Goldson

GOAT

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

You dont think katic was fucked about by gerrard, playing well forming a partnership with goldson, only to get binned for worrall then constantly dropped and recalled with either worral or edmundson

Souttar has had 3 ruptured achilles injuries, imo that is a chance we should not be taking 

There was an entire season after Worrall left where Katic was consistently in the side. No idea why you're pretending like it never happened.

After Helander was injured in the LCF, Katic played pretty much every game. Whatever happened in Katic's first season, he had an entire second season to put right and was distinctly average (at best).

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I think he’s a good 3rd choice CB, but he’s had a couple of wobbles as well as being thrown under a bus by Gerrard. 

His dropping to get Worrall in the was mad at the time, and even worse in hindsight. And after a rocky game or two his ‘we just need Helander back now’ comment was an arsehole move. 

Katic had been ropey in games before he was dropped for Worrall too. Folk seem to forget some of the howlers he had for us. Like i said to JBJ, there was a full season after that for Katic to show what he had and he was very, very average. He started 11/15 games before Covid and chose not to bring another defender in when Helander went down in the Cup final - putting faith in Katic beside Goldson. And then we all know what happened

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I did in my most recent post, 3 ruptured achilles injuries is something we should avoid imo, 

Yet you're advocating bit time for Katic who is the same age and has player a lot less football in his career.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There was an entire season after Worrall left where Katic was consistently in the side. No idea why you're pretending like it never happened.

After Helander was injured in the LCF, Katic played pretty much every game. Whatever happened in Katic's first season, he had an entire second season to put right and was distinctly average (at best).

Not really, first half of the season Helander was in and out before he got injured then at the turn of the year there was a lot of chopping with Katic and Edmundson.

42 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We did win it at a canter, however a lot of that was to do with the utter implosion over in the east end, absolutely no denying that, two years on the bounce pre covid we had a new years collapse due to them putting pressure on us, last season they fucked off to dubai, came back and dropped something like 9 points out of 12, we had literally no pressure after new year

Leicester won the league by ten points that season, was that not a fluke? 

The team did well last season i wont deny that, but to say there wasnt things going way in our favour that we had no control over is daft imo. 

I'm not entirely sure we can just blame it on the implosion on the East end. We still had to beat the teams in front of us, which we did. That was nothing to do with them, although I get the point about pressure, the team still managed to cope with it when the pressure was on. 

The issue for me is mentality, as talent wise, we obviously are good enough. 

The Leicester situation is one out of context as they were never expected to challenge for the league, so can legitimately be called a freak result, but over the course of the season they deserved it. 

To say that one team in a two horse race winning the league is a fluke, is just wrong. 

was their being gifted the league the season before a fluke? I think you are being way too negative this time Jim. The main issue is one of mentality, and of course we always need to improve. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Katic had been ropey in games before he was dropped for Worrall too. Folk seem to forget some of the howlers he had for us. Like i said to JBJ, there was a full season after that for Katic to show what he had and he was very, very average. He started 11/15 games before Covid and chose not to bring another defender in when Helander went down in the Cup final - putting faith in Katic beside Goldson. And then we all know what happened

Not really how I remember it, thought he’d been pretty solid for a 21(ish) year old in a rebuilt team. Some great performances in qualifying for the group stages. 

He was on the other hand absolutely howling away against St Johnston though. 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

An entire season, you mean the season that finished in march? That ENTIRE season? 

Also, katic came in after the LCF as you said, we conceded one goal in 4 games (the tarrier handball goal) which included games away to hibs, motherwell, katic also scored our winner at parkhead 

After the break he was chopped and changed with edmundson, he had one bad game away to st johnstone 

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Even if they'd been good last season, we went unbeaten in the top flight for the second time in 130 years, kept more clean sheets than we ever have and conceded fewer goals than before. we won that title far more than they lost it.

Am I right in thinking that their end points tally would have been good enough to win the league in quite a few seasons before it?

We were just so good last season. 

34 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Would you take souttar? 

On paper yes. Has done well for Hearts and is a good age to make that next step up, but his injury history is a worry. 

I wouldn’t fully rule out Katic either tbh. Him and Middleton are two players we should try and bring back for Gio to have a closer look at.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Not really, first half of the season Helander was in and out before he got injured then at the turn of the year there was a lot of chopping with Katic and Edmundson.

Katic started all but three of the 15 league games after the LCF.

Before that he'd started 6 out of 14 in the league. His only consistent run out of the team was just prior to Helander's injury.

Started 8 of 18 games in Europe pre-covid too.

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Yet you're advocating bit time for Katic who is the same age and has player a lot less football in his career.

Probably because katic isnt really an injury concern (well you hope his knee is holding up) plus i stand by my opinion that he never got a fair crack from gerrard 

He may or may not be good enough, but firstly he's better than simpson who's gonna haunt our squad for a while now, and imo katic deserves a chance of playing consistently with one partner 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not really how I remember it, thought he’d been pretty solid for a 21(ish) year old in a rebuilt team. Some great performances in qualifying for the group stages. 

He was on the other hand absolutely howling away against St Johnston though. 

He was also an absolute bombscare away to Hamilton in his next game after that.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

On paper yes. Has done well for Hearts and is a good age to make that next step up. but his injury history is a worry. 

I wouldn’t fully full out Katic either tbh. Him and Middleton are two players we should try and bring back for Gio to have a closer look at.

Agreed with all of it, feel dirty now 😂

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Katic started all but three of the 15 league games after the LCF.

Before that he'd started 6 out of 14 in the league. His only consistent run out of the team was just prior to Helander's injury.

Started 8 of 18 games in Europe pre-covid too.

So you were wrong when you stated 'There was an entire season after Worrall left where Katic was consistently in the side.'

Just now, The Dude said:

He was also an absolute bombscare away to Hamilton in his next game after that.

He wasn't helped with the treatment he got from Gerrard. You're wrong saying he was 'consistently' played that season. One or two mistakes and Gerrard dropped him for a good period whereas others were making more frequent mistakes with no punishment. Gerrard just didn't like him.

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Hopefully Gio signs both Vitesse centre backs on pre contracts Doekhi and Bazoer, get rid of Goldson Simpson  and Katic, our defence is a shambles needs a total clear out 

This is the biggest thing on here that gets me. It's easy saying we need to get rid of players but those players need to have something about them for other clubs to want to buy them. Who will pay money for Simpson or Katic the now? This model of buying players who get a small run of games and disappear until their contract runs down is why were in the shit were in.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

This is the biggest thing on here that gets me. It's easy saying we need to get rid of players but those players need to have something about them for other clubs to want to buy them. Who will pay money for Simpson or Katic the now? This model of buying players who get a small run of games and disappear until their contract runs down is why were in the shit were in.

Back to pre admin when martin bain was the king of pay offs lol,