Ross Wilson

CoplandRoad83

2 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

After us all being left suddenly in the shitter by SG, he appears to have been very professional and moved swiftly in securing a new manager that is top drawer and who everyone wanted. Bit baffled by the criticism.

Aye hut he’s nervous in front of a camera, he squirms too much and he pokes his tongue out when he talks :belm:

I like Ross Wilson, positive, articulate and clearly driven. Words to media can seem repetitive and buzzwordy because you’re being asked similar questions and have to be vague but remain positive with your replies. The real talking is done behind closed doors and I’m certain that Ross Wilson is more than capable. These next few months will be a proper test, not only for Ross Wilson but for Gio, his team and even more so the players.

6 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

He's been the man in charge when we've actually won something so in my book that's better, I think the way we've got GVB in as well through contacts of his has made a difference, we've still to see buying and selling, but up to now we've been keen to keep the sqaud together, I suppose the next couple of transfer windows are going to be all about him and how well he performs but I think he's in the job now and we should see him come to the fore.

😂😂😂 He was in charge when we won something so totally negate the work done by his predecessor in setting up everything else lol 

Mark allan literally signed shagger, goldson, helander, barisic, kent, davis, defoe, arfield, kamara, 

Wilson signed hagi, roofe and itten

28 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

😂😂😂 He was in charge when we won something so totally negate the work done by his predecessor in setting up everything else lol 

Mark allan literally signed shagger, goldson, helander, barisic, kent, davis, defoe, arfield, kamara, 

Wilson signed hagi, roofe and itten

Am getting the feeling you are not very impressed with Ross Wilson, what is it that Mark Allan done that was better? Obviously the sqaud needed players at the start of Gerrards tenure and he was the man in place at the time doing the deals, as you well know the club have rained it in considerably on the player purchase side of things since, that would explain the lower number of player's coming through the door, not really any slight on Ross Wilson, the players that have come in under him have not done any worse than those who came in earlier on imo.

57 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Am getting the feeling you are not very impressed with Ross Wilson, what is it that Mark Allan done that was better? Obviously the sqaud needed players at the start of Gerrards tenure and he was the man in place at the time doing the deals, as you well know the club have rained it in considerably on the player purchase side of things since, that would explain the lower number of player's coming through the door, not really any slight on Ross Wilson, the players that have come in under him have not done any worse than those who came in earlier on imo.

He's done nothing of note so far compared to his predecessor, allan literally had to rebuild the squad and the behind the scenes, allan signed the bulk of the title winning team, 

23 hours ago, chris182 said:

I still think SG is getting off lightly in all this. Royally screwed the club and the fans IMO. 

For me, it's all about minimising damage to our league season in what is a very tricky run of fixtures. Gio has to learn and adapt to our tinpot league very quickly.  The league has become much more competitive since he was here as a player and away to Livi first game...doesn't come much tougher than that when you're trying to adjust. 

I'm pretty nervous. Hopefully I can look back at this post in May and piss myself laughing.

The phrase throwing us un der the bus comes to mind but it just seems to be the way of things in the modern game as long as a bit of cash changes hands and that's something they have plenty of down south 

Can people stop making our Ross Wilson is our scout, we literally have a “Chief Scout” position within the club.

He will be the one recommending who to sign and then Wilson/Robertson/Park/Manager/Coaching Staff will all no doubt play a part in deciding who to sign, Wilson will be only one small part in that process.

3 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Can people stop making our Ross Wilson is our scout, we literally have a “Chief Scout” position within the club.

He will be the one recommending who to sign and then Wilson/Robertson/Park/Manager/Coaching Staff will all no doubt play a part in deciding who to sign, Wilson will be only one small part in that process.

Wilson has considerable input on who gets signed.    

10 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Wilson has considerable input on who gets signed.    

Of course he will have influence but he won’t the one finding the players, and will Wilson have anymore influence than the manager or the guys to decide our budget/available funds in Robertson/Park? I very much doubt it.

Yet people seem to exclusively blame Wilson/Allen for the signings I have rarely seen Gerrard/The Board getting the same criticism.