Starfield

CR3

32 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Can't wait for this @CR3.

Not sure if you have noticed but I have been bashing the life out of Fallout 4 ever since my boy gave me back my console from playing Minecraft :lol:

This game looks an absolute master piece

Nice mate, ideal game to play before it to get ready. Enjoy, gimme a shout through it at somepoint. 

51 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

just about to play this and im hoping nothing goes wrong when everyone starts at the same time

:unsure:

and im gonna be knackered tomorrow for my appointment

:lol:

20 minutes late letting everyone in but got there eventually. Folk freaking out on Twitter. 

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

20 minutes late letting everyone in but got there eventually. Folk freaking out on Twitter. 

aye it kept on saying i hadnt installed it but i guessed it was just everyone jumping on

saw a video saying it takes a while before it grabs you in but i like no mans sky its like that  but with shooting

37 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Only gets a 7 out of 10 on IGN?

Thats a bit of a kick in the stones for a game that has been so hyped.

IGN is a load of wank though, been caught plenty of times talking absolutely shite.

Pretty sure they said Alien Isolation was shit.

21 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

IGN is a load of wank though, been caught plenty of times talking absolutely shite.

Pretty sure they said Alien Isolation was shit.

Ive always mean to go back and play that.

Turned it on for 5 mins late at night with the headphones on. Alien made a big fuck off hissing noise and I shat it, turned it off and vowed to come back to it.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Ive always mean to go back and play that.

Turned it on for 5 mins late at night with the headphones on. Alien made a big fuck off hissing noise and I shat it, turned it off and vowed to come back to it.

Mines was the opposite the Alien hissed at me and I vowed never to back to it again.

4 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

So for anyone that has played it - any good?

Got Game Pass and refuse to pay £32 just to play it 5 days early.

yeah im playing it and enjoying it

taking a while to get to grips with the controls as they dont tell you much and its a bit slow until after the initial first part of the main story when it apparently gets better

but this isnt a quick game this is a game if you enjoy it you'll be playing it for years so im enjoying just plodding away just now

15 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

yeah im playing it and enjoying it

taking a while to get to grips with the controls as they dont tell you much and its a bit slow until after the initial first part of the main story when it apparently gets better

but this isnt a quick game this is a game if you enjoy it you'll be playing it for years so im enjoying just plodding away just now

Yeah I read a review that pretty much said the fist couple hours are pretty slow then it kicks on.

Never actually played a Bethesda game other than a very small amount of Doom and Fallout, so looking forward to it. Thought Outer Worlds was great and as much as there's a lot of differences it seems within a similar realm.

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Yeah I read a review that pretty much said the fist couple hours are pretty slow then it kicks on.

Never actually played a Bethesda game other than a very small amount of Doom and Fallout, so looking forward to it. Thought Outer Worlds was great and as much as there's a lot of differences it seems within a similar realm.

playing it reminds me of no mans sky, outerworlds/fallout deus ex but im just running about doing nothing

it could do with more people in the cities but i think they'll add them in

really enjoying it, would recommend if you’re a fallout head @Somemightsay7 but if you’re not desperate to play it right now wouldn’t imagine 4 extra days will kill you. Haven’t had any real bugs yet or anything major yet. Smooth sailing on the series X so far without blowing you away. But it was in development for 7 years. Still feels like their fallout engine which is understandable. Good Content more important and I just put in 5 hours of side quests and was locked in enjoying it.

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

fuuuuck

just getting into it and thinking 'oh yeah here we go'

then i die and respawn at a point i was 20 minutes ago

a wee tip quicksave is your saviour

:pierre:

Not even quick save. Double click start and manual save after every decent patch of things you do mate.

On 01/09/2023 at 00:16, BlueVanguard said:

been bashing the life out of Fallout 4

Currently 7 days 14 hours into my current F4 play through using Sim Settlements 2 and Ad Victoriam mods (among others), focusing on a BoS play through. Did a Minutemen playthrough using We are the Minutemen mod, that I spent a quite frankly stupid amount of time on, so I will probably not be done with my current game for some time yet. Quite happy to leave Starfield be for a while, at least until the first DLC is released, as I said before this is my habit with Bethesda games as it allows the modding community to get to work and  the numerous bugs that are inevitable in a game of this scale to be found and squashed.

Will be reading the reviews over the coming days very keenly, just hope it lives up to the hype.

5 hours ago, lidorfc said:

7/10 seems a fair score, the graphics are really unimpressive, and the gameplay feels like something I've played a million times. Don't see myself sinking a lot of hours into this at all, I'll probably just fire through the story.

I’d say closer to an 8+ if you whack the film grain off and are at peace with the FPS as promised until improved. There’s quite a cyberpunk vibe/look to some of it with less bugs mixed with the classic Fallout. Like all the other Bethesda games after a while when they finally get an fps boost and upgrade it could hit a 9 quite easily but thought 7 was harsh and probably came from a guy who was on PC expecting more from the performance. For example it tans the arse off of The Outer Worlds and has the potential to be one of the best in the series for content but I’m 2/3rds in.

8 hours ago, CR3 said:

I’d say closer to an 8+ if you whack the film grain off and are at peace with the FPS as promised until improved. There’s quite a cyberpunk vibe/look to some of it with less bugs mixed with the classic Fallout. Like all the other Bethesda games after a while when they finally get an fps boost and upgrade it could hit a 9 quite easily but thought 7 was harsh and probably came from a guy who was on PC expecting more from the performance. For example it tans the arse off of The Outer Worlds and has the potential to be one of the best in the series for content but I’m 2/3rds in.

The Outer Worlds came out 4 years ago, I’d hope so.

19 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

The Outer Worlds came out 4 years ago, I’d hope so.

Well IGN rated that higher which is a bit of a farce after having just finished this. Doesn’t lace Starfield’s boots. Times that games come out is all relative and can be hard to compare. Some of the best games were out decades ago so it’s not really a good point  to make. 

4 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Well IGN rated that higher which is a bit of a farce after having just finished this. Doesn’t lace Starfield’s boots. Times that games come out is all relative and can be hard to compare. Some of the best games were out decades ago so it’s not really a good point  to make. 

It clearly is. One is playable on the Switch. :lol:

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

It clearly is. One is playable on the Switch. :lol:

Some people could argue a game in the 90’s on a 16-bit snes machine could be better than one out in 2023 so I’m just not sure what you’re trying to say in regards to what was spoken about - how a game is rated based on how long it was out or what you can play it on weren’t really coming into it for me.