a guy called Dante Vanzeir who is definitely worth a look - he's a 23 year old winger who has been played off the striker for them this year (they play a 3-5-2) and he has 33 goals in 45 games in his 1.5 years with them. Came through Genk's youth system and has 1 cap for Belgium

Him + Undav up top are big reasons why they're doing so well (they sold Undav to Brighton for €6m but got him back on loan immediately), rest of their team is pretty average, loads of journey men 

I'm pretty sure the guy who owns Brighton owns them as well.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm pretty sure the guy who owns Brighton owns them as well.

Just Googled it - you're right. Explains that transfer deal then!

52 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Imagine they end up losing in the championship playoffs after all that.

42 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Aw I forgot they have that nonsense 

Better than their older system

The amateur leagues were incorporated and there was about 12 regional divisions with 1 promotion

After the next game they get their points cut in half and the top 4 play each other home and away.

Brugge last year were 16 points clear at the split then scraped home on goal difference as they only won one play off game :lol: