44 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Have played their best football for us already (some examples below):

McGregor

Tav

Goldson

Borna

Davis

Morelos

We can either accept this after today and use this as a springboard to inject some new energy and talent into the team, or persist with players on past reputation and watch us continue to underachieve.

I hope Gio is bold enough to make some big decisions.  Ferguson was the master at this with Man Utd, sensing when players had peaked and needed moved on, and when other players had to come through.

This group stopped the ten, but we need a new direction to kick on. 

I'm excluding Ryan Jack from this as he could be like a new player, but generally this core group has come to the end of its cycle.

Davis and Shagger are too old

Take and Goldson don't care anymore and want away as does Borna

Morelos doesn't seem up for it either.

Rebuilding a team around them would be a lost cause

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

Davis and Shagger are too old

Take and Goldson don't care anymore and want away as does Borna

Morelos doesn't seem up for it either.

Rebuilding a team around them would be a lost cause

agree with the points which is why I think we should be building a new core for starting 11 and I don't see it, but hope Gio does :tu:

Edit: I dont think tav doesnt care, I just think his form/mentality is likely in decline now and think we ahve a decision to make there.

Just now, CoplandRoad83 said:

A fit Ryan Jack is the closest thing we have to a proper leader on the park.

Aye when he is on the park though we need someone dependable. 

People question why i am always so harsh towards Davis in particular but his performance today summed him up, he has all the experience in the world he even captained us for a spell but yet he seems absolutely oblivious to what's going on during a match, instead of geeing up his team mates he is usually the first to go into hiding and shirk responsibility. But oh he keeps possession so well........ well all our players would too if they all played like him passing sideways and backwards with an occasional aimless chip pass forward. We can and deserve better than this, we arent a pension top up fund for players to run down their careers. Davis can still do a job for someone but that someone is no longer Rangers. 

Its time folk woke up, if we want to be successful and win more trophies we need to stop being so sentimental and actually look to move on and progress. 

1 hour ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Have played their best football for us already (some examples below):

McGregor

Tav

Goldson

Borna

Davis

Morelos

We can either accept this after today and use this as a springboard to inject some new energy and talent into the team, or persist with players on past reputation and watch us continue to underachieve.

I hope Gio is bold enough to make some big decisions.  Ferguson was the master at this with Man Utd, sensing when players had peaked and needed moved on, and when other players had to come through.

This group stopped the ten, but we need a new direction to kick on. 

I'm excluding Ryan Jack from this as he could be like a new player, but generally this core group has come to the end of its cycle.

We have pretty much got ready made replacements for most of them, some more short term.

Shagger will be very hard to replace.

Morelos will need replacing. He's been dogshite this season but we desperately need a focal point for our attacks. Roofe plays (to his capabilities) about 15 games a season. Don't trust Sakala or Itten to be our No 9. Big focus on getting that sorted.

Bornas probably given us 1 good season.  Bassey...I have my doubts?

Goldson was superb for 55 but again 1 season in 4. What i will give him is he leads, not too sure if we have that in our CBs. Won't be hard to replace though.

My worry is can we get decent cash for our assets come the summer?

Mcgregor too old

Goldson disinterested.

Davis too old.

Morelos, waste of space.

Arfield, best of a bad bunch today but done as well.

Kamara, head elsewhere. 

Frees up a lot of wages, but minimal transfer income. No wonder Gerrard is away, the writing is on the well, if he hadn't left he would be "trapped" like half of these wankers obviously feel they are.

Let's face it, we are out of Europe on Thursday night, the 4 point advantage will be a distant memory come Christmas. We are making Celtic's implosion of last season look mild.

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

Mcgregor too old

Goldson disinterested.

Davis too old.

Morelos, waste of space.

Arfield, best of a bad bunch today but done as well.

Kamara, head elsewhere. 

Frees up a lot of wages, but minimal transfer income. No wonder Gerrard is away, the writing is on the well, if he hadn't left he would be "trapped" like half of these wankers obviously feel they are.

Let's face it, we are out of Europe on Thursday night, the 4 point advantage will be a distant memory come Christmas. We are making celtic's implosion of last season look mild.

Nah mate, we are bad the now but they were hoachin beyond belief, arent that good, and we can get this back on track with bold decisions and good management. Over to you, Gio.  :tu:

Currently we cannot defend. Even against the likes of Ross County we are getting found out defensively.

Given that there are not much options especially at center half. We have to be more offensive and keep the ball at the other end of the park and score more than you concede. Problem is we are literally loaded with defensive midfielders who all lack a forward creative pass.

We need to find a formation that gets more creative midfielders in behind the frontline, and plays through the lines rather than side to side.

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

I'm not going to say Tav is finished, he definitely needs dropped and let Nathan have a run, but I can see him still performing well at some point in the future. I also don't think Davis is finished (despite his age), but off-form. 

However, I do think McGregor is done, and Goldson, Borna and Morelos are done too 

Not sure about Goldson, he certainly has passion, but agree with you about the others.

Right now hate saying it but he's got to work with what he has. He's got to get a tune out of these players. Maybe a fresh approach will do that. 

For me but he's got to ring in some changes. I'd honestly go with Bassey and Patterson with the form of Barasic and Tav. I'd drop Goldson if we actually had someone to come in but right now we don't. 

Long term we need a new CB and big investment in midfield. 

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

There are far too many sentimental folk on these forums that still believe these players are like back in their prime.

I got tore to shreds at the tail end of last season for suggesting that we didnt renew any of the older players contracts (including Arfield). Yet here we are none of them have proved good business and value for money. At the very least you want them to be showing leadership to the rest but we arent even getting that from them. Im sorry I dont see anyone (maybe ryan jack) actually fucking getting players telt to get their fingers out their arses during games. We need a proper captain like Ferguson rallying and fucking moaning at them when they are playing shite.

Good post mate. Ryan Jack is not the answer either. He has got better since his lay off. FFS!  Time to move on. 

1 hour ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

A fit Ryan Jack is the closest thing we have to a proper leader on the park. Tav has led by example because his performances have been so high in the past, but in truth I think we know he's not really that type of player.

A fit Ryan Jack is an oxymoron mate. 😉