Braga Away

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

We are going 

Edinburgh, Dublin then to Santiago

Santiago to stanstead then back up to Edinburgh. 190 or so all in.

Was a nightmare trying to get reasonably priced flights.

Applied for the tickets as well but we should all get sorted one way or another 

Edinburgh-Gatwick-Porto then Porto-Dublin-Edinburgh for me, was only £250 as I booked it literally 30 seconds after the draw was made :lol:

Could have had cheap flights (with one dublin layover there and back) but my work didn't tell me til half 4 that I had the time off then I went for a couple pints after work on the Friday. Booked on Sunday after some intense digging.

Edinburgh > Gatick > Barcelona > Porto on the Wednesday

Porto > Paris > Edinburgh on the Friday. Ended up £300 all in.

Portugal, if your fully vac, just nhs covid passport showing all 3 jabs.

If your un vacinated like me, pcr test or if yoi have had covid in the last 6 months you van get proof of covid recovery certificate and that does you.

Passenger locator form filled in 2 days before you go for portugal.

55 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Could have had cheap flights (with one dublin layover there and back) but my work didn't tell me til half 4 that I had the time off then I went for a couple pints after work on the Friday. Booked on Sunday after some intense digging.

Edinburgh > Gatick > Barcelona > Porto on the Wednesday

Porto > Paris > Edinburgh on the Friday. Ended up £300 all in.

Some effort sir

58 minutes ago, MisterC said:

@RFC55 and others, this is the link to the travel restrictions, looks like you don't need to do a pcr before travelling. Heve a good read....

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/portugal/entry-requirements

Ive just posted about this.

I was reading it intensely last night, soon you will need a degree to travel out the fucking country fk me 🤣 to understand it.

4 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

If your un vacinated like me, pcr test or if yoi have had covid in the last 6 months you van get proof of covid recovery certificate and that does you.

How do you get proof of recovery? My wee yin. Isn't vaccinated but has recovered in last 6 months 

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

How do you get proof of recovery? My wee yin. Isn't vaccinated but has recovered in last 6 months 

What age is he or she ?

I had to register with covidcertNI for Northern Ireland and register, make an account, send photographic proof and nhs number helps too though not must have.

Then applied for covid proof of recovery certifcate through app, thry sent me it back almost instantly.

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/covid-19-measures-implemented-portugal

15 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

The pcr is taken 72 hours before or you can get a LFT 24 hours before but it can’t be a self test. 

I’m unsure if you need either a test or evidence of Covid recovery or it’s both as it’s not that clear.

And it’s the Portugal PLF

https://portugalcleanandsafe.pt/en/passenger-locator-card

11 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

It’s the nhs Scotland Covid ‘status’ app and I’ve used it to go to Turkey 2 months ago.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/nhs-scotland-covid-status

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The pcr is taken 72 hours before or you can get a LFT 24 hours before but it can’t be a self test. 

I’m unsure if you need either a test or evidence of Covid recovery or it’s both as it’s not that clear.

I was reading it intensely mate.

Your right on the test part, needs to be done at a lab, ir your going to pay 50 or 60, better with PCR going by how crazy these rules are.

Evidence of covid recovery within 6 months is ok, mines runs out end of april.

Saves paying for these tests until next time.

Im coming back via spain and the covid recovery cert covers me for spain also.

Back to the UK is a free for all now, no regulations.

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

@RFC55 and others, this is the link to the travel restrictions, looks like you don't need to do a pcr before travelling. Heve a good read....

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/portugal/entry-requirements

My worry now is I tested positive for Covid yesterday. Having to sack a stag do in Hamburg this weekend and there is a "recovery period". My test/result isn't showing up in my app yet and hoping it stays taht way.

34 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Some effort sir

Our planned way back before I found the Paris flights wasn't any better. Porto to Mallorca, Mallorca to Barcelona, Barcelona to Dublin, Dublin to Edinburgh :lol: 

I don't mind one or two flights on the way out but the way back has to be as short as possible! I came back from Maribor via Vienna then Mallorca then back up to Edinburgh which was a right hoot :lol:  Wasn't the only one taking that detour.

28 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

What would you put for address if you're on the day trip ?

25 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

My worry now is I tested positive for Covid yesterday. Having to sack a stag do in Hamburg this weekend and there is a "recovery period". My test/result isn't showing up in my app yet and hoping it stays taht way.

It will show up so so don’t worry about it.

37 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

I was reading it intensely mate.

Your right on the test part, needs to be done at a lab, ir your going to pay 50 or 60, better with PCR going by how crazy these rules are.

Evidence of covid recovery within 6 months is ok, mines runs out end of april.

Saves paying for these tests until next time.

Im coming back via spain and the covid recovery cert covers me for spain also.

Back to the UK is a free for all now, no regulations.

If needed I’ll be going for the lft as cheaper and results will be quicker.

They just email you the certificate anyway so you don’t need to hang about the test centre waiting.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Previous trips this year they didn't check proof of vaccination or negative test for Denmark and Serbia (even though it was a requirement). But they did check in Germany.

The Germans are bastards but I’ve been to Spain a couple of times and Turkey and they just don’t seem interested.