Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I genuinely really like Kevin, he's a lovely bloke who is really good with his time but fuck me that accent is too much to listen to. That and he calls it 'footy' and I can't fucking abide that. :lol:

Every time he talks about “trackie backie” it makes me want to put something through my TV.

22 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Jack Ross still out of work?

Ian Cathro?

Neil Warnock?

Sam Allardyce?

The only serious contender for me is Beale. You uncouple him and Gerrard and it’s obvious which one was all talk and which was the brains.

The fact that he has taken to us and the prospect of regular European football, offsets the attractions of somewhere like Wolves.

This love affair with Beale who hasn’t won anything will end up the same way as Gio .Beale maybe in 5 years once he has proven himself.Otherwise we need a top proven coach ,we are Rangers FC ffs we deserve a high level appointment

37 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Incredible the amount of people proposing Thomson for any sort of role never mind as manager.

Can't get a job at the likes of Dundee or Hibs but we'll give him our one? Fuck me.

Just had this conversation. He's done absolutely fuck all to even be considered for the Rangers dugout. Cunts also a hibs bastard and as dull as dishwater.

Fuck him.

1 minute ago, Sket said:

Just had this conversation. He's done absolutely fuck all to even be considered for the Rangers dugout. Cunts also a hibs bastard and as dull as dishwater.

Fuck him.

I like him as a guy, and he clearly has affection for us albeit I think it's clear Hibs are still his club.

But he's never in a million years someone who is trailblazing as a young coach/manager.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I like him as a guy, and he clearly has affection for us albeit I think it's clear Hibs are still his club.

But he's never in a million years someone who is trailblazing as a young coach/manager.

Be as well chucking it if that's the level we're aiming for.

Brutal.

16 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People need to forget about Beale. He turned down a job in the Premier League four days ago because he backs himself to eventually get a better one. There’s no chance he’s coming back here right now.

He doesn't get on with certain board members either. Loves the club but ain't coming back. Talk of him needs to stop.

The thing that strikes me about Thomson is that I've never heard anything remotely insightful about his analysis of what's happening in a game.

Talks about Davis being a rolls royce, points out Kent has all the talent in the world, states how good a boy Porteous is etc. but never once anything that highlights something happening tactically that viewers haven't spotted.

7 minutes ago, The Archer said:

This love affair with Beale who hasn’t won anything will end up the same way as Gio .Beale maybe in 5 years once he has proven himself.Otherwise we need a top proven coach ,we are Rangers FC ffs we deserve a high level appointment

Even Graham Potter, who most could see would go on to become a decent manager has had to bide his time and prove himself over a few seasons before getting the Chelsea job. 

We can't keep taking these kinds of risks hoping they'll pay off. We definitely deserve a safer bet rather than a risk.

1 hour ago, cpm1979 said:

DoF - Graeme Souness

Manager - Barry Ferguson

Backroom staff -

Neil McCann, Kevin Thomson, Lee McCulloch

Barry couldn't get Clyde above 8th place in league 2 before fan pressure forced him out. No fucking chance he should be our manager. 

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Imo the Rangers manager needs not only to be a coach but a big personality.

The only one available at moment would be Dyche.

If Wilson is in charge i think it will be Knutsen.

Gerrard was a huge figure and personality, gio seems as timid as fuck when comparing the two yet gio had a much more decorated career. Considering who  he has captained and what he has achieved he doesn’t seem to carry that aura that gerrard had 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Imo the Rangers manager needs not only to be a coach but a big personality.

The only one available at moment would be Dyche.

If Wilson is in charge i think it will be Knutsen.

Think we should look at Jon Dahl Tomasson as well. Think he showed he’s got that little bit of arrogance and self assurance needed during his pressers before we played Malmo last season and he’s got Blackburn sitting joint top of the Championship.

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Gerrard was a huge figure and personality, gio seems as timid as fuck when comparing the two yet gio had a much more decorated career. Considering who  he has captained and what he has achieved he doesn’t seem to carry that aura that gerrard had 

Aye mate, said it the other day.

The personality of any team often is a reflection of the manager.

6 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Gerrard was a huge figure and personality, gio seems as timid as fuck when comparing the two yet gio had a much more decorated career. Considering who has he captained and what he has achieved he doesn’t seem to carry that aura that gerrard had 

The same thing I said about Gio’s footballing philosophy as a manager being the polar opposite to basically every manager he played under applies to his personality too. 

I know not every captain is going to be  the punching holes in walls and booting boots across the room type, but how does a guy who was clearly a leader and a captain in so many changing rooms over the years come across as so tepid and uninspiring? 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Think we should look at Jon Dahl Tomasson as well. Think he showed he’s got that little bit of arrogance and self assurance needed during his pressers before we played Malmo last season and he’s got Blackburn sitting joint top of the Championship.

Not sure we’d have money to buy him out his contract.

I’d imagine Knutsen would cost buttons.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not sure we’d have money to buy him out his contract.

I’d imagine Knutsen would cost buttons.

Yeah I think that’s going to be an issue for any manager we want who might be employed at a decent level.

Knutsen is an interesting one as a coach, because he’s clearly rated, but the fact that nobody has appointed him yet is a bit of a red flag. Usually when somebody emerges like he did last season they aren’t at whatever club it is for long.

Personally speaking, I think the board will want to go British. I said Dyche yesterday, and I think he will be our first chocie, but I think Scott Parker is another one who would be pretty high on our list too.