Domestic European Football

20 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don't know how you can say that tbh. We were beaten comfortably in the end by Slavia over two legs and they got pumped by Arsenal who in turn went out to Vilarreal.

I can understand us saying it if we went narrowly out to one of these teams that are in the final. 

Yes we got beat, what I'm saying is we are better than we showed against them imo, if we'd met them earlier in the season we'd have done more, we seemed to run out of steam against them, Im confident if we get them in the qualifiers we'll beat them.

I liked Euro 2004.

Not a patch on Euro 2000, but Holland v Czech Republic, England v France, Croatia v France, England v Croatia and Denmark v Sweden were all brilliant games of football.

Granted most of the knockout games were rubbish but I actually enjoyed watching Greece win it. They basically played a style of football that everyone had forgotten to play against.

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I liked Euro 2004.

Not a patch on Euro 2000, but Holland v Czech Republic, England v France, Croatia v France, England v Croatia and Denmark v Sweden were all brilliant games of football.

Granted most of the knockout games were rubbish but I actually enjoyed watching Greece win it. They basically played a style of football that everyone had forgotten to play against.

That Czech team were amazing. Baros was quite an average player for Liverpool but he was immense in that tournament.

Just now, bluenoz said:

I'm not a Man U fan by any stretch but I hate Spanish teams and the brutal Spanish cops.

Hoping for a Cavani winner.

I dont really give a fuck who wins it, but the thought of a team form a small town of 50k people winning the Europa against the biggest club in world football is quite a romantic thought.

37 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don't know how you can say that tbh. We were beaten comfortably in the end by Slavia over two legs and they got pumped by Arsenal who in turn went out to Vilarreal.

I can understand us saying it if we went narrowly out to one of these teams that are in the final. 

We were still in the tie until Roofe got sent off. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Google imo

No no no Google I swear.

When I was a wee boy I got the Match 2005 annual and it had a spot a player photoshopped amongst fans thing and it was Holland and Latvia fans in Bragas stadium.

People latch on to Gerrard saying we were beat by the better side. i doubt he actually thought that. He was being diplomatic to take away from sounding like a poor loser because of the Kamara incident.

The game was very much still in the balance until Roofe got sent off. I've always thought Slavia got too much credit.

With some luck, we could have got to the final.

Maybe we get to Albania in '22

Just now, bluenoz said:

People latch on to Gerrard saying we were beat by the better side. i doubt he actually thought that. He was being diplomatic to take away from sounding like a poor loser because of the Kamara incident.

The game was very much still in the balance until Roofe got sent off. I've always thought Slavia got too much credit.

With some luck, we could have got to the final.

Maybe we get to Albania in '22

💯 mate.