Full backs.

beararse

Bassey on fire!!!

I just find him and Patterson exciting to watch and along with Hagi, Wright, Roofe, add so much to our game. No ponderous shit with that crew. Their energy levels alone are adding to our game. Throw in their ability and what's not to like?

We done our thing last season and it worked, whilst the scum imploded. However, resting on past glories won't win us anything as we've seen. the format always needs freshened if we are to move forward and improve.

Most of the regular starters played a number of games way beyond the call as the Gaffer persisted in using pretty much the same starting line up. I think some just need a break both physically and mentally from it, as we have looked so stale. Just need to get them hungry again.

Whilst the league remains the priority, we have to add to that, so we are lucky to have such worthy replacements for the heroes of last season. 

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah but really you've got to include it, it's in the stats. I'm just saying there's obviously more to their play than stats, but it's wrong to deduct based on it not being a great assist 🤣

I'd have no qualms Patterson retaining his jersey, but do think Tav is still ahead of him plus is the captain so its unlikely he'll be dropped.

And all this does is stalls Patterson's development. The odd token game here or their does him no good whatsoever. Have a feeling Patterson is going to be another who leaves for pennies then goes for silly money 18-24 months later.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Interesting that it’s “Bassey and Patterson should keep their places” based on their performances last night but at the same time people are trying to downplay Lundstram playing well because “it’s only Dunfermline”.

Quite a deflection from you there. Is it too difficult to give the two young lads some praise?

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Interesting that it’s “Bassey and Patterson should keep their places” based on their performances last night but at the same time people are trying to downplay Lundstram playing well because “it’s only Dunfermline”.

It really is, especially when you consider that Bassey, Patterson, Lundstram and the system they played in all helped each other have good games!

22 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

I've been saying this in here for weeks now. Next summer I think his value drops as he will be 30. After his stats and success last season now is the time to sell for maximum value 

What's his max value?. Has any club even declared an interest in borna? 

9 hours ago, ESWF said:

Patterson isn’t on the same level as Tavernier. If he continues to develop the way we all hope they he may well.

Rubbish mate. If Tav tried to whip in a cross and a midget was the first defender, that midget is gonna have a sore face.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Lundstram was written off before he signed. Too many people listening to bitter Sheffield United supporters. See if he had signed a new deal at Bramall Lane, their support would have been happy. There wasn’t one player at SU that performed last season. Not Fleck not Sander Berge.  

I get Bassey keeping his place. He had a positive pre season and Barisic doesn’t look anywhere near his self. 

Writing any player off after two competitive starts is bat shit mental. 

28 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Rubbish mate. If Tav tried to whip in a cross and a midget was the first defender, that midget is gonna have a sore face.

Aye, let’s forget all those excellent deliveries and assists from wide areas. I think Patterson is a real talent but he’s not on Tav’s level. 

1 hour ago, gazza27 said:

What's his max value?. Has any club even declared an interest in borna? 

No one knows and he's only worth what anyone is willing to pay. However the worrying thing is that our captain after the season we just had and his contribution and their appears to be next to no interest at all. In fact Alfie aside their has been next to no interest in any of our players which is very worrying indeed.   

8 minutes ago, ESWF said:

Aye, let’s forget all those excellent deliveries and assists from wide areas. I think Patterson is a real talent but he’s not on Tav’s level. 

I'm not disagreeing with you mate. When Tav is on it, he's one of the best. Right now though, he's not on it.

Just now, 1NachoNovo said:

I'm not disagreeing with you mate. When Tav is on it, he's one of the best. Right now though, he's not on it.

And who’s on it? No one. Drop them all?

We won 5-0 last night. Three defeats on the trot put to bed. Forgotten. Done with. Important game on Thur then Sun. let’s look forward not backwards. Players have earned that. Our pre season was hit big time. No Portugal, no training base, pre season games unorganised. The Slavia game last season hampered our qualifiers with Balogun, Roofe & Glen all suspended along with injuries. By the way that is no excuse for a defeat to Malmo > we should have had enough to beat them. 
We still have four competitions to try and win. It’s August. After last night we move on and up the gears. Another positive in the EL qualifiers on Thursday and we head to Dingwall in confidence.

