Mason Greenwood

jackg93

47 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Plenty of people are sacked for gross misconduct without a criminal charge btw. I’ve had to lead the process in work before. 

Actors get removed from films all the time for bad publicity

I did see somewhere that in this case that Man Utd won't be able to sack Greenwood unless he was convicted of a crime though. Not sure how it all works tbh. Either way if they can't sack him, they could/should still pay out his contract, sell him, leave him employed but nowhere near the club. Bringing him back to play is bonkers.

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

Why is this so difficult? It seems simple enough to me. 

They sack him for gross misconduct, and put the onus in him to take them to a tribunal, where he will have to testify about the contents of the audio recording, which he has so far been too much of a coward to acknowledge. If Greenwood is prepared to be grilled about being a violent predator, and he wins the case, Man Utd pay off his contract, an absolute bargain compared to the reputational damage they are seemingly prepared to endure over this. 

Depends what the wording of the employment contract is I suppose.

Still difficult for man u as they will want to avoid the publicity of a tribunal.  They could pay him off but would be criticised for that too so impossible situation to get out of unscathed.

10 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Depends what the wording of the employment contract is I suppose.

Still difficult for man u as they will want to avoid the publicity of a tribunal.  They could pay him off but would be criticised for that too so impossible situation to get out of unscathed.

Criticised by whom? Rape apologists? The publicity of a tribunal would set Man Utd apart as perhaps the only morally upstanding major club in world football. Even from a purely cynical PR and economics point of view it is a good idea. Nobody is going to criticise Man Utd for being forced by a court to pay Greenwood what he is legally due, but which they refused on principle to hand over freely. 

35 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Criticised by whom? Rape apologists? The publicity of a tribunal would set Man Utd apart as perhaps the only morally upstanding major club in world football. Even from a purely cynical PR and economics point of view it is a good idea. Nobody is going to criticise Man Utd for being forced by a court to pay Greenwood what he is legally due, but which they refused on principle to hand over freely. 

the point I'm trying to make is it is impossible for man u to get out of this undamaged

5 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

the point I'm trying to make is it is impossible for man u to get out of this undamaged

Sure, but there's levels to this, and clearly the cost of Greenwood's contract is worth a lot less than Man Utd's brand, so there is a fairly obvious way for Man Utd to get out of it with the minimum possible damage, and that way is not letting Greenwood come back. 

The very fact that Greenwood's conduct has meant a guaranteed financial loss to his employer, whatever they do, suggests a very strong case that he has committed gross misconduct. 

What’s blown my mind is the widespread support for Mason Greenwood from Africans (mostly Nigerians) and to a lesser extent Man Utd’s Middle Eastern glory hunters.

Thousands upon thousands of comments after every twitter post, where they don’t even see the issue with what he did, they see it as completely normal.

I’d say the overwhelming majority of UK Man Utd fans don’t want him back and the ones that do aren’t out there defending what he did.

The media is completely silent about this but it goes to show the massive cultural differences from Africa and the UK that shouldn’t be ignored.

6 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Paying Greenwood off will be a drop un the ocean from what they will lose from Sponsorships if they stand by the beast cunt 

They wouldn't even need to.

Send him out on loan for a season and then sell him for £30m next summer.

There's teams in Italy that apparently want him and obviously you then have Saudi.

45 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Been released by Man Utd

Good decision was made by them, well done

Has he actually been released? The statements are a bit ambiguous.

Has his contract been mutually terminated? Is he just going out on loan? Will he be sold?

12 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Has he actually been released? The statements are a bit ambiguous.

Has his contract been mutually terminated? Is he just going out on loan? Will he be sold?

Will get a fee or a loan. Cannot see them letting him walk for nothing.