Full backs.

beararse

5 minutes ago, JuliusC said:

This season's defensive record isn't imaginary either. Not forgetting the many miraculous saves McGregor made to stop us dropping points last season. That might not happen again.

New season, new slate. Can't be basking in past glories.

We need to much improve to get back on track and for me, the usual suspects aren't doing it. Three losses against shite and they should be out, especially in what they are being replaced with are adding more value in energy, attitude and varied play.

McGregor has been pretty poor so far this season too. Should start Robby McCrorie on Thursday night. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

McGregor has been pretty poor so far this season too. Should start Robby McCrorie on Thursday night. 

You chose sarcasm rather than suggesting McLaughlin which would have given you a legit argument. 

People calling for Patterson to start have a case.

There are two sides to the full back debate but some refuse to acknowledge it.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Statistics don't tell the whole story. If you take the majority of corners, free kicks and penalties of course the numbers will eventually be inflated. 

Try watching the game instead of reading it.

I have watched games, and I've also said it's not all about stats. They dont tell the full story as you could lay a dozen on a plate for a striker who fluffs them all and get no recognition. But JBJ  was ignoring an assist as it wasn't a decent one in his eyes ffs 🤣.

So if we talk about big impact moments, not just assists, what were Pattersons in a game where he had plenty opportunity and one we dominated (and btw I think he played well overall)?

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You chose sarcasm rather than suggesting McLaughlin which would have given you a legit argument. 

McLaughlin has been equally as poor so I opted against suggesting him to replace McGregor. 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I have watched games, and I've also said it's not all about stats. They dont tell the full story as you could lay a dozen on a plate for a striker who fluffs them all and get no recognition. But JBJ  was ignoring an assist as it wasn't a decent one in his eyes ffs 🤣.

So if we talk about big impact moments, not just assists, what were Pattersons in a game where he had plenty opportunity and one we dominated (and btw I think he played well overall)?

Wait hold on, the reason i didnt include his assist for Wrights goal is because he fluffed his header, it was pure luck that it landed at wrights feet and he was able to finish, 

But again stats aren't everything as i was told on here in the summer while arguing that hagi would be a bigger loss than aribo, in the malmo ties and united game tav was dung, no it wasnt down to strikers missing hundreds of gilt edged chances, it was tav and barisic's crossing that was at best, abysmal, 

Tav hasn't played well in the last 3 games he played, not just stats wise, but when you watch him, hardly ever goes by the man, slow and ponderous in his link up and build up play, its poor form because we knoe he can do all the things that patterson did on friday night, but right now he isnt, 

How many games do we give him and his poor form, while a confident, flying right back sits on the bench, all this bollocks about the captain cant be dropped blah blah, nonsense, if he's playing shite and there's a better form replacement then so be it, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Wait hold on, the reason i didnt include his assist for Wrights goal is because he fluffed his header, it was pure luck that it landed at wrights feet and he was able to finish, 

But again stats aren't everything as i was told on here in the summer while arguing that hagi would be a bigger loss than aribo, in the malmo ties and united game tav was dung, no it wasnt down to strikers missing hundreds of gilt edged chances, it was tav and barisic's crossing that was at best, abysmal, 

Tav hasn't played well in the last 3 games he played, not just stats wise, but when you watch him, hardly ever goes by the man, slow and ponderous in his link up and build up play, its poor form because we knoe he can do all the things that patterson did on friday night, but right now he isnt, 

How many games do we give him and his poor form, while a confident, flying right back sits on the bench, all this bollocks about the captain cant be dropped blah blah, nonsense, if he's playing shite and there's a better form replacement then so be it, 

Glad you've now acknowledged his two assists Jim 👍

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Glad you've now acknowledged his two assists Jim 👍

I acknowledged them earlier, either way, he's been honking for 3 games and patterson more than looked the part friday night

Pointless debate anyway, tav sold 2 games in 4 days under gerrard who simply wrapped him up and molly cuddled him, patterson is at the age he needs 20-30 games a season, i highly doubt he'll get that over tav

13 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I acknowledged them earlier, either way, he's been honking for 3 games and patterson more than looked the part friday night

Pointless debate anyway, tav sold 2 games in 4 days under gerrard who simply wrapped him up and molly cuddled him, patterson is at the age he needs 20-30 games a season, i highly doubt he'll get that over tav

Agree Patterson won't get anywhere near that amount of starts nor a regular run in the team which will mean he won't develop nearly as quickly or as good as he should do. Having a look at that Tierney,  at Patterson's age he had he was a first team regular with about 80 first team appearances. Personally feel that Patterson is going to waste with us. When u see guys like Patterson it'd no wonder guys like gilmour fuck off elsewhere because they know they won't be given a real chance at the club

16 hours ago, bluenoz said:

McLaughlin canny play

3 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Is it just me or does anyone else not see the evidence to support the widely held belief that Nathan Patterson is a superstar in the making?

I've seen him play every minute he has been on the pitch for the first team and overall he's looked pretty decent, but nothing that would suggest he is going to be the second coming.

Great potential, full of confidence, doesnt look out of place in 1st team. But imo he was good the other night not amazing as some viewed his performance. 

If he keeps his jersey then fine. If it reverts back to Tav then that's fair enough too. I do think hes on a good career trajectory and will get more opportunities this season. He'd have had more last season if he'd not covid fucked up so hopefully he takes his chances when they come.

On 16/08/2021 at 10:24, graeme_4 said:

I think he’s really good with great potential, but I think some are looking through their ‘FFS Tav’ tinted spectacles. 

Bassey was the standout on Friday. 

Bassey does not start on Thursday then I could understand why there's a relax dilly dally feel to the squad, because fir some it's play how you want because my name is such and such and I will play every game no matter how shite I play.... naming know names....goldson 🙈

Bassey does not start on Thursday, if I was him I'd be asking Gerrard for a loan out fir first team fitba.

Teams always play better when players are chosen on form. Last season is irrelevant and Tav and Barisic have been shocking so far, especially as the attacking fullbacks are central to how we play. It doesn't matter that it has only been a few games - all games are vital for us and players can't afford a bad run. Barisic was injured at the euros and it shows, as he's missed most of pre-season. Who knows with Tav, but we have replacements and they deserve their chance. Tav and Barisic both have to earn the jersey back.