I think the team looked a bit fresher with Bassey and Patterson in the team, I know it was only Dunfermline but teams are setting up against Barasic and Tav in certain ways now because we've never really change our way of playing, the two deputies are more of an unknown for teams, that coupled with Barasic and Tav maybe still trying to find their best form.

3 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I think the team looked a bit fresher with Bassey and Patterson in the team, I know it was only Dunfermline but teams are setting up against Barasic and Tav in certain ways now because we've never really change our way of playing, the two deputies are more of an unknown for teams, that coupled with Barasic and Tav maybe still trying to find their best form.

Your last few lines sums it all up and it’s not only Tav & Barisic. The whole team. Our pre season wasn’t great. Look at last pre season. Even prior to that where covid hit us yet the players were at home training and on their toes. This summer we have international competitions, injuries, suspensions and no early qualifying rounds.

6 minutes ago, ESWF said:

And who’s on it? No one. Drop them all?

We won 5-0 last night. Three defeats on the trot put to bed. Forgotten. Done with. Important game on Thur then Sun. let’s look forward not backwards. Players have earned that. Our pre season was hit big time. No Portugal, no training base, pre season games unorganised. The Slavia game last season hampered our qualifiers with Balogun, Roofe & Glen all suspended along with injuries. By the way that is no excuse for a defeat to Malmo > we should have had enough to beat them. 
We still have four competitions to try and win. It’s August. After last night we move on and up the gears. Another positive in the EL qualifiers on Thursday and we head to Dingwall in confidence.

Like I said mate, I'm not disagreeing with you. I do see the irony though with you saying we forget the past, by bringing up the past. Well played :tu:

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Quite a deflection from you there. Is it too difficult to give the two young lads some praise?

Pointing out that people seem to be picking and choosing the importance of the game based on their personal opinions of the players who played in it isn’t deflection. :lol:

All three played well last night, but the chances are the two younger players will drop out for the game on Thursday because more often than not managers turn to their more experienced players for a big game. 

I’d hope Bassey keeps his place. Gerrard has to reward a player in form irrespective of his age or who he is behind. Will continue to stick by our captain over Patterson. I’d have not qualms should the gaffer put Patterson ahead of Tav as I rate and trust NP to deliver. He is an outstanding talent. 

24 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Pointing out that people seem to be picking and choosing the importance of the game based on their personal opinions of the players who played in it isn’t deflection. :lol:

All three played well last night, but the chances are the two younger players will drop out for the game on Thursday because more often than not managers turn to their more experienced players for a big game. 

I just wanted to hear you say that they played well, that's all. 😀  They will drop out on Thursday but they shouldn't which is the reason of the thread.

People don't like change. It was the same with Lee Wallace to an extent. I get the loyalty.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I just wanted to hear you say that they played well, that's all. 😀  They will drop out on Thursday but they shouldn't and which is the reason of the thread.

People don't like change. It was the same with Lee Wallace to an extent. I get the loyalty.

People don’t like change yet there is always call for change after one bump. 

2 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

And all this does is stalls Patterson's development. The odd token game here or their does him no good whatsoever. Have a feeling Patterson is going to be another who leaves for pennies then goes for silly money 18-24 months later.

If Patterson can get 20 to 30 appearances this term, then command the position next term, become Scotland RB, then he'll go for more than Tierney did should he leave.

He's had a handful of games and is behind the captain. He'll get there but imo Tav is still the best RB in the league.

The only ones who'll know how much game time NP needs to satisfy his progress this season are inside Ibrox. I'm happy to trust the process, the kid seems to be doing fine and happy where he's at.

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I just wanted to hear you say that they played well, that's all. 😀  They will drop out on Thursday but they shouldn't which is the reason of the thread.

Another defeat with the usual suspects back in, that will soon evaporate.

9 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If Patterson can get 20 to 30 appearances this term, then command the position next term, become Scotland RB, then he'll go for more than Tierney did should he leave.

He's had a handful of games and is behind the captain. He'll get there but imo Tav is still the best RB in the league.

The only ones who'll know how much game time NP needs to satisfy his progress this season are inside Ibrox. I'm happy to trust the process, the kid seems to be doing fine and happy where he's at.

We’ll need at least a couple of successful sales to the EPL for over £10m before we get over £25m for anyone. 

10 hours ago, DBBTB said:

2 big games this season, 2 defeats, with the "experienced" players, maybe its time to let the youth go for it,