Starfield

CR3

2 hours ago, Iakona said:

Aye that was down to the cartridges Nintendo used.

When you take inflation into account, the price goldeneye released for in 1997 is the equivalent of £102 today.

The games industry always seemed to avoid inflation, which has made the jump all that more jarring… But AAA games on the whole are far more expensive to produce thesedays.

I don’t like Starfield, but even at 60 quid there’s clearly enough meat on those bones to justify the cost of entry. 

Agree - a game costs less than (probably half of ) a family of four cinema trip and meal out - given how many hours they tend to give, and ability to sell on and recoup some of the spend, they’re pretty good value on the whole I think! 

On 16/09/2023 at 09:36, CR3 said:

What you meaning, grav jumping to planets mate? Bit tedious but I haven’t half hounded it man. Need a break for a day or two for ma sanity I think.

Had a 10 minute period in the game when I was just constantly in the menus or grav jumping, really annoyed me 🤣

Played it a lot the last 3 days and starting to get really into it, installed some quality of life mods though which has helped. Got rid of the spaceship landing/taking off animations, no more docking animations, shit like that. Improved stealth, enemy AI etc. 

3 hours ago, Blue72 said:

Agree - a game costs less than (probably half of ) a family of four cinema trip and meal out - given how many hours they tend to give, and ability to sell on and recoup some of the spend, they’re pretty good value on the whole I think! 

The cost of gaming all things considered is incredible value. £30-40 for something like Football Manager can be hundreds of hours of value vs what you said, a couple cinema tickets for a 2 hour movie.

3 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Played it a lot the last 3 days and starting to get really into it, installed some quality of life mods though which has helped. Got rid of the spaceship landing/taking off animations, no more docking animations, shit like that. Improved stealth, enemy AI etc. 

Only 2 achievements left, level 100 and marry a companion. Been absolutely hounding it.😅4898A7F2-8978-4A42-B6FE-47F6733EB5EB.thumb.jpeg.506542696253a7d24f755d5166ef8bac.jpeg

12hrs played maybe 1-2hrs a day before I get a bit bored of it. Still level 9 and have been skirting about side missions trying to get the lie of the land on the first few planets and the interface. Only on the Into the Unknown mission on the main story, quite happily taking my time with it.  Doesn't help I've got a belter of a FM team going with RC Lens giving PSG a run for their money!

1 minute ago, BlueVanguard said:

Some going mate well in.

Think I have 3 or 4 left but will grab them soon.

Nice one. Just looked at the 3 you need. Two outpost ones are no bother mate and you’d get in minutes instead of hours really. The guy Maka91 on YouTube does good guides on those I think. Getting level 100 I went to a planet called Schrödinger and farmed high XP enemies that don’t really attack you - that did take a wee while. 

• 3 months later...

ive not played it in ages as ive been pretty disappointed with it very repetitive and the graphics remind of games from the PS3 and xbox360 

even the exploring, something i love in games, is boring they looked at no mans sky and thought 'ok lets do that' but they did it worse, bethesda has been getting it tight over the last couple of months and hopefully the one good thing that comes out of it is they ditch that engine for elder scroll 6 and use a third party one like unreal 5

Just now, Rowley Birkin said:

ive not played it in ages as ive been pretty disappointed with it very repetitive and the graphics remind of games from the PS3 and xbox360 

even the exploring, something i love in games, is boring they looked at no mans sky and thought 'ok lets do that' but they did it worse, bethesda has been getting it tight over the last couple of months and hopefully the one good thing that comes out of it is they ditch that engine for elder scroll 6 and use a third party one like unreal 5

I read something about how companies spend too much buying the companies and not thinking about who is actually still there, which when you consider the disaster that BioWare became is pretty valid.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I read something about how companies spend too much buying the companies and not thinking about who is actually still there, which when you consider the disaster that BioWare became is pretty valid.

yup, yong yea on youtube is quite clued up on such things and has said a few times when a company gets bought those who made it what it is usually tend to leave either straight after they get their money or a year or so later when they learn they are no more than an ordinary employee 

2 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

yup, yong yea on youtube is quite clued up on such things and has said a few times when a company gets bought those who made it what it is usually tend to leave either straight after they get their money or a year or so later when they learn they are no more than an ordinary employee 

These companies seem to fail to realise that the guys who made it were able to by being able to just do what they want. I don't think Naughty Dog get to make Last of Us if Microsoft were calling the shots. It would Uncharted 8.

15 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

The graphics don't actually bother me, what does is the constant loading screens any time you open a door and the dogshit slow travelling between planets. 

I'd much rather have a significantly reduced number of planets that are more detailed than a tonne of baron ones. I feel I spend half the game just going between planets and spending very little time on them once I get there.

3 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

The graphics don't actually bother me, what does is the constant loading screens any time you open a door and the dogshit slow travelling between planets. 

I'd much rather have a significantly reduced number of planets that are more detailed than a tonne of baron ones. I feel I spend half the game just going between planets and spending very little time on them once I get there.

yeah the loading times is like something from the PS4 era the big thing about this generations gaming was no or fast load times and bethesda seemed to have forgotten that

i really hope they take stock of all the criticism and change things for elder scrolls or people will be very vocal in their disappointment

On 09/01/2024 at 12:41, Somemightsay7 said:

This is pretty much why I stopped playing it, with all the loading screens, baron planets etc, plus how safe and sanitized the story/dialogue is, it's pretty boring game.

its as good as you make it, but that might involve a lot of work from (you) the player. I just played it like fallout and had a great time but I've not went back since. Replayability isn't there right now.