The VAR decision against us

RangersMedia

20 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Yes it was a terrible decision. Hope people don't use that as an excuse but. They shoulda hit 4 or 5. Agree though that this should be highlighted.

They should have hit 4 or 5 Malky but they didn't. The ref and VAR made a cunt of a decision and because of that it makes it a lot tougher for us to qualify. Still think we can turn it around though.

5 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

They should have hit 4 or 5 Malky but they didn't. The ref and VAR made a cunt of a decision and because of that it makes it a lot tougher for us to qualify. Still think we can turn it around though.

One of the few times after a 2 nil that I feel we can turn it round .Hopefully Kent is back ,Along with wee Ridvan we have a threat down the left .There was nothing at all last night on the left .

3 hours ago, real boydie9 said:

Nah I don't disagree mate. I posted after this saying the same thing. It's a terrible decision and at the time of watching I was sure the ref was gonna see sense.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That goal might cost us millions. At 1-0, I would still feel optimistic.

Referees are allowed to make the odd poor decision. VAR should not.

In this case, the ref made the right decision because he wasn't giving a penalty until var intercepted.

Ref made the decision though. 

On 02/08/2022 at 22:40, sassaaaa said:

When you seen his hand raised it was a stick on it was going to be given , If it was for us I would have been looking for it.

The rules clearly state that it shouldn't have been given, it's not even open to interpretation

Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close  👈
if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger

On 03/08/2022 at 19:11, real boydie9 said:

Wish I had your confidence. At 1-0 I’d have given us a decent chance. Can’t see us beating them by 3 clear goals on the night now. They are probably too organised and quick on the break. Still, we do have a chance but it’ll require top levels from all our players and for the Belgians to wilt a bit at Ibrox. I personally just can’t escape the Malmo deja-vu feeling.

On 03/08/2022 at 19:18, magic8ball said:

One of the few times after a 2 nil that I feel we can turn it round .Hopefully Kent is back ,Along with wee Ridvan we have a threat down the left .There was nothing at all last night on the left .

I think if we get a goal in the first 5/10 mins we should do it ,but that defence needs to waken up.

6 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Wish I had your confidence. At 1-0 I’d have given us a decent chance. Can’t see us beating them by 3 clear goals on the night now. They are probably too organised and quick on the break. Still, we do have a chance but it’ll require top levels from all our players and for the Belgians to wilt a bit at Ibrox. I personally just can’t escape the Malmo deja-vu feeling.

Keep the faith mate.

The glaring issue with VAR up here;

The tackle on Lawrence on the edge of the box was an utter disgrace in the first half, yellow card and free kick, wouldnt have been checked. 

Colak is punished for handball with his arms by his side in the first half. Almost identical handball in the second half by the CB, play on.

Those decisions will be allowed to continue and influence games. 

I’m also sick of refs almost sub conciously trying to make a game of it in the last 10-15 minutes of a game when it’s 1 goal in it. The opposition team almost always get every single decision from throw ins to free kicks, it’s embarrassing and amateur as fuck